THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Williams Hired

darren15

In a 4-3, Collins is the MLB and nothing else. He's not an OLB, and never will be. When Davis is playing, only bad things will happen. Davis should only get PT in the goalline 5-4 and ST.

Kirksey/Collins as your nickel LB pair, draft the other starter. Orchard isn't it.

Ya, that's fine with Collins in the middle. I just want the best players on the field, and Davis and Orchard are in the mix until you replace them with better players.

Collins and Kirksey are the two dudes that don't come off the field.

Zombo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're actually going with The Best players, D Bryant is included in there far above Orchard or Davis

We'll see if he's back. I see they redid his contract. He's 30 YO coming off a pec injury with one year left, guess we'll see if Williams wants him or not. If we're drafting Garrett, we've go Garrett, Ogbah and Nassib as DEs, so he could be gone.

Zombo

I hope Bryant is back....esp if we are going 4-3, as he's good depth and can play at DE or DT for us.....though, he's not an option to play for Davis or Orchard(above comments)....no way he plays LB........(are u thinking AB? instead of DB?)

If we're drafting Garrett, we've go Garrett, Ogbah and Nassib as DEs, so he could be gone.

Zombo

1) Bryant would be a DT in a 4-3, as he was in Oakland

2) Orchard was a 4-3 DE in college so throw him in there too.

1) Bryant would be a DT in a 4-3, as he was in Oakland

2) Orchard was a 4-3 DE in college so throw him in there too.

I had Orchard in there.

If Bryant stays and plays DT, imagine he is a rotational guy at best.

Zombo

I had Orchard in there.

If Bryant stays and plays DT, imagine he is a rotational guy at best.

Zombo

Without drafting/signing another guy, I'd think he gets the majority of the snaps if healthy. I could see Shelton being the guy who comes out more often with Meder coming in on passing downs. Honestly not a bad 3 guy rotation.

Just heard an interesting stat. Last year the Rams' defense played a typical 4-3 defense in about 17% of their snaps. In other words, they were in nickel and dime packages almost ALL of the time. Just food for thought. That tells me we definitely need some defensive backfield help.

I think now more than ever it's time to throw the checkbook at Jamie Collins. We're $108 million under the cap (or something like that), and we need our beast. Collins gets to the ball, and gets there with no regard for human life. He's versatile, fast, and nasty. LOCK HIM UP.

Just heard an interesting stat. Last year the Rams' defense played a typical 4-3 defense in about 17% of their snaps. In other words, they were in nickel and dime packages almost ALL of the time. Just food for thought. That tells me we definitely need some defensive backfield help.

You realize that almost ALL NFL teams spend less than 25% of their time in their base defenses, right?

I think now more than ever it's time to throw the checkbook at Jamie Collins. We're $108 million under the cap (or something like that), and we need our beast. Collins gets to the ball, and gets there with no regard for human life. He's versatile, fast, and nasty. LOCK HIM UP.

+1

But....to expound further on that, I understand that most team, when they go to their nickel DB packages, actually almost always do so with a 4 man front.

That is what the "experts" on Mike and Mike said, anyway.

Like any good coach should, he will scheme dependent on the players he has at his disposal.

Well, how about this: Since Williams is being brought in with his primary 4-3 system, this FO may want to accomodate him.

So, perhaps, in fact, instead of a DE or OLB, they may want to go for a top rated DT.

So, sure, fit the scheme to the players at your disposal.....or get the players you want for that system.

So, it is possible that we could see a DT taken in the first two rounds.

Coaches let go to make room for Williams staff, plus OL coach Hal Hunter gone:

The Cleveland Browns have announced that the following coaches have been relieved of their duties:

Louie Cioffi (defensive backs)

Johnny Holland (inside linebackers)

Hal Hunter (offensive line)

Cannon Matthews (assistant defensive backs)

Ryan Slowik (outside linebackers)

The Cleveland Browns have announced that the following coaches have been relieved of their duties:

Louie Cioffi (defensive backs)

Johnny Holland (inside linebackers)

Hal Hunter (offensive line)

Cannon Matthews (assistant defensive backs)

Ryan Slowik (outside linebackers)

As bad as our defense was, it is no surprise. Of course, they must now get better coaches and better players.

And, to my mind, this FO should not get off Scott free: THEY decided to get rid of Gipson, Whitner, Hughes, Robertson etc. etc. etc.

So, it seems that a bit of scapegoating is also going on here.

Wasn't it Hunter that was touted as the missing link when he signed on?

just to note a CBS article..Gregg Williams plan was to bring along,(son of Jeff) Brandon Fisher. decided to sit a year. And Dennard Wilson decided against Williams to take a job at Jets

Archived