THE BROWNS BOARD

Pep Hamilton Leaves

DKAllDay

Or....an offensive minded ex HC. ..to serve, despite what you may call it, as OC.

Hey! Chip Kelly? (Ok, no)

Mike McCoy, recently of the Chargers?

Whisenhunt?

I mean I'm just calling it what it is. Considering that Hue wants to call his own plays, that is going to effect who would take the job. For example Whisenhunt (who I think has already had two shots at being a HC) might take the job if offered, bit I wouldn't imagine McCoy would be interested. That's why Roman makes sense to me. A twice fired OC might like the idea of taking a step back for the chance to work with someone like Hue with the idea of working his way back up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't mind Horton getting replaced... but Pep leaving makes me wonder if there's (yet again) problems between upper management and the coaches. WTF

I think he just jumped at the chance to go back to college. Honestly I feel that if there we big issues with the CS and FO like a few years ago, we would have been hearing it for a good part of the season.

Didn't mind Horton getting replaced... but Pep leaving makes me wonder if there's (yet again) problems between upper management and the coaches. WTF

Not sure why that gives you pause about the FO... Most HC's are pretty damn good insulation for their staff.

I think he just jumped at the chance to go back to college. Honestly I feel that if there we big issues with the CS and FO like a few years ago, we would have been hearing it for a good part of the season.

College and more responsibility... Pep looked frustrated to me. More and more so as the season wore on.

College and more responsibility... Pep looked frustrated to me. More and more so as the season wore on.

Not really more responsibility, tho I don't quite know everything he was doing for the Browns. The position he is taking over isn't a full blown OC and didn't call the plays.

I don't know much qbout Greg Roman, WCO guy? His resume looks fairly good, he was the OC for some good 49ers offenses. I hope if Jackson brings him in he gives him some OC duties and collaborates with Roman to build an Offensive system.

I could be wrong but I thought some people wanted him to be interviewed for HC back before Pettine was hired.

I could be wrong but I thought some people wanted him to be interviewed for HC back before Pettine was hired.

We now have a couple of people in place on this staff that can take over if Hue continues his gameday rookie head coaching errors (of which there were many). Handwriting meet wall.

I think he got the shaft in Buffalo. They needed a scap goat during the season and he was it.

From what I have heard though, they may just slow play it and wait. Again they are not looking for a OC, but a QB Coach who has extra say in the passing attack. Also take this as a shitty and large pinch of salt, but Grossi mentioned McCown being absorbed into the coaching staff as well if they can convince him to retire.

Roman's a WCO guy so I don't see the fit with us personally. OC'd it at SF before his abbreviated stint with the Bills.

But he's a John Carroll grad... so there's that local thang again...

I think he got the shaft in Buffalo. They needed a scap goat during the season and he was it.

Maybe... there was a lot of talk along those lines at the time of Roman's firing, but the BUF O seemed to perk up significantly after the change. And the talk faded fast...

This just in... John Harbaugh is looking at Roman to be the Ravens' new OC... a real OC job. Hue is making it hard for him to find help on the O-side...

Roman's a WCO guy so I don't see the fit with us personally. OC'd it at SF before his abbreviated stint with the Bills.

But he's a John Carroll grad... so there's that local thang again...

Maybe... there was a lot of talk along those lines at the time of Roman's firing, but the BUF O seemed to perk up significantly after the change. And the talk faded fast...

This just in... John Harbaugh is looking at Roman to be the Ravens' new OC... a real OC job. Hue is making it hard for him to find help on the O-side...

Maybe don't hire a WCO OC when you have 3 strong armed inaccurate QB's on your team.

Maybe don't hire a WCO OC when you have 3 strong armed inaccurate QB's on your team.

The WCO is perplexing as well if they are as in love with Trubisky and his cannon arm as the rumors say. It is a headscratcher anyways because in Oakland Hue was going with a chew up the clock, strong run game Offense. He really should get back to doing that especially with a rookie QB and no impact #1 WR.

We now have a couple of people in place on this staff that can take over if Hue continues his gameday rookie head coaching errors (of which there were many). Handwriting meet wall.

I'm sure they won't make ANY!

Well, they just fired Hal Hunter too......scapegoat II

as well as, 5 defensive coaches(which was expected)....

So....this amazing new coaching staff is pretty much dismantled after year one.....OC - DC - OL - OLB - ILB - DB - CB coaches all gone....

Little more than a tweak....thats for sure.....

Now....how about the FO???.....any tweaking there?

All pretty interesting for a team, that one week ago said .....no changes forthcoming.....

What a sloppy mess this organization is......

So....this amazing new coaching staff is pretty much dismantled after year one.....OC - DC - OL - OLB - ILB - DB - CB coaches all gone....

All pretty interesting for a team, that one week ago said .....no changes forthcoming.....

They are just doing the setup to make us all "April Fools" on draft day. :P

Can you say .... BATTER UP!

The loss of a coordinator has no real impact. A team is run by the head coach.

Let's take a look at the definition of "assistant".

1. a person who assists or gives aid and support; helper. 2. a person who is subordinate to another in rank, function, etc.; one holding a secondary rank in an office or post: He was assistant to the office manager.

Let me ask you something, What the fuck exactly do you dumbfucks think a head coach does? Seriously? If the offense is run by the OC and the defense is run by the DC.............why does a team even need a head coach?

Look, dumb shits, a coordinator only fetches coffee. Nothing more, An assistant doesn't think, scheme, plan or any fucking thing else. And assisstant is just that.......a fucking assistant. He is NOT the Head Coach of his unit.

All an assistant does is develops the plays and schemes the head coach tells him to develop. The assistant is given a plan from the HC, and based on what situations arise, he calls the scheme or play EXACTLY the way fucking way he was told to call it. Unless Hue changes the defense, no coordinator has the authority to do it. ASSISTANTS do not create company policy.

Few exceptions there Ghool. You really think Cowher or Tomlin were telling LeBeau how to run his defense? BS. Dick forgot more about defense than Tomlin knows.

Surly Haslem wants more for his Buck & the dwindling Fan Base. Must say most of these positions lead to our awful record? The OC really falls under QB coach. Which imo is all about raw talent,with some coaching. The raw talent failed & Pep was not the issue per Hue but Pep deciding on leaving MAYBE based on RG3 returning? I get, HueJax owns the keys to his coaching staff not Haslem. But Scoutmaster at this point won't find a Johnny Unites. but a RG3 is doing a Kessler no favors either. Are you surprised Tabor is still standing? Mario Alford save his arrrsss?

It isn't a huge surprise Hue would be cleaning house on assistants. The goal was to develop a shitload of young talent and get some other players stepping up and playing tough and that pretty much failed on all accounts. It's not a surprise he is cleaning house but it definitely is welcomed.

My interpretation of what Haslam was saying is that "HE" was not going to blow up the organization again. He wasn't going to fire the HC & GM. He didn't say anything about Hue making changes to his staff.

Archived