THE BROWNS BOARD

What would you think of our top 3-4 picks going D

Frenchie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck that, I've been waiting since Kosar left for a fucking QB, Pick one then go D with 1B and 2a then OL

1. OLB Myles Garrett

2. S Jamal Adams

33. FS Budda Baker

and let's throw in:

Desmond King, CB Iowa (assuming he's still available by then)

Thoughts?

Funny, a dozen years ago or so on these forums, we touted drafting several Safeties and we had an old buzzard on here (Rich4Eagle) that use to proclaim that "Safeties are a dime a dozen". I wonder if he'd cringe still at the thought of drafting two within the first 33 picks?

I like to refer to Safeties as "the Eraser" a good one can erase many mistakes in blown coverages and we've sure missed that over the years.

I'm all for going all defense. Time to make the opposing teams pretty boy QB look like shit when they come to Cleveland, as opposed to the other way around.

1. OLB Myles Garrett

2. S Jamal Adams

33. FS Budda Baker

and let's throw in:

Thoughts?

I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

I don't know that I would double up on safty. If we double up that high, I take garrett and then take Barnett. I want to crush QB's. It will be a failed season if we don't knock at least 3 QBs out of the game.

Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

Ogbah is just as good as Barnett IF he has that great pass rusher on the other end. I'm still ok with that being either Allen or Garrett. Then find a way to get Foster @ #12 or, God forbid the Browns think outside the box, trade up to get him if need be.

I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

I think Foster is a slight luxury given the holes in the secondary, but I wouldn't be livid.

Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

Understand. But I think our secondary vastly improves when QB's are running for their lives. Tired of seeing ours having to cover 5-7 seconds at a time. Nobody is that good.

True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

True, but Foster isn't an edge rusher. He could be very good and like I say, I won't be upset, but it's not as big of an overall team upgrade as getting an equivalent calibre DB (particularly safety).

Some decent ones will still be there at pick #33 IMO.

Some decent ones will still be there at pick #33 IMO.

Some decent everything will still be there. Possibly even one of the 'top 3' QBs (as it stands). Certainly a pass rusher. But we're seriously lacking in star calibre in the secondary, while the front seven, if we keep collins and add garrett, has it in abundance. Garrett and Ogbah could be like Houston and Hali...

1. OLB Myles Garrett

2. S Jamal Adams

33. FS Budda Baker

and let's throw in:

Thoughts?

While there is merit....and need...to go all out on defense, we still need that QB, plus at least one OL needs to be taken high.

If D for the first three is the way our Board falls, then so be it.

Personally Allen - Foster - Baker works better for me. Perfect front to back and inside out line up with virtually zero bust potential and a very, very high ceiling.

That said... Baker lasting to #33 is problematic and King even later is a pipe dream.

I can see Allen - Foster - Kizer - Maye (Florida FS) as a possible combo... albeit with bust potential introduced.

Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

You don't want Barnett in the first round.

Edit: as said above, Ogbah is fine where he is. You'd be drafting depth as your first pick. You need a premier edge rusher of interior force. Derek is neither of those.

Garrett #1

Trubisky #2

Hooker #12

what would it take to get SF's number 2?

We give SF

2017- 3rd round pick

2017- 4th round pick

2018- 1st round pick

2018- 2nd round pick

2018- 3rd round pick

-Or-

2017- 2nd round pick

2018- 1st round pick

2018- 2nd round pick

2019- 2nd round pick

?

We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

Fuck. No.

Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

Yes......if the Browns selected these as their first 3 picks, I would think that a jackoff made them.

These top three were selected by the Brown and Orange Report - I only added King to add to the contaversy of taking all D in the first and second rounds. Having said that, I take it you don't agree with them? Those are 4 instant starters and with a high ceiling. The D was crap this year. Resign Collins and add these 4 players and a lot can change quickly on D.

Yes we still need to solve the QB and O-Line.

Foster or Barnett over Adams in the first round? No way! I'd be surprised if Adam isn't gone in the top 6. We'd be dancing if he fell to us at 12. This would only happen if 4 QB's and an RB are taken in the top 11-

Archived