THE BROWNS BOARD

You heard it here first.

Guest Ghoolie

Guest Ghoolie

Let me try this a second time....................

I told you this the first time around and you didn't want to listen. ANYONE who works for New England, does exactly WTF Bill Belichik tells them to do. WHy do you think Crennell doesn't have a clue? He never had to put a plan together let alone execute one, RAC broght coffee to Belichik.

Piloli is another in a long line of coffee fetchers.

He is an executive who is paid to be a glorified gofer. Hiring this guy, would be in line with how fkucking stupid Lerner is, and it would satisfy most of you knuckleheads on this board. What it WON'T do, is produce a winning football team.

Savage brought coffee to Ozzie Newsome. Piloli brings coffee to Belichik.

If Piloli is named GM, we will have the same, exact bullshit we had with the queer who just got fired.

Lerner needs to make Cowher an offer to be GM AND Head Coach if he so desires. Cowher is NOT going to work for a dickhead like Piloli.

Isn't it funny how these coffee fetchers like RAC and homo Savage leave great teams, and those teams keep rolling hile the teams that hired the losers go immediately into the shitter?

Hire Cower and give him the damned team................... OR

Hire Parcells as GM and let him pick the HC.

Piloli is a GREAT choice if you want to know the difference between the Brazillian red and the Dark Vanilla French Roast.

I agree with you about Pioli, but then you go an make yourself seem much less intelligent than your all knowing opinion of yourself. Cowher took 15 years to win a Superbowl ....Browns fans don't have that kind of patience. Cowher was just another HC plugged into a strong system that has been developed form the top down, which is why Pittspuke doesn't miss a beat when they move on to the next coach. Cowher is not known for his ability to assess talent. Cowher is a scary thought as GM. Just say no to Cowher. Bill Parcells I would sign in a new york minute if it was possible.

I told you this the first time around and you didn't want to listen. ANYONE who works for New England, does exactly WTF Bill Belichik tells them to do. WHy do you think Crennell doesn't have a clue? He never had to put a plan together let alone execute one, RAC broght coffee to Belichik.

He is an executive who is paid to be a glorified gofer. Hiring this guy, would be in line with how fkucking stupid Lerner is, and it would satisfy most of you knuckleheads on this board. What it WON'T do, is produce a winning football team.

If Piloli is named GM, we will have the same, exact bullshit we had with the queer who just got fired.

Lerner needs to make Cowher an offer to be GM AND Head Coach if he so desires. Cowher is NOT going to work for a dickhead like Piloli.

Isn't it funny how these coffee fetchers like RAC and homo Savage leave great teams, and those teams keep rolling hile the teams that hired the losers go immediately into the shitter?

Piloli is a GREAT choice if you want to know the difference between the Brazillian red and the Dark Vanilla French Roast.

Did Tom Dimitrioff bring coffee to Belichick too? He seems to be doing ok in Atlanta. Or did Pioli bring coffee to the whole scouting department?

I have to say, Pioli worries me for this very reason. I don't have say in who is hired, so all I can do is cross my fingers and hope they work out, though.

No. Schottenheimer already said GM/HC is too much work for one man to do. Cowher has no GM experience. If he becomes GM and HC, I'm equally concerned.

Ghoolie has no answers, never has, never will.

Ghoolie has entertainment, that's it.

He makes a realistic point about pioli im pretty weary of patriot personnel myself pioli could be for real but away from belichik he may be another clueless zombie like crennel it would be a risk and a bit of a gamble to say the least..

Being under billyboys thumb he may want to try some newbie crap like savage lerner definately needs to take a hard look at pioli who would likely bring a coordinator in as HC...

Guest Ghoolie
I agree with you about Pioli, but then you go an make yourself seem much less intelligent than your all knowing opinion of yourself. Cowher took 15 years to win a Superbowl ....Browns fans don't have that kind of patience. Cowher was just another HC plugged into a strong system that has been developed form the top down, which is why Pittspuke doesn't miss a beat when they move on to the next coach. Cowher is not known for his ability to assess talent. Cowher is a scary thought as GM. Just say no to Cowher. Bill Parcells I would sign in a new york minute if it was possible.

Yes, yes, yes, Browns fans are not patient. I guess accepting the crap we had for the last 10 years is proof of what you are saying? LMAO.

Wasn't it Browns fans who overwhelmingly LOVED the idea of Dilfer mentoring Charlie Frye? Developing William Green?

Puleeeeze. Browns fans have become short bus patrons.

Morten Andersen reported that Lerner is prepared to offer Cowher $8 - 10 MILLION per year to do things his way.

Cowher can't assess talent? What fantasy drug are you on?

Oh, you Shitstain fans are fukking hilarious, I mean it. You all think you are some top-notch organization, and now that there are vacancies everybody and their brother wants to go there. Give me a fukking break. Think about it another way, for real. What would happen if Cowher or Parcells went home tonight and said this masterpiece to their wives....

"Uh, honey, pack your bags, we're moving to CLEVELAND!!!!"

With that said, the best thing that could happen is for Lerner to move the team to LA or some other city that loves football. It worked for guys like Paul Brown and Art Modell, and it can work for Lerner, too. Cleveland doesn't deserve an NFL team. You idiots bitched and moaned when Art moved the team, yet just a few weeks ago you left Shitstain Stadium half-empty during the Bungles game. Classic. You guys act like some "great" fan base, but all you do is make yourselves look bad year after year after year. I used to tolerate Shitstain fans, but lately you guys are just floating in la-la land, er, the toilet.

Guest Aloysius
Being under billyboys thumb he may want to try some newbie crap like savage lerner definately needs to take a hard look at pioli who would likely bring a coordinator in as HC...

I don't get this. In my view, the "newbie crap" that killed Savage was PR & management-related. And in those aspects of a GM's duties, Pioli has plenty of experience.

If you watch the interviews I linked to here, he's Belichick-like in his message discipline.

And in the pre-Super Bowl interview, Pioli talks about the Pats' logistical staff being well-prepared. That's something Savage, as a former director of scouting/player personnel, had no experience in prior to coming to Cleveland.

So I think Pioli would be far less likely to make those kinds of rookie mistakes. What's more of a concern is whether he'll be able to replicate the Patriots' success in the draft & on the field without Bill Belichick making the final decisions.

I don't get this. In my view, the "newbie crap" that killed Savage was PR & management-related. And in those aspects of a GM's duties, Pioli has plenty of experience.

If you watch the interviews I linked to here, he's Belichick-like in his message discipline.

And in the pre-Super Bowl interview, Pioli talks about the Pats' logistical staff being well-prepared. That's something Savage, as a former director of scouting/player personnel, had no experience in prior to coming to Cleveland.

So I think Pioli would be far less likely to make those kinds of rookie mistakes. What's more of a concern is whether he'll be able to replicate the Patriots' success in the draft & on the field without Bill Belichick making the final decisions.

Such is my concern, as well. Savage is a good scout, but was obviously in over his head as GM. Will Pioli be in over his head as a talent evaluator? Can he assemble a quality scouting department?

I don't understand these coffee fetching fools. I'd think that they would be able to learn a thing or two by being exposed to quality organizations. How can they be so obstinate in their delusions of self evaluation?

"It is a poor student who does not surpass his teacher." -DaVinci

-Al

Attention Browns Fans - I know the secret.

Lets see......

- The Browns had Bill Belichick (some say the greates coach in NFL history) and he failed in Cleveland

- The Browns had Carmen Policy of the 49ers dynasty, and he failed in Cleveland

- The Browns had Romeo Crennel (a disciple of Bill Belichick) and he failed in Cleveland

- Bill Cowher turns you down flat even after your owner offers him a piece of the team!

Do you ever just think its the city of Cleveland?

Cowher has turned Cleveland down. Marty says he isn't interested in coaching. Percells said he plans to try to work something out with the new owners of Miami or talk to the Jets. He didn't mention Cleveland. Also Ernie Accorsi said he isn't interested in a full time job.

So all those who think Pioli is a coffee fetcher please please enligthen us with your expertise. Ghoolie, like Rich, likes to trash everything just for fun and amusement, so let's see if they know anything or they are just bashers.

Because, facts are that anybody that is an assistant they could call a coffee fetcher and probably will. The only suggestions they come up with are usually for guys that aren't available so they can say, see how good my pick is.

Monday morning QBs usually get it right and we got two of the best bandwagon fans around. BTW bandwagoners, Ozzie has already said he is happy in his job and dosn't plan on moving.

Ghoolie, while once (probably) was a proud Browns fan, has sadly transformed into the type of pathetic masochist who who is only happy if "his" team sucks. This loser hates everything and wants to drag us down into his misery with him.

Additionally, your "coffee fetcher" argument is beyond stupid, as well. Fine, Savage didn't work out, but everyone started assisting someone else, didn't they? Was Parcells' first football gig a coach/GM position? Was Belichick's??

Guest Ghoolie
Did Tom Dimitrioff bring coffee to Belichick too? He seems to be doing ok in Atlanta. Or did Pioli bring coffee to the whole scouting department?

Oh please,

Guest Ghoolie

Excuse me. whap.. whap whap whap................... MC FLY.................. IS THERE ANYONE HOME IN YOUR THICK SKULL?

How cna PILOLI be an independent thinker? YOU YOURSELF ADMITTED THAT HE SOUNDS LIKE BELICHIK.

DUH................. Can you say " No brain of my own, I do what Bill tells me, I act the way Bill Tells me, I have Belichik's hand up my ass."

Dude, are you seriously that dim?

Don't you know Pioli is the greatest thing ever...........our Brownsboard anointed him...................We can now change the busshillit moniker from "IN SEWAGE WE TRUST" to "IN PIOLI OF SHIDT WE TRUST"

I am amazed that we have fans that have no clue about winning............NONE............did ya know if it wasn't for Gene Hickerson ............Jim Brown would never have gained a yard!

Guest Masters
Still waiting to hear fromRich and Ghoolie. They know it all.........................WHO?

They won't. If they did that, then they couldn't complain about that person later if they were hired here or some where else (ah, remember Saban and Nolan Rich?).

It's a much safer and easier position to take none. I mean 3 years isn't enough time to come up with choices.

I tentatively worry that the threadstarter might be right. Look at all the people that have left New England and gone straight down the tubes elsewhere.

Plus, as a GM, did Pioli ever 'wow' anyone with the rosters he put together? They didn't win those Superbowls with pro-bowlers, they won it with a bunch of good-at-best football players who were coached up by Bill Belichik.

And it just does to show, winning defines a GM regardless of the talent they bring in. Savage probably brought more talent to the Browns in a short period than Pioli did to the Pats, but their respective coaches coached up that talent quite differently.

Still waiting to hear from Rich and Ghoolie. They know it all.........................WHO?

I share some of Ghoolie's concerns about Pioli.

NOW THAT YOU'VE TOLD US WHO YOU DON'T WANT, JUST TELL US WHO YOU DO WANT.

We eagerly await your genius insight on the matter, since you don't want the #1 logical choice. And don't give us any crap about Parcells- he'd be a 1-2 year fix at most. Jimmy Johnson isn't leaving Florida. The short list is getting a lot shorter, no?

Oh, you Shitstain fans are fukking hilarious, I mean it. You all think you are some top-notch organization, and now that there are vacancies everybody and their brother wants to go there. Give me a fukking break. Think about it another way, for real. What would happen if Cowher or Parcells went home tonight and said this masterpiece to their wives....

"Uh, honey, pack your bags, we're moving to CLEVELAND!!!!"

With that said, the best thing that could happen is for Lerner to move the team to LA or some other city that loves football. It worked for guys like Paul Brown and Art Modell, and it can work for Lerner, too. Cleveland doesn't deserve an NFL team. You idiots bitched and moaned when Art moved the team, yet just a few weeks ago you left Shitstain Stadium half-empty during the Bungles game. Classic. You guys act like some "great" fan base, but all you do is make yourselves look bad year after year after year. I used to tolerate Shitstain fans, but lately you guys are just floating in la-la land, er, the toilet.

'

Dude thats wrong ! Stop !

It isn't about who you fetched coffee for. Because, everybody that is an assistant is a coffee fetcher according to our resident bandwagoners.

It's about what they learned and how they apply that. How they go about making decisions. It's not about what tree they are falling out of.

Many in Parcels' tree have failed, including RAC. Some from Bill Walsh's tree failed. Some from Coughlin's tree have failed also. Is Spagnoula a lock. Hell, he is from the Reid/Johnson tree not Coughlin's tree. Maybe we need to look a Marty's tree? Opps, that's Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron and Chud. How about Vermeil's tree? Was RAC from Parcel's tree, Belichick's tree or Palmer's tree? Hell, Savage was from the Modell/Ozzie tree.

RAC was a good DC. But you can't put a rookie HC together with a rookie GM, especially if they aren't on the same page and expect success. A rookie HC needs experienced coordinators. Lerner needs to make sure that there is enough experience and also compatibility between the FO and the staff. You need guys that can teach, guys good with X's and 0's and talent evaluators and again, they need to be on the same page. There's a reason it's called a team.

Don't some of the branches run thru a lot of trees?

Guest Aloysius
I tentatively worry that the threadstarter might be right. Look at all the people that have left New England and gone straight down the tubes elsewhere.

Well, there are two ways at looking at that. One is the way you're interpreting it, the other being that Belichick & Pioli have a special knack for getting rid of players just as they're about to decline. Buy low, sell high seems to be their mantra.

The Pats let us have guys like Andruzzi & McGinest when they knew they were aging. They also let Damien Woody leave in free agency right before his weight problems started affecting his play.

And when 2002 2nd Round pick Deion Branch wanted a new deal, they got great value for him by trading him to Seattle for a 1st Round pick. They then traded one of their two 2007 1sts to San Francisco for a 1st and 4th. The 4th was used to acquire Randy Moss; the 1st was traded down for a 1st and 3rd, with which they picked Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable.

In other words, they traded Branch, a guy they got in late Round 2, for Randy Moss, Jerod Mayo, and Shawn Crable. Now that is getting value.

Archived