THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheating in sports is cool.....or not

Mudfly

Ok....deflategate.....hahahaha....

Honestly doesn't bother me much. .....because I dont know who or how it happened.....was it some employee trying to help out?....was it Brady?...was it Belichoke?....who knows....

But, let's be honest.....some CHEATING has always been "ok" if you dont get caught.....hasn't it? I mean, dont really good linemen learn to hold?....ask Deiken, he'll tell ya....And skilled corners hold too....(the good ones hide it)......ask Haden or Dixon.....And coaches hide what they're saying....why?...cause teams steal information.....spygate....playbooks....etc.....being sneaky in general is fine I think

Remember how we loved Gaylord Perry and his "doctored" balls......How about Albert Bell & corking?.....George Brett & pinetar?.......Phil Neikro scuffing?......

So I say, some "pushing of boundaries" to gain the advantage is fine, just dont get caught......:)

Then there is "bad cheating" types.....that I think stretch the boundaries too far....examples would be:

• breaking Nancy Kerrigans legs....
  • point shaving, bribing refs or losing intentionally.....
  • steroids and PED's....
  • Rosy Ruiz types of cheats

Ok....thats all I wanted to say.....that, "in sports", there is a line and some cheating is accepted as being part of the "game"......agree?.....no?

Excepting PEDs, the lying about cheating bothers me more than the actual act(s)... with lying followed closely by half-truthing... followed closely by willful ignorance.

Not sure where Brady fell between those last two in his presser yesterday. Some of each I think.

Excepting PEDs, the lying about cheating bothers me more than the actual act(s)... with lying followed closely by half-truthing... followed closely by willful ignorance.

Not sure where Brady fell between those last two in his presser yesterday. Some of each I think.

He'd probably get away with it just fine if he just laugh and ...."ok, you got me....cant blame me for tryin".......

Remember bat gate....when "someone" climbed thru the heat ducts to steal the evidence??....HA!...thats legendary shit right there...;)

And the ones not laughing know they just aren't good enough to begin with, and obviously two pounds of air helps their run game and defense.

And fuck you...

bills fag, i'm not talking about the Colts exclusively.most that are complaining already have s.b. rings all you have to do is read some articles.

Yeah, yeah..Erie faggot...

Stuff your wife's face with some more Romolos, and change your picture of her from a steelers to a Browns jersey and bitch about it along with them..

Nobody likes the Pats...I hate them, but the fact is that they have been to six gigs, and won three of them so far. Maybe they are just good, and maybe no one else was ever caught doing the same thing...

Ofcourse it has to be the two pound under inflated balls.... :rolleyes:

There you go with your Pats worship again. Steelers and Ravens have won three SBs since the Pats, or obviously anyone else in your division, has won one.

The Browns outscored the Patriots 60- 41 in our last two meetings ... with Colt McCoy and Jason Campbell.

Here's a thought: Quit sucking their dicks and maybe they'll stop making you swallow.

Zombo

Why didn't the refs notice the balls were deflated? Aren't they supposed to notice that? Or are they in on it too?

Why didn't the refs notice the balls were deflated? Aren't they supposed to notice that? Or are they in on it too?

That was one of my questions too....especially since they handle both teams....so you think they'd feel the difference.....maybe the ref didnt do his job and check em at the start?....I dunno....Brady mentioned what happened to the balls "after" the game, cause someone coulda dropped the pressure then too.....

Also I heard Jerod Cherry, who played for the Pats for the 3 rings, say Brady told the equipment guys, in 2003, that he liked the footballs soft. And they have been that way ever since. Why is this just now coming out?

Yeah, yeah..Erie faggot...

Stuff your wife's face with some more Romolos, and change your picture of her from a steelers to a Browns jersey and bitch about it along with them..

Nobody likes the Pats...I hate them, but the fact is that they have been to six gigs, and won three of them so far. Maybe they are just good, and maybe no one else was ever caught doing the same thing...

Ofcourse it has to be the two pound under inflated balls....:rolleyes:

I think you tricked yourself with that joke Georgie, I can see that making sense in bills country though!

Ok....deflategate.....hahahaha....

Honestly doesn't bother me much. .....because I dont know who or how it happened.....was it some employee trying to help out?....was it Brady?...was it Belichoke?....who knows....

But, let's be honest.....some CHEATING has always been "ok" if you dont get caught.....hasn't it? I mean, dont really good linemen learn to hold?....ask Deiken, he'll tell ya....And skilled corners hold too....(the good ones hide it)......ask Haden or Dixon.....And coaches hide what they're saying....why?...cause teams steal information.....spygate....playbooks....etc.....being sneaky in general is fine I think

Remember how we loved Gaylord Perry and his "doctored" balls......How about Albert Bell & corking?.....George Brett & pinetar?.......Phil Neikro scuffing?......

So I say, some "pushing of boundaries" to gain the advantage is fine, just dont get caught...... :)

Then there is "bad cheating" types.....that I think stretch the boundaries too far....examples would be:

• breaking Nancy Kerrigans legs....
  • point shaving, bribing refs or losing intentionally.....
  • steroids and PED's....
  • Rosy Ruiz types of cheats

Ok....thats all I wanted to say.....that, "in sports", there is a line and some cheating is accepted as being part of the "game"......agree?.....no?

nah, cheating is no good period. its wrong and it shows bad character of the individual who performed the act...this really sucks, because i was looking foward to a good superbowl this yr and now all i can think of is a cheating scandal...maybe i'll go see american sniper instead....

supposedly they did early but dinnt want to stop the game for that much time. Apparently they fixed them at halftime.

So the ref's didn't think it mattered that much.

The Browns, and all of their Super Bowl appearances are the barometer you use to measure the NFL elite?

Dude, see a Dr.

Actually I used the Steelers and Ravens, Ass Rot.

I would have used the Bills, but they roll over and get on all fours as soon as the Patriots walk through the door.

Zombo

I must have misread the entire Cleveland paragraph about Campbell and McCoy. WTF...

I'm really puzzled with you..

Are you OK Zombo?

For someone with that much disdain and hate over a game that doesn't make us a dime, I would seriously see a Dr.

What is so puzzling? You put the Patriots on a pedestal even though they haven't won a championship in a decade. Your team, your fans, and especially, you, yourself, roll over and expect to get assfucked every year.

We play in a division with actual championship teams and we never, ever kiss their asses. And when we play the Patriots we give them all they can handle.

What are you not getting? I am calling you, your team, your fans, your region of the country, everyone you are related to and all of your ancestors ... a bunch of pussies.

No hate, no disdain, not puzzling to the average Joe ... I am calling you a pussy.

A Patriot-worshipping, dick-licking pussy.

Is any of this sinking in yet?

Zombo

What is so puzzling? You put the Patriots on a pedestal even though they haven't won a championship in a decade. Your team, your fans, and especially, you, yourself, roll over and expect to get assfucked every year.

We play in a division with actual championship teams and we never, ever kiss their asses. And when we play the Patriots we give them all they can handle.

What are you not getting? I am calling you, your team, your fans, your region of the country, everyone you are related to and all of your ancestors ... a bunch of pussies.

No hate, no disdain, not puzzling to the average Joe ... I am calling you a pussy.

A Patriot-worshipping, dick-licking pussy.

Is any of this sinking in yet?

Zombo

I think he's calling you a pussy, George.

Yea, I see this as tantamount to a pitcher doctoring the ball in baseball.

I see that in baseball a pitcher caught doctoring a ball gets a 10 game suspension. That represents 6% of a regular baseball season. The penalty here should be tantamount. In football, that would essentially be one game in a 16 game season.

That is what I would do here......give both BB and TB a one game suspension. The baseball rule does not speak to a situation where somebody is a repeat offender of doctoring a football.....but I know that the commish certainly has powers to enhance the penalty for a repeat offender. But even then, if BB is held to be responsible I doubt he should get more than a 3 game suspension.

I guess I thought we were somewhat friends.

Pussy?

What you are missing is that I don't tie myself to football. I tie myself to my business, which allows me to go anywhere, anytime, do anything, afford whatever I want, when I want it and how I want it. Call me every name you want. I'm here typing to a miserable human being, and seeing your obvious misery is enough pay back for me. For you being a suffering browns fan with Haslam in control is simply icing on the cake with more to come. I personally pull for the Browns, but not because of people like you. You deserve to lose, and you do.

I don't hate the Pats, the Browns, The Steelers, or what ever.

I go to the games because I'm a fan of the Bills, especially now.

If for some reason this attitude of mine angers you, I really don't care. I'll probably fly my family to London next year to see them play, and maybe hang around there for an extra week.

If the win, great. If they lose, oh well. It's all out of my control asshole.

Funny though, given the Browns current owner and situation, I would find it hard not to be, at least a little envious of the Pegulas taking control of the Bills this past fall, and the super bright future. It's also nice to know that our owner isn't going to jail, or going to spend Football money defending his case, instead of defense.

Yeah, you can toss a lot of stones at me, the Bills and WNY from under your trailer home rock that you live under, but at the end of the day, you still live under that miserable rock down there in Texas, and I know it..

I'll remain a gentleman, and you will remain hostle, bitter, with more misery sure to come your way.

No one cares about the Pegasus, or what ever their name is, or that you and your boyfriend are taking your adopted kids to London for a week.

You haven't been a "gentleman" one day since you have been here you have mocked good Browns fans and spread your smugness into thread after thread in a way that says "give me a troll name, I'm not leaving".

But the minute I pay attention to you again and remind you of your pussified attitude toward your rival Patriots, you start crying crocodile tears and, lol, pointing out your lifestyle (really?)

"Sniff Sniff ... I thought we were friends!"

Look I "loathe" the Pats as much as anyone, which is why I'm likely not watching the SB cause I can't stand the Seahawks either....whoever wins, I lose that Sunday. But....who fucking cares if Brady had his balls deflated in cold weather to help him grip it better? Did the deflated balls negate the Colts ability to tackle Lagerette Blount? Or was it cause they scratched one of their best run stoppers? Who gives a fuck about this when it "clearly" didn't impact the game nor can it really be construed as cheating seeing as all QB's have their preferences with the balls and do shit with them before the games like scuff em up where their fingers are gonna be etc, etc. When someone puts a microchip on the ball that alters it's flight path I'll care about this...but right now this holy hella gay.

Yea, I see this as tantamount to a pitcher doctoring the ball in baseball.

I see that in baseball a pitcher caught doctoring a ball gets a 10 game suspension. That represents 6% of a regular baseball season. The penalty here should be tantamount. In football, that would essentially be one game in a 16 game season.

That is what I would do here......give both BB and TB a one game suspension. The baseball rule does not speak to a situation where somebody is a repeat offender of doctoring a football.....but I know that the commish certainly has powers to enhance the penalty for a repeat offender. But even then, if BB is held to be responsible I doubt he should get more than a 3 game suspension.

scuffing a baseball is a completely different thing than deflating balls or even scuffing a football for better grip...cause you're just trying to throw a better spiral. Footballs aren't meant to move around like baseballs are. Scuff a baseball and you can make it take an unpredictable flight path which is unfair towards batters. You don't want a football moving around in the air like a breaking ball do you?

I guess I thought we were somewhat friends.

Pussy?

What you are missing is that I don't tie myself to football. I tie myself to my business, which allows me to go anywhere, anytime, do anything, afford whatever I want, when I want it and how I want it. Call me every name you want. I'm here typing to a miserable human being, and seeing your obvious misery is enough pay back for me. For you being a suffering browns fan with Haslam in control is simply icing on the cake with more to come. I personally pull for the Browns, but not because of people like you. You deserve to lose, and you do.

I don't hate the Pats, the Browns, The Steelers, or what ever.

I go to the games because I'm a fan of the Bills, especially now.

If for some reason this attitude of mine angers you, I really don't care. I'll probably fly my family to London next year to see them play, and maybe hang around there for an extra week.

If the win, great. If they lose, oh well. It's all out of my control asshole.

Funny though, given the Browns current owner and situation, I would find it hard not to be, at least a little envious of the Pegulas taking control of the Bills this past fall, and the super bright future. It's also nice to know that our owner isn't going to jail, or going to spend Football money defending his case, instead of defense.

Yeah, you can toss a lot of stones at me, the Bills and WNY from under your trailer home rock that you live under, but at the end of the day, you still live under that miserable rock down there in Texas, and I know it..

I'll remain a gentleman, and you will remain hostle, bitter, with more misery sure to come your way.

Bills suck bro. They blew their wad in 2014. Marrone couldn't get outta town fast enough. Bills 4-12 Cleveland 3-13 in 2015.

It's all much ado about nothing.. All teams dress their balls to every QB's preference .. They even did it for Kurt Warner.. nothing new here , folks.

Deflated balls mean next to nothing. the spygate shit, on the other hand, now THATS cheating. For all we know it was BB's cheat tactics that built the "dynasty" of the early 2000s. Lord knows they haven't won shit since their cheat of choice was brought to light. My guess is Billy realizes he needs to find a new angle before Tom Brady joins AARP.

To all the Great players that want to speak on Deflate Gate. One Question? Your in a division title game, You have a game ball you really like, but it's questionable legal. Do you really think your honesty is going to show up and get the ref to throw the ball out?? Come ON Man!! signed Aikman, Brunnell and others..

really? is this still a fucking story? who cares? just have a fat bitch sit on the balls, it will produce the same effect without all this uproar because then it'd be politically incorrect.

when this leads the national news then you know this country is fucked.

what a bunch of ninnies with nothing else to talk about.

why hate on the pats. their owner is prob the best in the league, they don't have some assholes talking about themselves and there are 2 hall of famers on their team right now as we speak.

fucking root for seattle then and kiss richard sherman's dick on the way out that white hate locker room.

The real issue, as I see it, is twofold...

1) The NFL & it's silly rules. Use balls manufactured in one place, by one company, to a specific set of specs. PERIOD! I haven't heard ONE word of possibly backing off some of the inane rules on the books. Let's get back to football, the GAME!

2) The media. Need I say more about these damned incompetent assholes? Maybe they should pay equal attention to improving their own shitty grammar as they do to the air in footballs.

This stuff is absolutely ridiculous!

Mike

Although, I will say, when there are silly rules...all teams go by the rules

until the rules are revoked. A lot of times, rules are put into place because

of dirty actions in the past by a team, that gave them an unfair, devious advantage.

Who gets to decide what rules are silly, and not? Not the individual teams, not an

equipment guy, or qb for the Patriots.

I just wish we had a RULE against belligerent, asshole trolls from other teams, coming

in here and stinkin our forum up.

Archived