THE BROWNS BOARD

You're Now the GM!

beare

Cut: Barnidge, Benjamin, Smith, Nelson, Bates, Meder, Painter

Restructured: Bryant, Thomas, Kruger, Dansby, Whitner, Hawkins, Haden, Mack

Transition Tagged: Cameron

Resigned: Austin

Free Agent Signings: Cecil Shorts, Mike Iupati, Eben Britton, Bruce Carter, Rolando McClain, Taylor Mays, Darnell Dockett

Finished with above $60 million in cap space and only $500,000 in dead money.

Free Agent Signings: Cecil Shorts, Mike Iupati, Eben Britton, Bruce Carter, Rolando McClain, Taylor Mays, Darnell Dockett

i'm convinced that you might actually know what you're talking about.

I like your thought input but why restructure Mack after a season?

do i need to dress up like a queer to play this game?

No you don't. Everyone already know that you are a queer and suck balls!

To answer the op's question, I would hire Bernard Kosar as GM, Sam Rigitoni as head coach and Brian Sipe as QB coach.

CUT

Name Position

Gary Barnidge TE

Travis Benjamin WR

Garrett Hartley K

Robert Nelson CB

Phil Bates WR

Vinston Painter T

RESTRUCTURED

Name Position

Desmond Bryant DE

Joe Thomas T

Paul Kruger OLB

Karlos Dansby ILB

Donte Whitner S

Joe Haden CB

Alex Mack C

TRANSITION TAGGED

Name Position

Jordan Cameron TE

SIGNED PLAYERS

Name Position Cap Hit

Brian Hoyer QB 3,850,000

Cecil Shorts WR 2,100,000

Miles Austin WR 1,000,000

Ndamukong Suh DT 11,200,000

Brian Orakpo OLB 4,500,000

Buster Skrine CB 1,400,000

Salary Cap: 145,000,000

Player Salaries: 106,273,450

Dead Money: 739,660

Carryover: 18,807,853

Reserved for Draft Picks: 5,000,000

Cap Space Remaining: 51,794,743

This is a LOT harder than a quick fantasy draft LOL. I will get obsessed with this and be forced to learn the business end of NFL salaries.

Why would anyone want to cut Travis Benjamin. Dude is quicksilver in a helmet and our only legit returner threat... It's not like he's going to ask for big money. He's a decent WR, but most importantly, he's fast.

Why would anyone want to cut Travis Benjamin. Dude is quicksilver in a helmet and our only legit returner threat... It's not like he's going to ask for big money. He's a decent WR, but most importantly, he's fast.

He's mediocre and taking a roster spot from a younger, faster guy with more potential.

Benjamin the project is done.

He's mediocre and taking a roster spot from a younger, faster guy with more potential.

You couldn't be more dead wrong.. He made some tough catches this past season.. I'm with PGL on this one.. Travis will be going into his 3rd season and , I expect good things from him.

Gotta agree with you......he's not gonna be a good one....time to move on...

You couldn't be more dead wrong.. He made some tough catches this past season.. I'm with PGL on this one.. Travis will be going into his 3rd season and , I expect good things from him.

Actually, he's going into his 4th year....and in 3 whole seasons he has 40 catches for 700 yards.....and he's fumbled 5 of them.......not counting the muffs....

Now, to me, 40 catches for 700 would be "average for one season" ......but, for 3 seasons?.......way below average.....

And even with his speed, it's obvious the coaches dont trust him to catch punts.....we just had a whole season of Jim Leonard, remember?

Time to add talent to the WR's and, based upon the others we have, he seems like the one with least upside and would be most likely to go.......

WOW I didn't realize that Benji only had 70 catches in 3 years. CYA

thats 40 catches actually(not 70)......or 0.8 a game.....or 14 yards a game.....for 3 years now....

here's another way to look at it.....this year some felt Benji had stepped up his game...he had some nice catches(yes)....some TD's(3).....then Josh Gordon came back and "most people" thought he totally sucked/tanked/slacked(which he did)....right?......so Benji improved and Josh sucked....we can all agree on that, right?

Yet....here are their final #'s for 2014...

Benji....16 games....18 catches for 314 yds <<<< these are not good #'s

Josh.... .5 games....24 catches for 303 yds

or, for more perspective, in his last year here....Mr. Superstar himself ....

Greg Little....16 games....53 catches for 650.......so, Greg little did WAY more in one year, than Benji did in 3.....

I'm not a Benji fan, but he was much quicker before the injury. I think you bring him back with hopes that he got his quicks back the second year after surgery, otherwise you cut him because he's not to valuable when he isn't faster than everyone.

Zombo

Expect all you want. Doesn't mean he's going to produce. The guy has less than 1,000 receiving yards for his career. His punt return and kick return skills aren't especially elite, either. There were late round rookies across the league outperforming him last year and Benjamin eventually lost the job to Leonhard.

Sure, he's quick. But Andrew Hawkins is quicker. Andrew Hawkins is also a better receiver.

It's a business. Benjamin was a good project, and I'm sure he's a great guy. But the cost of keeping him outweighs the benefits.

Sure, he's quick. But Andrew Hawkins is quicker. Andrew Hawkins is also a better receiver.

Add Taylor Gabriel to the mix.....he had double the catches and yards....as a rookie!.....and he's also small(and faster).....how many tiny/fast guys do we need?.....Im with you tcpo, Hawkins and Gabe are enough....

ROSTER

SIGNED PLAYERS

Name Position Cap Hit

Brian Hoyer QB 3,200,000

Randall Cobb WR 7,875,000

Miles Austin WR 1,200,000

Doug Legursky C 2,000,000

Ndamukong Suh DT 8,955,000

Brian Orakpo OLB 6,020,000

Buster Skrine CB 2,100,000

CUT

Name Position

Gary Barnidge TE

Travis Benjamin WR

Michael Bowie T

Darius Eubanks OLB

Nick McDonald G

Garrett Hartley K

Paul McQuistan T

Robert Nelson CB

Jamie Meder DT

RESTRUCTURED

Name Position

TRANSITION TAGGED

Name Position

Jordan Cameron TE

ROSTER

SIGNED PLAYERS

Name Position Cap Hit

Brian Hoyer QB 3,200,000

Randall Cobb WR 7,875,000 - Packers won't let him go (what about Dwayne Bowe?)

Ndamukong Suh DT 8,955,000 - Not worth it plus it will cost more than this (we should grab DT in the draft)

CUT - Can't argue with this list

Name Position

Gary Barnidge TE

Travis Benjamin WR

Michael Bowie T

Darius Eubanks OLB

Nick McDonald G

Garrett Hartley K

Paul McQuistan T

Robert Nelson CB

Jamie Meder DT

RESTRUCTURED

Name Position

TRANSITION TAGGED

Name Position

Jordan Cameron TE

ROSTER

SIGNED PLAYERS

Name Position Cap Hit

Brian Hoyer QB 3,200,000

Randall Cobb WR 7,875,000 - Packers won't let him go (what about Dwayne Bowe?)

No thanks on Bowe. Regardless of what the packers may do, and they may just do what they have done in the past and let him go like they did James Jones..... and let Davante step in as the number two.

I think Cobb and is worth 11-13 mil a year. He is a fantastic receiver and would be a great Gordo insurance policy. Plus I think Cobb could show Gordo a little bit of this and a little bit of that and maybe get him back on track.

Ndamukong Suh DT 8,955,000 - Not worth it plus it will cost more than this (we should grab DT in the draft)

I do not think you can argue that he is not worth it. He is far and away the best DT in the NFL. If we signed him I would look to see Pettine use more four down linemen sets and line up Suh all over the place. Plus I like his nasty, vicious demeanor on the field. Players fear that man.

CUT - Can't argue with this list

Name Position

Gary Barnidge TE

Travis Benjamin WR

Michael Bowie T

Darius Eubanks OLB

Nick McDonald G

Garrett Hartley K

Paul McQuistan T

Robert Nelson CB

Jamie Meder DT

RESTRUCTURED

Name Position

TRANSITION TAGGED

Name Position

Jordan Cameron TE

Some willy-nilly roster cuttin' goin' on...

Interesting to do this combined with the FanSpeak Draft sim which is also now running... or better yet the First-Pick sim which is also up now. Then can see what kind of team you will field.

SPOILER ALERT: In the FanSpeak draft you will occasionally get a shot at Jameis with your 12th pick.

On Benji... sadly I have to agree that his time may have passed. In his 2.5 years of play (discounting for 1/2 year lost to injury) the catch total is low, but as a percentage of targets it's abysmal, in the low 40's, and 2014 was the worst yet. Add that in 2014 his return contributions hovered around nil and he's not a good use of a spot any longer.

I said he was a track guy playing football when we drafted him and he kinda turned out that way, but he had a chance to be better. I thought he was horribly misused by Shurmur and only slightly better by Chud. Both seemed to think of Bneji only for fly routes. Shanny seemed to get that he had out and cross capability.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived