THE BROWNS BOARD

Trestman to Baltimore....

Mudfly

seems like no one wants to coach Johnny.

How does Farmer even sell that?

"We're going to coach up Johnny and we need you to design an offense that he will be successful in"

or

"We think Bradford or Foles will become available and there is always Locker or Sanchez. We just let the last guy walk to a lateral move because he wanted no part of this. Sign here ... "

Zombo

How does Farmer even sell that?

"We're going to coach up Johnny and we need you to design an offense that he will be successful in"

or

"We think Bradford or Foles will become available and there is always Locker or Sanchez. We just let the last guy walk to a lateral move because he wanted no part of this. Sign here ... "

Zombo

Also the perception seems to be the entire staff might be turned over next year AGAIN!!!!!!!!

It looks to me like a 1 and done situation. IMO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/ravens-hire-marc-trestman-as-offensive-coordinator/

Ya, it's true.

We didn't want him anyway.

We are waiting for the truly good OC candidates to emerge.

Or we will just raid the Raiders staff.

Zombo

Apparently correct that they didn't want him anyway.

And yes, I still believe there are quality coaches out there to be had.

You just have to uncover them. Every OC/DC/HC started out somewhere down the line.

And the Browns will get a veteran QB to start next year.

FA period is not open. They will get someone.

Apparently correct that they didn't want him anyway.

And yes, I still believe there are quality coaches out there to be had.

You just have to uncover them. Every OC/DC/HC started out somewhere down the line.

And the Browns will get a veteran QB to start next year.

FA period is not open. They will get someone.

I was concerned that they might get Trestman & he's another of those 70% pass play guys. NO thanks.

A combination of DeFillippo And Cavanaugh would be fine with me. I just don't want one of these tired ol' farts (rhymes with Martz) that are MY age. Maybe in some type of consulting role, but not as coordinators.

We'll see what happens & they also need a WR Coach. Any thoughts on that?

Mike

The sky isn't falling here. Some really wanted Trestman?.....we have been there before people.

I trust we will hire the guy who we feel is the guy to make the difference. It took a while to get Pettine, and I am glad we waited it out to talk to him. I think he is a keeper.

Trust me. We will have a O coordinator next year and the guy will be exactly what we need. Remember, players make the coordinator, not the other way around. Systems are only as good as the players.

The sky isn't falling here. Some really wanted Trestman?.....we have been there before people.

I trust we will hire the guy who we feel is the guy to make the difference. It took a while to get Pettine, and I am glad we waited it out to talk to him. I think he is a keeper.

Trust me. We will have a O coordinator next year and the guy will be exactly what we need. Remember, players make the coordinator, not the other way around. Systems are only as good as the players.

That's exactly why we should be worried. Our qb is johnny manziel...

Time will tell on that. In my book a 3 game sample isn't enough.

As soon as I am convinced he has true insight into his after hours problem, then I'll be back on board expecting big things from him in the long run. But till then he is headed for a washout. He has a choice to make. I hope he realizes that sooner than later.

As soon as I am convinced he has true insight into his after hours problem, then I'll be back on board expecting big things from him in the long run. But till then he is headed for a washout. He has a choice to make. I hope he realizes that sooner than later.

A lot of NFL players with God given talent have "after hours problems" and still perform at all pro levels. I know he has the after hour "problems", my question is whether or not he has the talent

Yep. Johnny HAS talent, but it appears he ASSUMED he would just step in & take over the NFL. He embarrassed HIMSELF, hurt the Browns & that MAY just be the wake up call he needed. Personally, I still think the kid has the balls & pride to REFUSE to be a bust at this level.

We'll see, but Johnny knows that he now has to play a bigger game than he talks.

The question.....He CAN do it, but WILL he? We'll see.

Mike

Yep. Johnny HAS talent, but it appears he ASSUMED he would just step in & take over the NFL. He embarrassed HIMSELF, hurt the Browns & that MAY just be the wake up call he needed. Personally, I still think the kid has the balls & pride to REFUSE to be a bust at this level.

We'll see, but Johnny knows that he now has to play a bigger game than he talks.

The question.....He CAN do it, but WILL he? We'll see.

Mike

I have serious doubts the Johnny the drunk will even make it through OTA's.. I'm just not seeing it.

Um, Trestman was apparently "good enough" for the Ravens. But is Manziel "good enough"? Guess we'll find out the answer to that one soon enough.

Hodge and now Walter Football apparently don't think so- the list keeps on growing. :)

Cleveland Browns: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State ColoradoState_logo.gif

Johnny Manziel is more interested in rolling $20s and partying like some normal college kid than being a professional quarterback. He put on the worst quarterbacking performance I have ever seen against the Bengals, so it's unlikely that he'll get another shot because he's an utter embarrassment. Cleveland has to find a new signal-caller.

I second the bold- why did Connor Shaw look like he had a clue (with even less reps), and Manziel didn't?

I'm not willing to declare Johnny a humongous mistake- yet. But- MHO is Farmer is on his last nerve with the kid- quote- "talk is cheap". He's got until the draft to show he's serious. Assuming he does make it past OTAs, training camp and gets named the starter- he'll have about as much slack as Charlie Frye, Brandon Wee-done, and Trent Richardson. Three more starts on Bungle game level will have Jimmuh callin' down from the owners box to ship him to the Arena League.

You're preaching to my choir Ag.

Another name that's come up is Anthony Lynn from the Jets. Apparently held in high regard, interviewed for their HC job (though maybe rooney rule?), been their RB coach for about 6 years and worked with Pettine when he was there. Interview scheduled for 'some time during shrine week' so we may hear something soon.

Doesn't matter what you and I think (I think he's a bust and a huge turd).

It comes down to who want to take a chance of having a black mark on their career to be the OC of a team where an immature talentless douchebag is the heir apparent? That's a tough sell. Yes someone will be our OC, but i doubt it will be this front offices first second or even third choice. Just like with our head coach search, we'll be stuck with the left overs.

I agree with that. I touched on that in another thread. As Petine said, actions are what speak the loudest.

We'll see.

I was concerned that they might get Trestman & he's another of those 70% pass play guys. NO thanks.

A combination of DeFillippo And Cavanaugh would be fine with me. I just don't want one of these tired ol' farts (rhymes with Martz) that are MY age. Maybe in some type of consulting role, but not as coordinators.

Agree, Mike. Upon further review I grew to think Trestman was not the guy for us... but him paired with Flacco is a bit scary. That said, Martz, would be a worse choice.

No idea who will come our way to coach our WRs, but I hope Moeller sticks around for the OL and Montgomery for the RBs.

Another name that's come up is Anthony Lynn from the Jets. Apparently held in high regard, interviewed for their HC job (though maybe rooney rule?), been their RB coach for about 6 years and worked with Pettine when he was there. Interview scheduled for 'some time during shrine week' so we may hear something soon.

Not only RB coach, but also Assistant HC... which seems kind of an odd arrangement.

Trestman....I admit I was a little hopeful to get him as OC, but only for nostalgia's sake. He was a connection to the lost glory years of the 80's, so yeah...I wanted to see him come back. However...I can't be the only one here that remembers bitching constantly about his inept play calling back then, can I? Okay....he was young and inexperienced, but he sucked calling plays. I'm sure he improved over the years, but back then I couldn't wait to see him leave.

Archived