THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns interviewed Mike Martz for OC

WalterWhite

Browns logic for too long (why not?)..Weedon might be 28 years but why not? We spend 100 grand on a report on the best qb to pick in the draft (which did not recommend Manziel) but Manziel texted and said he wants to wreck this league so why not? I am expecting Haslam, Farmer, and Pettine to do much better. I think they have and will but the one error they made with Manziel was huge.

I am expecting these guys to make wise decisions. We have suffered for too many years because of poor decisions. If they believe Martz is the guy based on some really good homework I am fine with that.

I like the idea of that O. That doesn't mean you still don't run the ball, and even beast mode it when necessary.

Hawkins could be a real beast in that O and think Manziell could thrive in that type of O.

Unfortunately so far we are experiencing coaching deja vu. I've said it before what is your pitch to hire a guy? Winning tradition? Job security? Elite QB? Again I'm going to get jumped on for being negative but what do the Browns have to offer?

50 free full body massage coupons from Love U long Time

I like the idea of that O. That doesn't mean you still don't run the ball, and even beast mode it when necessary.

Hawkins could be a real beast in that O and think Manziell could thrive in that type of O.

What in the word would make you think Manziel would thrive in that type of offense?

first off if you are going to hire an OC just because of manziel then it's a fail from the get go.

not signing trestman was huge as he was a head coach for a team that plays in similar weather conditions. he also got beat up so bad that i doubt if he;d even be thinking of knocking of pettine and becoming the HC.

martz on the other hand though...............is a scheming, all about me mother Fer. i called it about holmgren and i call it about martz. keep him the fuck away from my browns.

^ I might have agreed about Martz being all for him some years ago. I don't know that to be true today. He's been out of the league for 2-3 years now. He's had his day in the sun so to speak as a head coach. I think he could be perfectly fine filling out his days as a OC.

I do agree it would be a mistake to hire a OC to somehow fit manziell. Heck, we don't even know if he is going to be the QB at this point. All I am saying is Martz played his version of spread football. I think that would be well tailored to what Manziell did in college.

first off if you are going to hire an OC just because of manziel then it's a fail from the get go.

I don't see Martz as a "Manziel hire". Cannot recall him working with a "mobile" QB. What I do recall is him getting his QBs pummeled with slow-developing, pass designs that made QBs hold the ball.

Add that at heart he's a pass happy SOB whose teams were consistently top 5 in pass attempts and bottom 5 in run attempts, and there'd simply be no consistency of approach between HC and OC.

I just can't see it...

Archived