THE BROWNS BOARD

Belichick's Deflated Balls

Zombo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belichick has a tremondous record in the NFL but he will probably not be remembered for that but for cheating. I am all for his type of coaching to do whatever it takes to get an edge over the competition but you always have to draw the line at what is legal and ethical to win. I don't think the deflated ball thing is all that big of deal but now it just brings back up his spygate episode he got busted for. It is huge news and cementing his place in the NFL for cheating.

Butticheck just did his press conference on the matter !

This addresses it, but the video of his conference isn't out there yet, obviously.

He says he has his players practice with footballs as messed up as he can make em.

Slippery, etc etc etc, and if players complain, he makes them worse. Says he doesn't know

anything, but to talk to Tom Brady....

Kinda blamed the discrepancy on ...the weather. HAHAHA. Since they checked the balls

the Colts were using, and they were fine. Didn't know Butticheck had it in him to say more than

seven words in one minute.....

So, the Patriots are USED TO PLAYING WITH SCREWED UP FOOTBALLS.

So, deflating them gives them the advantage, eh? Maybe, putting WD40 on them when

the other team has the ball? lol

http://foxct.com/2015/01/22/amid-deflate-gate-scandal-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-will-speak-out-thursday/

The deflated Lombardi is damn funny... but funniest of all is that the balls were reinflated at halftime and went unaltered through the 2nd half which is when the runaway happened.

If it was cold air that deflated the footballs why was there one football out of the 12 that had the correct air pressure? That seems odd. Maybe that football was for the Pat's field goals?

FGs and punts use K-balls... completely separate pool of balls that are under the exclusive control of league officials at all games. They are not included in each teams 12.

Actually 13 of 24 balls were correct since none of the IND balls were out of the allowed range. Actually hard to understand since teams are not allowed to heat the balls on the sideline. The Vikes were warned about that this past season. There must be an elasticity factor inherent in the ball that comes into play. In other words volume is not constant in the pressure range being discussed. Anyway enough science here...

All I know is I have those freaking tire sensors on my truck and they drive me fecking CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....cause everytime it gets cold, my tire pressure drops and those damn alarms sound.....then I drive and the tires warm up and the alarms stop......then it gets cold, etc etc etc....

Anyhow....We all know those deflated balls had nothing to do with the win......

As an aside....I read yesterday that John Madden basically blamed Brady and let Belichuck off the hook....saying a "coach" wouldn't have any reason to have the balls altered and it would be more a function of the QB and his preferences.....so, maybe Brady is the cheater, not belichuck?

Seems to be what Bellichick said this AM, Mud.

Brady's presser has been moved up from tomorrow to today.

My guess... some "eager to please" team equipment employee took it upon himself to see that Brady got the pressure balls he mentioned in passing years ago that he liked.

All I know is I have those freaking tire sensors on my truck and they drive me fecking CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....cause everytime it gets cold, my tire pressure drops and those damn alarms sound.....then I drive and the tires warm up and the alarms stop......then it gets cold, etc etc etc....

Anyhow....We all know those deflated balls had nothing to do with the win......

As an aside....I read yesterday that John Madden basically blamed Brady and let Belichuck off the hook....saying a "coach" wouldn't have any reason to have the balls altered and it would be more a function of the QB and his preferences.....so, maybe Brady is the cheater, not belichuck?

Hmmm. My sister has those on her minivan but I've not heard her complain about this. Any way to adjust the tolerances?

If Brady likes them on the low side, and the cold lowered the PSI, seems plausible to me. What were the measured pressures again? Do we have this info?

Hmmm. My sister has those on her minivan but I've not heard her complain about this. Any way to adjust the tolerances?

If Brady likes them on the low side, and the cold lowered the PSI, seems plausible to me. What were the measured pressures again? Do we have this info?

Ha!....some do work better than others......I have a Ford Edge where they rarely go off, but my GMC truck is a nightmare(last one was too).....

I have no clue who or what caused the problem, though Im thinking it's closer to tours/maddens idea than the cold......

Otherwise, I just wanted to bitch about my tires sensors.....;)

I'm not buying that a couple psi off gave the patriots such a huge advantage. The patriots have absolutely dominated the colts over the last 4 meetings.

While I agree 100%, it's the fact they knowingly broke the rules that makes me so mad and now have a pattern of doing so. As I was telling a friend, it doesn't matter if steal a candy bar or a car, I still stole and broke the rules.

I think the big thing here to learn more about is if the rumors are true that the Colts were either tipped off by another team or noticed it themselves when they met in the regular season. Obviously there's no way to prove that now but it would create a pattern.

What's weird, is that the footballs were deflated, and Buttichick

admits he has his players using messed with balls.

Rule breaking is rule breaking, regardless of the lopsided score.

And, a few ravens have also complained about the Patriots deflating balls, too...

I heard both pressers and I for sure believe Belichick. The only thing about Brady's interview that struck me as odd was when he was asked something like millions of kids look up to you as a hero, are you a cheater? And he gave some answer other than hell no fuck you. Which is what I would have said to these gadflies.

WSS

buttichick is a control freak. messes with the footballs.

Brady likes footballs that are deflated a bit.

It doesn't have to be one of those suckwads to be cheating.

Saints Peyton gone a year by NFL standards for cheating and now a whole team of chowder heads cannot tell if a ball, that they had in there hands for years is deflated, Brady that was a insult to any fame you had. Ask any pro that handles his equipment in any sport.

I'm not buying that a couple psi off gave the patriots such a huge advantage. The patriots have absolutely dominated the colts over the last 4 meetings.

I don't think anyone is saying the Patriots wouldn't have won regardless- but someone thought they needed "a little bit extra" to make sure.

buttichick is a control freak. messes with the footballs.

As in makes his players practice with messed up footballs so the game balls are relatively easier to handle. Seems kinda brilliant to me.

Dude sees more angles than any other coach I can think of...

Oh, I never said he was stupid, he was just pompous asswipe when he was here in Cleveland.

And the team that practices with deflated, etc, balls.... can be used

to playing with them in a game...eh? If they was to sneak one into the game?

Butticheck modified his asswipeness to a lower level on his next job.

If he hadn't, Brady would have had his beautiful honeybabe slap

the s_)&*( out of him.....

Once I decide to stop joking around, and actually hold a grudge,

by golly, I ain't a goin to fumble it, not never, not no how ! :mad:

I don't think anyone is saying the Patriots wouldn't have won regardless- but someone thought they needed "a little bit extra" to make sure.

I agree before kickoff no one knew that the score was going to be so lopsided, they did know that it was going to rain and wanted a softer less slippery ball.

But why has the nfl not made a quicker attempt at figuring out who the culprit was. As of this morning 4.5 days after the game and no one has been interviewed by the NFL? The nfl can't seem to get anything right.

I agree before kickoff no one knew that the score was going to be so lopsided, they did know that it was going to rain and wanted a softer less slippery ball.

But why has the nfl not made a quicker attempt at figuring out who the culprit was. As of this morning 4.5 days after the game and no one has been interviewed by the NFL? The nfl can't seem to get anything right.

They don't want any rain on THE NFL's premier event- the Super Bowl.Can't po the sponsors. Look for a resolution the week after- just amazing.

If that's the case and let's say that new England wins and one of the players or coaches are found guilty the p.r. nightmare that will ensue will be way greater than roughing a few sponsors feathers in my opinion.

Public oppinion as of now wants answers and the NFL hasnt even done a 30 second presser let alone investigate.

What is crazy is seeing this deflated football story on national news which I have seen now more than once. There is way too much important news going on in the world for the evening news to spend time on this. Spygate which was a lot more serious offense than this never got this kind of coverage. Not saying they shouldn'tr cover the story or the league investigate it but the over kill coverage on these stories anymore is way out of balance. Probably be hearing about this right up to SB kickoff. And then there will be all the fans with the bicycle pump signs at the game. Oh well...it's the Patriots problem.

Archived