THE BROWNS BOARD

Belichick's Deflated Balls

Zombo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellicheat is a chump. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

At least they don't just rely on cheapshotting opponents in the face, helmet and knees to win.

At least the Patriots are intelligent in creating illegal ways to gain advantage...

They would have won vs the Colts, anyways. The Colts were undisciplined...very strange.

Come on. They crushed the Colts. This is BS.

This.

Colts didn't show up. Regardless of whether "deflated" balls hindered Luck's ability to throw or not, they let Blount rush for 148 and 3 TDs. That's all that has to be said.

I personally think it's the Colts refusing to admit they got their asses handed to them.

At some point, the NFL will recognize that Brady and Bellichick were the best ever at what they do.

No......Paul Brown and Otto Graham were the best ever at what they do.....if by "what they do" you mean "have a coach/QB combination that wins a lot".

Yea, BB and Brady have won more games together.....playing 15 years together vs. 10....and playing 16 game seasons vs 12. And BB and Brady have won more postseason games.....but when OG and PB played there was only one single postseason game played in the entire NFL season....with rare exceptions for ties.

And don't forget Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr......and Noll/Bradshaw.

In the team picture? absolutely. Convincingly the best ever....certainly not.

The crushed the Colts in every conceivable way. Luck is very good, but receivers like TY Hilton would be second stringers on any other team without him. That dude drops more than he catches, and if you don't play perfect football against the Pats, you lose..

Well, I would like to have TY Hilton.

Imagine what Brady could do with him.

It'll be interesting to t see what comes out of this, but the outcome had nothing to do with deflated balls. it had to do with being outclassed.

and wouldn't deflated balls create the same advantage for both teams?

Surprisingly, except for K balls, each team preps a pool of balls for its own use, i.e., rubs them down, breaks them in and inflates them. The teams' supplies are kept separate.

I can see an underinflated ball being easier to hold onto, but throwing one?

Also just heard there is range for inflation: 12.5 to 13.5 psig.

Surprisingly, except for K balls, each team preps a pool of balls for its own use, i.e., rubs them down, breaks them in and inflates them. The teams' supplies are kept separate.

Seriously?! That is ridiculous.

I can see an underinflated ball being easier to hold onto, but throwing one?

Also just heard there is range for inflation: 12.5 to 13.5 psig.

wow....didn't realize each team got it's own.....I would have expected a pool for the game.....

And Id also expect the refs to check em before the game too.....Id flag them for not checkin....

So then why are you slobbering all over their knobs?

What is your gay mission statement supposed to mean? How is this laughable feeble attempt to call them cheaters "slobbering on their knobs"? I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to a piece of shit like yourself but now I'm kind of interested.

A. Nobody is saying the balls deflating means the Colts might

have had a chance to win.

B. After spygate, etc..., if this is true, it means that Butt Belicheat

and co. loses some draft picks and/or gets fined. Again.

C. Cheating doesn't stop being cheating, simply because the Patriots

won big over a team that thinks that Trent Richardson was worth that # 1 pick.

D. Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care.

And Id also expect the refs to check em before the game too.....Id flag them for not checkin....

They do... all must be in the 12.5 to 13.5 psig range. Doesn't mean they can't be deflated a tad on the sideline.

Funny aside: One host on ESPN this AM referred to the refs "weighing the balls" to check that they are properly inflated.

people are just pissed belichick isn't with the browns anymore.

it's like the girlfriend you dumped goes on to become miss universe while you're stuck with lulu the kielbasa queen.

people still hating on modell, belichick and even brady (why? cuz they drafted him in the 6th round? cuz he played for mich? cuz he's got a gorgeous wife?).

i don't get it.

people are just pissed belichick isn't with the browns anymore.

it's like the girlfriend you dumped goes on to become miss universe while you're stuck with lulu the kielbasa queen.

people still hating on modell, belichick and even brady (why? cuz they drafted him in the 6th round? cuz he played for mich? cuz he's got a gorgeous wife?).

i don't get it.

No, it can be argued that BBs success has been the result of having Tom Brady. Honestly...if I were given a choice between which to take I would take Brady, not BB.

DQ Jackson was the first one to notice Belichick's shrunken balls:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/nfl-deflated-football-probe

That is about all DQ contributed to that game.......I was watching him.......you know there is a reason the Pats ran for over 200 yards in that game (and could only get like 14 vs. Baltimore): DQ Jackson did his typical disappearing act when it came to making tackles in the hole. Out of position, knocked on his ass, overplaying plays. An occasional stop, sure....but that's it.

and wouldn't deflated balls create the same advantage for both teams?

Not so Mud. ESPN posed the question to Aaron Rodgers. Apparently when you get to that level, quarterbacks do have a preference. Rodgers likes his on the high side of the range- strong grip, and has more trouble with mushy ones. Maybe Brady likes his on the mushy side- and Shades of Spygate- maybe Belicheat found out Luck likes footballs on the high side too- and was somehow feeding him mushballs? I wouldn't put it past him.

Now I agree the Pats dominated the Colts so badly it wouldn't have mattered much if New England had been using rugby balls.

They do... all must be in the 12.5 to 13.5 psig range. Doesn't mean they can't be deflated a tad on the sideline.

Funny aside: One host on ESPN this AM referred to the refs "weighing the balls" to check that they are properly inflated.

Nope, there's also an allowable weight range. Better x-ray those Super Bowl kicking balls to make sure Bellicheat doesn't put some lead in the ones Haluska is using. :)

Archived