THE BROWNS BOARD

Doug Marrone

DawgsRule90

I think the Browns should look at this guy for OC. He improved the Bills and was able to do it with Kyle Orton. And he seems to be the perfectly unstable kind of person that fits this Browns organization. Plus he's the only one to see Johnny do anything on a football field in the NFL.

He gave up his Bills gig believing, I think, that he was a shoe-in to get the Jets job. That didn't work out. Now he may be SOL......the only openings left are Atlanta and Denver. ATL wants Dan Quin I think. Denver certainly does not seem likely for him....they may hire Gase.

So, if he wants to stay in the NFL....he will have to take an asst. coach gig.

What is his background? Is he an offensive guy? I didn't think he was.

If no NFL gig, he could go back to college. He came from Syracuse, no?

Buffalo University needs a new coach.....he can stay in his same home.

(What other colleges are still looking for an HC?).

Marrone probably committed NFL suicide......second guessed his GM, tried to leverage his team and quit.....I wouldn't want him on the Browns in any capacity....ever

Id be surprised to see any GM take a chance by hiring him this year.....but we shall see...

Marrone probably committed NFL suicide......second guessed his GM, tried to leverage his team and quit.....I wouldn't want him on the Browns in any capacity....ever

Id be surprised to see any GM take a chance by hiring him this year.....but we shall see...

Yea, like I said, back to college for him.

Doug Moron.

Funny thing is, he is the second Bills coach in a decade to walk away, the other, Mike Mularkey, didn't get another HC job for seven years, then he got fired after one 2-14 season in Jacksonville.

The grass isn't always greener...

Zombo

Yeah... Like him or not, I wouldn't be making those encompassing statements about Rex, or his old man from a Browns standpoint..

NE fans..GB fans..Pitts fans.. Balt fans...maybe.

This may be the smartest/best head coach to ever wear the Browns colors..

Think about it.

What??? Browns fans cant make statements but NE, GB and Pitts fans can? Why? Do you think fans of good teams know more than fans of bad teams? Or do they get some special rights because their team won more games? Thats one fucked up comment you made there.

And I think it's odd how you previously said Rex was a quarterback killer and, when he was mentioned as a candidate for Buff. you said god help us. But, NOW, he's all of a sudden something special.

Hahaha. He isn;t on any teams list of coaches called "smartest/best coach". Let alone the Browns smartest or best. That statement alone removes every drop of credibility you ever had.

I actually thought Rex was kind of funny there in that photo poking fun at his brother when the Jets played the Browns when Rob was our defensive coordinator.

Seriously I don't think the Bills made a bad decision with Rex (and Greg Roman as OC) but he will find himself in a similar situation he had with the Jets without a quarterback.

The Bills have serious talent, they were the #1D for good reason.. Jets don't have NFL level talent except at DL because the GM was incompetent. Rex will do fine.

i know there's a couple of guys on the OL for the jets i wouldn't mind seeing in the orange and brown. one played for the national champions.

I think you and tour just like to fight like little children in a sandbox.

Before you start throwing stones at me, or making me the bad guy, maybe start looking at your own HC's over the years before picking up your handful of rocks.

Ironically, your guy is part of the Rex tree, and made him into who he is today....duh..

Please... talking personalities here... Rex's vs. Pet's...

Do you really want to make the case that there is even a contest there?

As for children... look who had to resort to personal stuff for the child.

That would be you...

"You" are talking personalities. I'm talking facts.

What the fuck do you care who coaches my team, right?

Hypocrite extrordinaire. You just want to fight....like a child.

I do love a good "argument"... I will give you that. Let me know if you are ever up for one... maybe on a topic where we actually disagree.

Im guessing it's going to be Frank Reich for the Bills. They have to pick someone who has an offensive brain that knows more than three offensive plays, and will leave Schwartz alone and let him do his thing. Someone who gets along with everyone, and has won everywhere he has gone. 180 degrees from Marrone if you will.

Now, Rex Ryan is making the rumor mill. God help us...

None of which has anything to do with Rex and the Bills. Deflect much?

Nowhere did I ever disparage your view. Just explained mine. Sorry that my disagreeing irks you, but that's your issue.

As for ignore... I will never reply to a single post you make in a Bills Forum. You'll just have to settle for that.

Jacksonville just hired their version of an infectious virus. They are fucked.

Too bad, I was hoping to see Bortles develop without a major injury.

Maybe as just an OL coach (not even OC) his ego will be slightly deflated.

His problem is that he is a demeaning, nasty, name calling asshole towards those around him and those players he coaches.

The more he coached our offensive line, the worse they got.

Safe to say that they all hated him.

I never cared for that kind of discipline. the only thing I can relate it to were some high school football coaches I had years ago and when I was in the military. I have always thought that kind of demeaning discipline is counter productive.

I never cared for that kind of discipline. the only thing I can relate it to were some high school football coaches I had years ago and when I was in the military. I have always thought that kind of demeaning discipline is counter productive.

i remember getting called out personally in front of the whole company while in the army, trying to break me down. i did whatever D.S.simon asked of me always calling me 'lynrd skynrd' 'hippie freak' "wipe that smile from your face!" type shit while laughing as loud as i could from the inside. meanwhile after getting dogged by this guy for 6 months changed my life, in a positive way. now i some them do it to other people who weren't as strong mentally and they became turnips...........so, i don't think that type of discipline would work at the st/ francis school for willy waggelers but in the bronx and harlem it'd be exactly what they need.

Look in the mirror much?

Point is, worry about getting your own shit straight before becoming judge...

Un-fucking-believable...

i remember getting called out personally in front of the whole company while in the army, trying to break me down. i did whatever D.S.simon asked of me always calling me 'lynrd skynrd' 'hippie freak' "wipe that smile from your face!" type shit while laughing as loud as i could from the inside. meanwhile after getting dogged by this guy for 6 months changed my life, in a positive way. now i some them do it to other people who weren't as strong mentally and they became turnips...........so, i don't think that type of discipline would work at the st/ francis school for willy waggelers but in the bronx and harlem it'd be exactly what they need.

I always tried to stay anonymous in boot camp as I knew once they singled you out they made life hell for you. I was warned going in never to volunteer for anything which came in handy once when they asked if anyone knew how to drive a truck and I almost volunteered and the guy who dd volunteer instead of driving a truck they had a push lawnmower waiting on him and he mowed grass all day on our day off.

I always tried to stay anonymous in boot camp as I knew once they singled you out they made life hell for you. I was warned going in never to volunteer for anything which came in handy once when they asked if anyone knew how to drive a truck and I almost volunteered and the guy who dd volunteer instead of driving a truck they had a push lawnmower waiting on him and he mowed grass all day on our day off.

in my boot camp tenure you didn't have to volunteer for anything. they found a way to persecute you with blind faith.

got dragged out onto the service entrance only to be greeted by SGT> Simon and my whole co., standing at attention. then some berating schmiggle about how i didn't line up my foot gear properly to the bunk i was sleeping in and now because of that, everyone in my company has to do 50 pushups.

everyone loved me.

Archived