THE BROWNS BOARD

Uniform update

WalterWhite

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it time for me to jump in yet and call you all homos, and have all of you yell at me for doing that?

BTW, I talked in person to a Browns VP who has seen the new Unis, he is confident that everyone is going to love them, old and young. We'll see.

All I know is I'm going to miss these threads after the new Unis are out and debated ... it always helped me identify the homos in the group.

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Depending on the supposed "leak" they will NOT be having Browns jerseys.

They will have an orange, grey, and white jersey but no Brown.

They will have orange, grey, and brown pants however.

(Once again, that's if "the leak" is true)

Whoever leaked that is completely full of shit.

I'll tend to agree with Zombo- they're not going to mess with tradition too much. This is the Cleveland BROWNS, not the Cleveland GREYS.

Hey- maybe let's use the Steelers prison stripe unis- except make them "rainbow" for the uniform fags.

sure am glad I got my Nike Elite before Nike turned it into some Denver Donkey-like abomination.

It's not.

Zombo

I agree. It's pure guess. I think enough has been said that their will probably be a grey as some sort of alternate, but other than that, we will just have to wait a few months to find out.

Then you've failed history. The 80s Browns with Kosar were pretty decent. Tampa changed their uniforms again this past year- and it didn't do them a damn bit of good. The player wearing the uniform is way more important.

Of course the players are more important, BUT there is a reason companies change their branding and logos from time-to-time. It is to breathe new life into their organization and remain relevant, which are things this organization need more than ever.

I don't think a uniform change is going to put us in the Super Bowl, but I just think it's time we did something.

BTW - The 80s Browns being "decent" does not live up to the history of the Packers' uniform... 4 Super Bowls, including the first 2 ever played, and a record 13 World Championships... I think that's a little better history than a couple "decent" years...

I'll tend to agree with Zombo- they're not going to mess with tradition too much. This is the Cleveland BROWNS, not the Cleveland GREYS.

Hey- maybe let's use the Steelers prison stripe unis- except make them "rainbow" for the uniform fags.

sure am glad I got my Nike Elite before Nike turned it into some Denver Donkey-like abomination.

Me too.. I got a Brown,Browns Jersey with My last name embroided and Clay Mathews Sr's # for Christmas.. I was stoked to say the least.

Let's not forget the packers changed uniforms at some point. In fact I think we're the only team in the league without a throwback uniform

packers-throwbacks.jpg

Yes they did... once in 1950... only 4 years after the inception of the Browns... We're talking when the facemask first cam about and the first TV deal was done with pro football...Their "throwback" unform is "based" off the uniform they wore in the late 30's and 40's, not exacly the same.

The Browns' "throwback" should have a solid white helmet, as they originally started wearing the orange helmets only during night games beginning in the 50's. We also have an old helmet that had a single browns stripe with brown numbers on each side. Our original uniforms were all white, with a brown-with orange outline- numbers and were the only two-tone numbers on jerseys at the time... So, technically we "could" have a throwback jersey if we wore plain white helmets for a game...

Yes they did... once in 1950... only 4 years after the inception of the Browns... We're talking when the facemask first cam about and the first TV deal was done with pro football...Their "throwback" unform is "based" off the uniform they wore in the late 30's and 40's, not exacly the same.

The Browns' "throwback" should have a solid white helmet, as they originally started wearing the orange helmets only during night games beginning in the 50's. We also have an old helmet that had a single browns stripe with brown numbers on each side. Our original uniforms were all white, with a brown-with orange outline- numbers and were the only two-tone numbers on jerseys at the time... So, technically we "could" have a throwback jersey if we wore plain white helmets for a game...

No shit? They're not the same uniforms the packers of 1939 wore?

Next you'll tell me that the steelers bumblebee get up isn't the exact same as they wore back in nineteen dickety-doo.

Archived