THE BROWNS BOARD

New Nike Uniforms

OK, sure. If in fact you purchase a jersey worn in a game, then I would expect it to be more. That is in effect a piece of "Memorabilia" rather than just an apparell purchase.

I would think that a game worn jersey of Otto Graham's from the 40s/50s would bring quite a bit more than $140.00

Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

Here's a link to see what Cribbs looks like in our new Unis!

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8280d850#id:09000d5d8280d94b

No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

Yes, I suppose I confused Gip. The correct terms are "replica" and "authentic". The "authentics" are identical to what an NFL player actually wears when he goes out on the field, the replicas aren't. Differences? Different materials, the authentics are cut for shoulder pads, (usually- a few teams silk screen) have sewn on letter & numbers as opposed to iron-on for the replicas, and have elastic grippers at the arm holes. Now if you have an "authentic" that was actually worn in a game and autographed by said player- depending on who it was- it could be worth a a lot- a real lot- as memorabilia. I'm sure there would be a few Steeler fans that would shell out as much as necessary if Ben R. autographed the jersey worn when he won the SB, and put it up for sale on e-Bay. :)

Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

You had better be careful if the stuff isn't NFL licensed. Big Brother Goodell and his posse take a dim view of counterfeit merchandise.

Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

wow...

i bet youre proud too....

That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

You know how happy that would make me if we did that next year?

I'll go make a custom jersey with Robinson and 16 on the back. I think they're like $185 and it would be completely worth it.

No change is good change, we should stay completely traditional until after we have won a superbowl and then perhaps modernize with the swirly neon shit like every other team in the league..

There is nothing ugly about our colors or uniform it is what it is and i cant wait until this team actually plays like former teams that have worn these colors before them..

I wasn't really joking. I guess I don't know enough about this apparell market to know what I don't know. But what I am gathering is that you have the following:

A. A jersey, which is just a big pullover shirt basically for sale to yabos that have nothing better to do with their money

B. A gameday jersey, which is cut differently...to match those worn by players, but which was never actually worn by a player

C. A Gameworn Jersey, which is a jersey that was actually worn by a player in a real NFL game.

Is that how it goes?

Question: Do the player recycle the jerseys they wear in games or do they get a new jersey for every game? What are done with the ones that are worn when they are no longer used in a games? Do the players get to keep them? Does the team demand them back for sale on the Memorabilia market in order to make money from them?

Anyone know?

You know how happy that would make me if we did that next year?

I'll go make a custom jersey with Robinson and 16 on the back. I think they're like $185 and it would be completely worth it.

Why do you think Cribbs would give up his number? If that were to happen, Robinson would have to change numbers. He could go to just #6.

No change is good change, we should stay completely traditional until after we have won a superbowl and then perhaps modernize with the swirly neon shit like every other team in the league..

There is nothing ugly about our colors or uniform it is what it is and i cant wait until this team actually plays like former teams that have worn these colors before them..

There is nothing about the uniforms that the team winning wouldn't solve.

Great, help the Chinese companies make money who use child labor to make the shirts. Very Collegiate of you.

So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

Who said don't buy anything from overseas? Just checked- my NFL licensed replica jersey was made in Korea. Have a nice Nalini team cycling jacket from Italy. Heck, Nike's "real" stuff is made in either Malaysia, Sri Lanka, or wherever they can pay people 10 cents an hour to make it.

The counterfeit clothes industry is big business- and it's not limited to NFL merchandise. I'm not saying don't buy it, if it's not against your conscience, but I wouldn't- just to save a few bucks.

Who said don't buy anything from overseas? Just checked- my NFL licensed replica jersey was made in Korea. Have a nice Nalini team cycling jacket from Italy. Heck, Nike's "real" stuff is made in either Malaysia, Sri Lanka, or wherever they can pay people 10 cents an hour to make it.

The counterfeit clothes industry is big business- and it's not limited to NFL merchandise. I'm not saying don't buy it, if it's not against your conscience, but I wouldn't- just to save a few bucks.

Honestly I'd rather spend my money on a knock off jersey knowing its going to a college kid who more then likely needs the money instead of a multi-billion dollar corporation which is able to jack up the price due to them being the sole provider, especially when they both are using the same basic business model. Throw in that the consumer is saving money by buying the knock off and its a win-win in my book. Its not like Nike or the NFL is going to go bankrupt because of it. Don't get me wrong I get where you're coming from but I personally don't feel compelled to help out the big guy over the small guy, especially when their ethical business practices are on the same level. Just my opinion.

We're losing right now 54 to 46%... Let's go Brownies!

On a side note about the new uniforms... The GreenBay Packers have rejected the new uniform designs from Nike. Not only that but they have also opted to pass on having the new tech uniforms altogether. They will use the same uniforms as they have in seasons past...

Why are they doing this? Aren't the new uniforms supposed to be lighter, allow more range of movement and other advantages?

On a side note about the new uniforms... The GreenBay Packers have rejected the new uniform designs from Nike. Not only that but they have also opted to pass on having the new tech uniforms altogether. They will use the same uniforms as they have in seasons past...

Why are they doing this? Aren't the new uniforms supposed to be lighter, allow more range of movement and other advantages?

Well considering the success they've had the past few years there's no point in fixing something that ain't broke.

I like the idea of Brown cleats and Brown gloves. Gonna look cool.

Joe Haden unveils Browns uniform

By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

Posted Apr 3, 2012

aaBROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Browns defensive back Joe Haden was the team's representative at the Nike Uniform Unveil Tuesday morning at Steiner Studios.

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Change can be a good thing and that is exactly what Joe Haden saw when he walked into Steiner Studios in Brooklyn, N.Y. on Tuesday morning.

Haden, a third-year defensive back, served as the Browns’ representative for the Nike NFL Uniform Launch, along with players from each of the other 31 teams in the league. Nike unveiled its new designs and innovations for the uniforms that will be worn this fall.

“I like them a whole lot,” Haden said. “I like the way they didn’t really change our look up too much. They just changed the way it fits, the way it feels on us and the thing I like about it most, besides the fit and the feel of it, is we have brown cleats now. Normally, we had black with the orange, but Nike brought out the brown cleats and then, they got us brown gloves also.”

The new uniform remained the same in terms of color scheme, with the familiar brown jersey, white numbers, “Browns” stitched into the chest, and orange and white pattern on the sleeves. Haden wore white pants with the brown jersey, as well as brown gloves with the helmet printed on the palms. The two gloves make a complete logo when a player puts his hands in a diamond shape.

Although the look did not change, Haden said the design of the jerseys for the 2012 season was “definitely” better than those he wore in his first two NFL seasons.

“They feel better and the other thing about it is, these are like the jerseys I used to wear in Florida,” Haden said. “They don’t hold sweat in and they have a whole lot more holes in them so they keep you a whole lot cooler.”

He added, “Look, be cool and just the way it fits on you, being able to lift your arms without holding you down on the sides. They have a whole lot of stretch material to it, so it helps you out.”

Although he was an All-American at the University of Florida, a top ten draft pick in 2010 and a developing shutdown corner, Haden was flattered by the opportunity to represent the Browns at the unveiling.

“It feels amazing because there are 32 teams and then, they pick one player from each team,” Haden said. “It was an honor for me to be able to come out here and just being able to hang out with the other players. That’s one of the biggest things. It’s great for the jersey and everything, but just to be able to be back there, chill with the people, talk to them, hang out with them, people that you don’t really get to see all the time because you might be in a different conference, I took it in and realized everybody is a cool person.”

dsc01788.jpg?w=261

I like the idea of Brown cleats and Brown gloves. Gonna look cool.

Joe Haden unveils Browns uniform

By Matt Florjancic, ClevelandBrowns.com Staff Writer

Posted Apr 3, 2012

aaBROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Browns defensive back Joe Haden was the team's representative at the Nike Uniform Unveil Tuesday morning at Steiner Studios.

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Change can be a good thing and that is exactly what Joe Haden saw when he walked into Steiner Studios in Brooklyn, N.Y. on Tuesday morning.

Haden, a third-year defensive back, served as the Browns’ representative for the Nike NFL Uniform Launch, along with players from each of the other 31 teams in the league. Nike unveiled its new designs and innovations for the uniforms that will be worn this fall.

“I like them a whole lot,” Haden said. “I like the way they didn’t really change our look up too much. They just changed the way it fits, the way it feels on us and the thing I like about it most, besides the fit and the feel of it, is we have brown cleats now. Normally, we had black with the orange, but Nike brought out the brown cleats and then, they got us brown gloves also.”

The new uniform remained the same in terms of color scheme, with the familiar brown jersey, white numbers, “Browns” stitched into the chest, and orange and white pattern on the sleeves. Haden wore white pants with the brown jersey, as well as brown gloves with the helmet printed on the palms. The two gloves make a complete logo when a player puts his hands in a diamond shape.

Although the look did not change, Haden said the design of the jerseys for the 2012 season was “definitely” better than those he wore in his first two NFL seasons.

“They feel better and the other thing about it is, these are like the jerseys I used to wear in Florida,” Haden said. “They don’t hold sweat in and they have a whole lot more holes in them so they keep you a whole lot cooler.”

He added, “Look, be cool and just the way it fits on you, being able to lift your arms without holding you down on the sides. They have a whole lot of stretch material to it, so it helps you out.”

Although he was an All-American at the University of Florida, a top ten draft pick in 2010 and a developing shutdown corner, Haden was flattered by the opportunity to represent the Browns at the unveiling.

“It feels amazing because there are 32 teams and then, they pick one player from each team,” Haden said. “It was an honor for me to be able to come out here and just being able to hang out with the other players. That’s one of the biggest things. It’s great for the jersey and everything, but just to be able to be back there, chill with the people, talk to them, hang out with them, people that you don’t really get to see all the time because you might be in a different conference, I took it in and realized everybody is a cool person.”

dsc01788.jpg?w=261

Maybe the lack of stretchy fabric was why we had so many drops last year. I hope that's the only reason.

Yo, those new gloves are supposed to have a really tacky material on them that works in all weather conditions... I hope they help to solve all those drops as well...

Just one comment- the "all white" look really scared opposing teams last year. Let's can that idea. I've always liked the Brown uniforms at home.

The only way we are going to see Brown at home this season is if fans actually organize a bit and tell the FO we don't want white at home. Until it stops being the random fan voicing his displeasure and it becomes something that Holmgren can see as a majority of fans he isn't going to change shit and no team in the NFL is going to jump on board with the white at home thing and we are going to have an all white season again.

Archived