THE BROWNS BOARD

Slauson also released

cambridgeho

No need. He's 30

Umm, when is 30 old for a lineman. Maybe a RB, but not a lineman. Look we need Vets on the line. He could start at center right away or RG. He was on a team that runs a lot and those runners were productive, even when the rookie came in. 3 year deal is worth it for this guy.

I don't think you've following this front office very closely, my friend.

No this is a move that I think they would make. He was relesed to save them 2 million. He started all 16 game this year. Was rated the 18th best guard in the league, and only allowed 1 sack all year. How do you not get this guy and let him play for 3-5 years? Develope what we have to replace him. We have a lot of salary to get him at 3-4 mil a year for 5 years, and that a bargin.

What indication do you have that this is a move they would make? The fact that we've gotten rid of almost every player over 30?

You don't sign this guy because he won't be around once we're good and then you will have just taken 3-5 years worth of reps away from a guy that will be here.

You are right, we do not need any more o line help. the draft picks and what we have on the roster are ok after losing a few starters, one a pro bowler. You want to see RG3 succeed, you make this move.

When Slauson retires the young guys can step in younger AND wiser for him being here,also see JT

16. Chicago Bears (15th)

Pass-blocking rank: 17th

Run-blocking rank: 5th

Penalties rank: 20th

Stud: Since arriving from New York, Matt Slauson has been everything and more than the Bears could have hoped for. Even when they asked him to move to center, he still delivered.

pro football focus rankings of oline. The browns were 5th. talking up Thomas and Mack and Swartz, our dud was Cam. not surprising. Another website praised Greko, so there is that. We cant have all rookies playing and getting the fuck beat out of them, they have to develope. These vets are there to make that happen. Here is to hoping you are right and he can develope.

I'm not saying he's not good and wouldn't improve our team NOW. PFF had him as the 5th best center in the league last year. Far better than Mack.

You know who else would improve our team now? Donte Whitner, Karlos Dansby, Tashaun Gipson, Mitchell Schwartz, etc. But alas, they're gone. Because we don't care about being good now.

I'm not saying he's not good and wouldn't improve our team NOW. PFF had him as the 5th best center in the league last year. Far better than Mack.

You know who else would improve our team now? Donte Whitner, Karlos Dansby, Tashaun Gipson, Mitchell Schwartz, etc. But alas, they're gone. Because we don't care about being good now.

each individual has a different senario with a same result. Gipson and Schwartz felt they were fucked over and took money on teams that may have over paid. Dansby is old at the lb pos at 34. Whitner was on a short deal with the club. You can replace his production, probably not leadership though. However, if you were going on the age thing, JT would be gone in this draft, and he is still here. You need experience protecting your QB and blocking for yoru rb. Matt will provide the gap until we are set in all the other positions. Also, adding him, I think shortens the gap at the online postion for years to come. Guards can play until they are like 37 years old.

and regarding the above players that left, where did they leave us? with the 2nd pick in the draft.

Good player...

$2.8mm... cheap for a starter, not so cheap for a backup, but not bad.

If you believe in Erving, then you do not sign Slauson. Seems to me a great reason to sign him...

Archived