THE BROWNS BOARD

Famed Scouting Reports

joedawg69

Personally, I have my own opinion on this topic that comes to about 50/50 chance; but, over the last 10 drafts, how many of the projected prospects in the first two rounds have actually become stars or at the least quality players and how many have become busts. Keep in mind, not the actual picks in the draft but the top 100 prospects from the last ten years. Many of us get upset when our favorites are not picked from the limelight; so, I was just wondering how many of them actually were worth all the attention and heartbreak.

When rebuilding a team it's important to set yourself up for the next few years in the draft. This is exactly what they did. The Ray Farmer/Pettine Drafts are the reason for the rebuild. Nothing to show for 4 first round picks, no wide receivers and a drunken first round Quarterback are now in the past!

I believe Cleveland is going in the right direction ala Seattle. Giving Hue Jackson players and time to develop them in HIS system. This is more than I expected when they hired Hue.

I was bitching about the draft but I always do. But I won't criticize Hue and the FO for going in a new direction. The next couple of years they should have positive results and a competitive NFL caliber team. Rebuilding is never fun for the fans but at least they hired a Coach who can pull this off.

Go Browns

Archived