THE BROWNS BOARD

show your thumbs

LBC mike

Thumbs up

They have an idea of the type of player and character they want, upside is clearly there and have put trust in their coaches to make it happen.

A boatload of picks remain for next year, this will be a much better football team in a few years.

Overall, we addressed a lot of needs. To me, the only pick that was kinda a head scratcher was the Kessler pick, but if Hue says you have to trust me, the by god I will give it a try. I love that we actually drafted wr's, going to make them compete. Favorite pick has to be Scooby! If he pans out and balls out, I can just hear the Stadium for years to comechanting SCOOB, one of those sounds like Boo's, but we know what it means. With drafting 14 players and picking up a sericeable cb in the 7th via trade and also collecting essentially enough picks to have 2 draft in the 1st 3 rounds. I think the FO did a hell of a job, I will give them an "A" or thumbs up for now. Like always though, time will tell if they were right. It dont really matter though, I will root for these mother fuckers until the day I die!!!

It's a strange draft, but they seem to have a cohesive strategy and I like that.

Should be a fun season depending on how many of these guys we get to see. Not a winning year, but one that we should hopefully get to witness some real progress and the direction our management wants to go.

I'm happy overall.

2 thumbs up. 1 to the FO & 1 to all our Draftee. Both come with a finger in the middle that surely I will be using at some point for the others B)

Two needs addressed I wanted most, WR, though that was a-z quality, and pressure on the QB where I think we got two good ones.

So for a first year of a 5 year process I'm fine with it overall.

UP for now. We'll see how it pans out soon.

My only complaint is today- we should have drafted both picks on our board, not traded to Oakland.

Absolutely a Thumbs up^ And got me some

SCOOBY!!! ROT ROO RAGGY... REE HEEE HEEE.

Way to Browns ya did Good!

I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!

we should have drafted both picks on our board, not traded to Oakland.

nor Carolina, look at the names we passed in round 3 before Kessler. But, getting down was the best move for a Kessler pick..

Thumbs up.

At this point I'm going to trust the front office and coaching staff. That's really all you can do at this point. This was totally their draft, so the long term results will speak directly about them. I like the defensive beef secured early on. The plethora of wide outs selected is indicative of the dearth of roster talent at the position, and I'm glad they addressed it. I like the "character" of the players selected - it speaks to the attitude change that the front office is trying to impress upon the organization. This is not a one-year fix, and this draft indicates that the front office understands that, and they have attempted to take the appropriate actions toward that end. I hope the rest of the Browns faithful recognize that this process of undertaking an organizational mindset change (which has, and will continue to, result in current players kicked to the curb that don't get with the program) is not a short one, and will take several seasons to bear positive results. When the Browns make the playoffs we can all look back and point to this draft as the first step that the organization took toward success.

I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!

I'll give you a Learner than f* with a Farmer.. You can't fix fuc*ed, till you throw enough at it. next, maybe they hand you the phone with the truth coming out of it..

I'll give you a Learner than f* with a Farmer.. You can't fix fuc*ed, till you throw enough at it. next, maybe they hand you the phone with the truth coming out of it..

Haven't been on the phone all day except this morning when I called my mama.

Ask me in January

I'm with you there, or January of 2018 to see how those stockpiled picks pan out.

UP for now. We'll see how it pans out soon.

My only complaint is today- we should have drafted both picks on our board, not traded to Oakland.

Anything to screw the Cowboys- who apparently wanted Cook.

Sideways leaning towards up.

My feeling too. Depends on how Wentz turns out, as well as our picks. I did like our risk averse no injury or character risks.

would have rather seen Cardale Jones than whasisname from USC. If we're talking about upside and potential and "coaching up".

Yeah that's an exception to the draft in this strategy. I was listening to an analytics guy on the radio who said the stat that most correlates to NFL success for a draftee is completion percentage and he was at nearly 70% in 2014. So I am guessing this pick was driven by analytics.

I've always been a glass is half full type of guy when it comes to the Browns draft.

With that said, I give it a thumbs up but the QB pick I really don't get.

Go Browns!

I give the front office a thumbs up on working together. The staff generally, all seemed happy with the picks (unlike the last 4 to 6 years). Now, the picks themselves; I will wait and see what comes of them. Let's not forget that this was not a heavy 1st round talent talent draft to begin with compared to past drafts (at least prediction wise). Let's just see what we got before we go crazy either way bad or good.

Sideways leaning towards up.

Ditto...

• Four players I just do not know: Kessler, Louis, Kindred and Caldwell.
  • Two I liked quite a bit: S. Coleman and Schobert.
  • Four I liked a little: Ogbah, Higgins, Peyton and C. Coleman.
  • Two I did not really care for: Drango and Wright (sorry Scoobie lovers...).
  • And two I am now intrigued by: Nassib and Devalve.

Thats's 14.... pot's right...

Still developing my Nassib crush, but if I had to pick one pick that I think will really surprise us in a good way, it's Devalve. As I've mentioned he jumped out when I was reviewing a Cole Toner cut-down. I just never followed through on a TE sized guy who was playing WR.

BLEACHER REPORT GRADES

COLEMAN WR B+

OGBAH DE A+

NASSIB DE A-

COLEMAN OT A-

KESSLER QB B

SCHOBERT LB B+

LOUIS WR C-

KINDRED S C+

DEVALVE TE D-

PAYTON WR A

DRANGO OG B+