THE BROWNS BOARD

Lifelong USC fan, now Browns fan

CALTroj123

Cody Kessler is a great QB, I'm telling you you guys got a STEAL. He will lead you guys to a winning franchise, you guys finally found your qb

welcome to the Browns Board CALTroj123. it's a great place to discuss the Browns...even if many of us are pretty jaded. i am sure you can imagine why, having been through many decades of heartache and letdowns. so i apologize for my peers, but we have seen posts like these many, many times before...even sometimes by one of our own just trolling, hence the unfair accusations re: ghoolie.

regardless, WELCOME ABOARD! not to dissuade you posting here at all but a disclaimer could be helpful to transplant fans who are unfamiliar with this place: hope you have some thick bark cuz it doesn't matter who you are, if you say something challengeable here expect to hear about it...and it's usually not treated with kid gloves.

so, consider this thread your "shot across the bow". if you are the sensitive type and want some solid advice, lurking for a while (a few months) usually pays dividends in the long run. personally i lurked off and on for well over 6 months before i made a single post here and i can take it even better than i can dish it, and i can be quite a dickhead myself. so take this fwiw and enjoy yourself here, all that considered this place is outstanding and honestly punching pussies in their mouths actually makes for a better board, at least in my opinion. not to speak for everyone but it's easy to lose sight of common consideration to newbies after all the abuse Browns fans seem to constantly endure.

what are your thoughts about Cody's arm strength? from what i saw pundits unanimously agree it is a concern in Cleveland, saying he is more suited to a dome team (which won't save you on the road or in the playoffs/SuperBall anyway).

i like the accuracy component but do his throws have the velocity to cut through with the wind coming off Lake Erie and the drizzle in the fall and snow in the winter? what are your honest thoughts here?

I have been a browns fan since going to Case Western in the early 80's when Sipe was there. I've lurked here for a couple years. I also happen to be from Kessler's home town. Watched him as well as the two Carrs play since High school. I hope we don't get a lot of new So Cal Browns fans like we did from Texas. As a So Cal resident and long time Browns fan, sorry if we do. But, I will say this, Kessler was reach and he is no Derek Carr. Backup at best.

And, no bitching from Ghoulie on this draft. We took play makers, not fat ass linemen.

i appreciate the insight. i am hopeful but being realistic as well.

i don't mind new fans as long as they are realistic too. Texas breeds football diehards, not just Johnny fans. can't speak for the Board but Browns fans are always welcome to sit at my table. unfair to punish all of Texas over JTMZ...just sayin.

nice to meet you, see you around.

No, Opal wants a big armed QB like DA or Weeden........... Yea, that's the stuff she wants.

i believe she liked Paxton Lynch, and hoped he'd go anywhere but Denver. when he did i sort of smiled.

i hate the Broncos as well but absolutely love Colorado, fwiw. i will be watching PL's career with interest.

10 7/8"

You just can't teach hand size!

that's true. and if you aren't accurate by the draft, you probably never will be. also, Tom Brady's arm strength today is not at all what it was at Michigan.

so he can't throw a 70 yard home run but he can fit it in super tight windows, find the open man, and throw them open? sounds like with Corey Coleman's separation Coach Hue's team is gonna be moving some chains in the future.

photo-thumb-80.jpg?_r=1459772483 Posted by DieHardBrownsFan on Yesterday, 01:07 PM in THE BROWNS BOARD

Soon a 'CALTroj123' will show up from USC and tell us the truth about the greatness of Kessler.

I posed this at 1:07PM and the new guy shows up at: 4:16 PM.

seriously? if so, they totally got me. **props lmao**

You guys can stop acting like A&M is the only school that does this now....

Ah, but no one did it like the Aggies did... both in volume and ferocity...

Add that right now the genuine, Kessler-fan influx over/under is at "1" and at best it's looking like a "push"...

Id take Griese in his prime anytime!

Honestly not sure how well he'd translate to today's NFL...

What our newest member needs to understand there's a ton of Ohio State fans who frequent this forum- and are kinda POed the Browns took Kessler instead of Cardale Jones...

Kessler >> Jones...

Ah, but no one did it like the Aggies did... both in volume and ferocity...

Add that right now the genuine, Kessler-fan influx over/under is at "1" and at best it's looking like a "push"...

Kessler >> Jones...

Remains to be seen Tour. nfl.com had them rated equally.

I'd imagine there are buckeyes fans jerking off in Buffalo today.

You imagine what you want to... I'll imagine what I want to...

Remains to be seen Tour. nfl.com had them rated equally.

Obviously, h... just placing a bet on the semblance of a football mind over a physical specimen.

Archived