THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 3 thread

LondonBrown

Browns have eight picks today but on what we've seen so far that could turn out to be more...

#99 - Joe Schobert, LB, Wisconsin

#100 - Traded to Oakland

#114 (from Oak) - Ricardo Louis, WR, Auburn

#129 - Derrick Kindred, S, TCU

#138 - Seth Devalve, TE, Princeton

#154 (from Oak) - Jordan Payton, WR, UCLA

#168 - Spencer Drango, OG Baylor

#172 - Rashard Higgins, WR, OSU

#173 - Trey Caldwell, CB, Louisiana-Monroe

#223 - Traded to Miami

#250 - Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys. We've got a legitimate opportunity to add 2 back to back day 2 guys here on day 3.

We may even have the potential to find a couple borderline day 1/2 guys on the board still.

That Moritz Boehringer could be the next white Randy Moss. Beast with the football. Whoever shoots first on him wins the draft.

I'm telling you guys. Sometimes I get a good feeling about a guy... no homo.

Well I get to watch after all. My wife realized when I told her I was still too ill to play racquetball this morning, that I would not have to go to our grandson's little league game with her either. Reprieve! :D

Joe Schobert

NflDraftScout -

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Wisconsin, Schobert lined up as the starting outside linebacker in the Badgers’ 3-4 base and was one of the most productive front-seven defenders at the college level the past two seasons. A former walk-on, he was put on scholarship prior to becoming a full-time starter (Feb. 2014) and developed into an intriguing NFL prospect due to his pass rush traits and unrelenting effort. Schobert has impressive play speed and light movements to challenge the edge and penetrate due to stunts, but offenses can run at him with ordinary size, strength and length. A Shea McClellin type of pro prospect, Schobert doesn’t have ideal athletic and physical skills, but he is a pesky rusher with the driven mentality to make plays – offers value on special teams with starting potential inside and outside in a 3-4 scheme.

are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

You think we're loaded with talent on this Team ?

I'm thinking they're purging the Roster to change the Culture/Mindset with motivated high character players.

After they get rid of all the bad eggs, then they'll concentrate on serious talent upgrades - not to say they're not upgrading the talent on this 3 - 13 Team anyway.

You think we're loaded with talent on this Team ?

I'm thinking they're purging the Roster to change the Culture/Mindset with motivated high character players.

After they get rid of all the bad eggs, then they'll concentrate on serious talent upgrades - not to say they're not upgrading the talent on this 3 - 13 Team anyway.

This

Ricardo Louis, WR, Auburn

SUMMARY: An on and off starter at Auburn, Louis was lost on the depth chart as an underclassman and best known as the receiver who caught the “Prayer at Jordan-Hare” in the win over Georgia (Nov. 2013). But with Sammie Coates off to the NFL and Duke Williams kicked off the team, Louis emerged from the shadows as Auburn’s top pass-catcher in 2015 and was productive despite poor quarterback play. He accelerates well in his routes with strong cuts in his breaks, but lacks nuance in his patterns and the film doesn’t show much route diversity. Although he is capable of the acrobatic grab due to his length and athleticism, Louis has shown unreliable ballskills over his career and there isn’t much that separates him as a player right now – late round size/speed developmental project who might benefit from a position switch to the secondary.

Archived