THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 2 Official Thread

wargograw

But I wanted Nick Martin :(

You are a wise man...

Correa and Martin fell where I thought they would. Both were ours...with some wheelin' and dealin'.

See Tour. This is why you don't just take a QB to take one IMO. Bryce Petty won't even get a try out. Complete JAG. Waste of a pick. Waste of a spot. Waste of effort.

Not following you at all... Is it not possible that they are ready to move on from Petty? That they no longer believe he has a shot at being "the guy"? Now they give Hack a shot...

I'm back in

You left?

I think Coleman will surprise you. He was rough early, but really developed through the season.

I had him as the last, OT prospect with the ability to start in 2016 and not embarrass his team. There will be growing gains, but I expect him to be better than Mitch was in his rookie year and eclipse Mitch by the end of his 2nd year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a wise man...

Correa and Martin fell where I thought they would. Both were ours...with some wheelin' and dealin'.

Not following you at all... Is it not possible that they are ready to move on from Petty? That they no longer believe he has a shot at being "the guy"? Now they give Hack a shot...

You left?

I think Coleman will surprise you. He was rough early, but really developed through the season.

I had him as the last, OT prospect with the ability to start in 2016 and not embarrass his team. There will be growing gains, but I expect him to be better than Mitch was in his rookie year and eclipse Mitch by the end of his 2nd year.

I like Coleman2, cautiously optimistic about Coleman1, happy about Nassib, doubtful about Ogbah, and completely apathetic about Kessler.

Bad pick Kessler. At least Jones could be molded into a winner. This draft was very mediocre at best. Trading out of the 2 and not getting one Ohio State player makes me angry. Think how good we'd be with Bosa and Elliot! Nope! I'm not impressed at all with Sashi and DePodesta. Why take Kessler? Why not take a wide receiver? Safety? Just wait and see how good the careers of Eli Apple and Taylor Decker will be.

Same Old Browns

Agreed. But why stop there?

The Brownz wuld be so mush butter if they choze all da top piks!

post-27937-0-56998100-1461990650_thumb.png

I don't move on from QBs without giving them a shot in the game. Too many QBs out there that are much better when the lights come on. Tom Brady was viewed in practice for months (years?) before being given the starter's role. It's just a crapshoot.

I don't move on from QBs without giving them a shot in the game. Too many QBs out there that are much better when the lights come on. Tom Brady was viewed in practice for months (years?) before being given the starter's role. It's just a crapshoot.

Brady was a second year QB who only got in because Bledsoe got injured. He was just the next man up. Nothing calculated.

OK... in the alternative... should Fitz suddenly decide to sign for $11mm or so, have you seen enough of Geno?

Well Coleman was my top wr, admittedly i wanted lynch in a trade up. rumor had that we would have pulled the trigger on a trade with GB to 27 but alas Denver moved to 26 and got lynch.

Taking ogbah i really didn't know enough about this one other than he performed very well in the combine. Likely going to plug him in at OLB. Hopefully he has the motor, good character pick.

Carl nassib was a guy that i looked at more than once during the season. Big bruiser decent speed and okay power. Plays with a huge chip on his shoulder and Unrelenting Motor. Another.good character pick.

Coleman is a project pick with good upside and again is a high work ethic pick.

Cody Kessler was actually the QB I first started scouting for the browns in 2015, he looked good this year but not great. Smaller QB and fairly average physical skillset. But if he plays consistantly like his 2014 season we dont need to worry about a QB for the next 10 years.

Btw to anyone who wanted osu players pause for a moment and think 10 players from osu went in the top 100 and osu looked pretty shitty all year and didn't even make it into the college playoff.

Poor coaching? Lack of Discipline resulting in poor work ethic/motor?

I dunno just funny to think with all that talent and couldn't win

I think the general theme of the browns picks so far have been High Character, High Motor, Physically Gifted players.

Also i totally think the browns should have grabbed Glasgow and then grabbed Kessler at pick 1 of round 4 but hey what do i know lol.

Btw to anyone who wanted osu players pause for a moment and think 10 players from osu went in the top 100 and osu looked pretty shitty all year and didn't even make it into the college playoff.

I dunno just funny to think with all that talent and couldn't win

I think the general theme of the browns picks so far have been High Character, High Motor, Physically Gifted players.

Also i totally think the browns should have grabbed Glasgow and then grabbed Kessler at pick 1 of round 4 but hey what do i know lol.

Couldn't decide on a QB. That'll kill you. Every OSU fan should be pissed there's not another national championship banner hanging in, well, wherever.

No QB?

Agree on Glasgow... nice versatile interior guy with upside. He's the one Comp pick I'd have coveted had we known....

But the Interior OL I really wanted was Nick Martin. Lost him to the wife's Texans. Guy is going to be a stud.

Brady was a second year QB who only got in because Bledsoe got injured. He was just the next man up. Nothing calculated.

I'm aware. That's my point. Had they known how good he was under the lights, he'd have been the starter. But they didn't, because with quarterbacks (true for all positions IMO but especially QB), you never know.

OK... in the alternative... should Fitz suddenly decide to sign for $11mm or so, have you seen enough of Geno?

He's started 29 games. IMO, yes. I like to give guys two full seasons but he has been pretty bad.

1- Corey Coleman

2- Ogbah

3a- Shon Coleman

3b- Nassib

3c- Cody Kessler

Some Football Players there homie!

Get that German!

I agree they have a great roster (don't tell Gipper on that other thread where he's whipping out point differential stats though).

Cowboys will not make the playoffs. They made some potentially great picks, but overall, these rookie won't take them over the hump to being a playoff team.

The other teams in their division did OK in this draft as well.

Cowboys will not make the playoffs. They made some potentially great picks, but overall, these rookie won't take them over the hump to being a playoff team.

You don't know this. Assuming any team won't make the playoffs when it's early May is plain idiotic.

You don't know this. Assuming any team won't make the playoffs when it's early May is plain idiotic.

Sure.....but it was just a prediction. We do that a lot on here you know. Predict shit. I predict the Cowboys won''t see the playoffs next year.

Is that better for you?

Sure.....but it was just a prediction. We do that a lot on here you know. Predict shit. I predict the Cowboys won''t see the playoffs next year.

Is that better for you?

Just giving you a hard time. Lol

The question isn't if the Cowboys will make the playoffs, the real question is will Romo stay healthy. IMO if Romo stays healthy they will win the NFC East.

The question isn't if the Cowboys will make the playoffs, the real question is will Romo stay healthy. IMO if Romo stays healthy they will win the NFC East.

Not imo. Not even then. But yes.....EZE will obviously help them a lot.

Not imo. Not even then. But yes.....EZE will obviously help them a lot.

or they get him killed over saving Romo's ass..

They are a playoff team now with Romo healthy. They were 2-1 with him playing last year and the loss was to the NFC champion after a 2 month layoff.

As you should...

I predict the next time either of us predict something related to football, Gip will come along to tell us we can't say that.

As you should...

I predict the next time either of us predict something related to football, Gip will come along to tell us we can't say that.

Oh yes you're right. Plus he's a lawyer so when you try to debate he will break down what you say to paint the picture. I truely believe he's Michael Moore. Lol just joking Gipper don't sue me.

Archived