THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Cook

The Gipper

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the fuck did Cook get a camp?

Gipper read a fortune cookie Last 4th of July that said there would be no first round QBs this year. He then decided that since QB isn't a very important position that the Browns might as well take the 5th QB prospect on the board. if there's anything that every QB the Browns drafted after Couch has taught us it's that the bargain bin is the best place to find a franchise signal caller.

It's two days after the Super Bowl, so I didn't take a close look in the draft process, yet. Right now, I'm neither into Camp Goff, nor Wentz, Lynch, Cook, ...

But I think we should make a statement and take a QB with our No.2 Pick and make it clear, that this is our guy. When we have the guy, Hue Jackson can decide if he let him play from Day 1 like Jacksonvlle did with Blake Bortles or eventually give him a redshirt year.

The problem i have with taking a QB at No.32 is, that I think,that a guy who fell to No.32 isn't your day 1 QB. And even if he would sit behind Josh McCown for a while, at some point during the season some guys will scream,that he has to start. Look at JM how this worked out if you let a guy who isn't ready start,just because he's a first round pick.

I don't wanna say, that we wouldn't get a quality QB in the late first or early second round, but I think, that he wouldn't get enough time in Cleveland to become a NFL ready QB before he sees the field.

Greetings from Germany

It's two days after the Super Bowl, so I didn't take a close look in the draft process, yet. Right now, I'm neither into Camp Goff, nor Wentz, Lynch, Cook, ...

But I think we should make a statement and take a QB with our No.2 Pick and make it clear, that this is our guy. When we have the guy, Hue Jackson can decide if he let him play from Day 1 like Jacksonvlle did with Blake Bortles or eventually give him a redshirt year.

Bortles didn't start from day 1.

I've heard a lot of press on Cook's lack of leadership abilities, how he wasn't a captain, and other slights about his personality. If you're the Browns, you probably need to stay away from guys like that. I'm not saying Cook is ANYTHING like Manziel, but if there are character concerns, I'd say our team can't really look at the guy unless they can independently verify that all the concerns are total garbage.

I personally like Hackenburg as a 3rd or maybe even 4th rounder and take all the D players we can load up on thru FA and the draft. He did not have the kind of support around him this year that he did his first two. I'd look at those two years as more indicative of what he brings to the game. And I'd count on Josh this year at wr. I think he's grown up a lot while on suspension.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/christian_hackenberg_857106.html

Ah.... I see now...

Blindfold... names in a hat...

It is called Camp Cook.....but as I said, it could be Camp Cook/Cardale/Prescott/Hackenberg.

People think there are 3 QBs in this draft that are so great.

Well, history shows that sometimes it is to lower rated QB that do as well or better when it actually comes to play this game.

I mean, Dan Marino was the 6th QB to be taken his year. Montana was 3rd round. Russell Wilson. etc.

Who is the Redskins QB? The guy taken #2 or the guy taken in round 4.

I am simply being egalitarian.

It is called Camp Cook.....but as I said, it could be Camp Cook/Cardale/Prescott/Hackenberg.

People think there are 3 QBs in this draft that are so great.

Well, history shows that sometimes it is to lower rated QB that do as well or better when it actually comes to play this game.

I mean, Dan Marino was the 6th QB to be taken his year. Montana was 3rd round. Russell Wilson. etc.

Who is the Redskins QB? The guy taken #2 or the guy taken in round 4.

I am simply being egalitarian.

You mean like in 2014 when we took the second (#1-22), 2012 we took the fourth (#1-22), 2010 colt mccoy was the fourth taken (#3-21), brady quinn was second in 2007 (#1-22)?

Saying "well you might also get a great QB later in the draft, so let's not worry about the top" is stupid.

Gipper read a fortune cookie Last 4th of July that said there would be no first round QBs this year. He then decided that since QB isn't a very important position that the Browns might as well take the 5th QB prospect on the board. if there's anything that every QB the Browns drafted after Couch has taught us it's that the bargain bin is the best place to find a franchise signal caller.

No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.

Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.

You just don't fucking know.

No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.

Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.

You just don't fucking know.

If you're waiting for guarantees you'll be waiting a long time and drafting nobody.

You mean like in 2014 when we took the second (#1-22), 2012 we took the fourth (#1-22), 2010 colt mccoy was the fourth taken (#3-21), brady quinn was second in 2007 (#1-22)?

Saying "well you might also get a great QB later in the draft, so let's not worry about the top" is stupid.

And remember when RGIII was taken #2 overall. And when Jamarcus Russell was taken #1 overall. And when Joey Harrington was taken #3 overall. etc. etc. etc.

You can do bad at the beginning, middle and end.

I guess my point is that I would like to take defense with our first pick. In case you didn't notice, Sunday proved that defense wins championship. I think a Bosa is a more sure thing that any of the QBs.

And remember when RGIII was taken #2 overall. And when Jamarcus Russell was taken #1 overall. And when Joey Harrington was taken #3 overall. etc. etc. etc.

You can do bad at the beginning, middle and end.

I guess my point is that I would like to take defense with our first pick. In case you didn't notice, Sunday proved that defense wins championship. I think a Bosa is a more sure thing that any of the QBs.

If your point is you'd rather go defense first I can get on board with that. I wouldn't be devastated if we drafted Bosa a #2. But to say 'its a shit show, so just pick whoever' is not anything resembling good decision making.

If you're waiting for guarantees you'll be waiting a long time and drafting nobody.

Again, I would rather take the talent that is considered closer to a guarantee than those that are not.

While obviously there is no guarantee that Bosa would be the shit, I am more confident in his chances of success than I am of these QBs being talked about

Yea I don't understand why you would want to draft Goff or Wentz when you could just draft Hackenberg or Prescott. What's the difference?

You are not listening. I want Bosa with our #2 pick....the closest thing to a Sure Thing. He is the Nicolette Sheridan. If Goff or Wentz are there later (they should be based on their talent rating....but not likely to be there because they are QBs) then I am all for taking them. But they are the Daphne Zunigas.

If your point is you'd rather go defense first I can get on board with that. I wouldn't be devastated if we drafted Bosa a #2. But to say 'its a shit show, so just pick whoever' is not anything resembling good decision making.

This thread is based on two assumptions:

A. That I want Bosa.

B. That Goff/Lynch/Wentz will be gone by the time our #32 is up. Thus, if we still need to go for a QB....what would be the next best available? I used Cook to start off....simply because he had been given such high ratings prior to the last college season starting.

Again, I would rather take the talent that is considered closer to a guarantee than those that are not.

While obviously there is no guarantee that Bosa would be the shit, I am more confident in his chances of success than I am of these QBs being talked about

Me too. And after we just watched Denver's D run them through the playoffs, who could argue against building a dominating D first?

QB's win Superbowls was the argument being used most often for taking a QB @ #2 overall. Tell Cam that in his post-game interview.

That's not crazy. The thread though comes off as 'none of these QBs are going to be any good, so lets just take a shot in the dark and hope'

That's not crazy. The thread though comes off as 'none of these QBs are going to be any good, so lets just take a shot in the dark and hope'

Well, there may be some of that too. I think whatever QB they take, even at #2 would indeed be a shot in the dark and hope.

You are not listening. I want Bosa with our #2 pick....the closest thing to a Sure Thing. He is the Nicolette Sheridan. If Goff or Wentz are there later (they should be based on their talent rating....but not likely to be there because they are QBs) then I am all for taking them. But they are the Daphne Zunigas.

No I think it's a fine opinion you want Bosa at #2 - but that's not the idea you've been trying to get across. (where's Camp Bosa?)

Almost every big board right now has at least 2 QBs in the top 20 in the overall talent pool - I just don't see how you can lump all the QBs in the same category.

I see much less of a drop off from Bosa to Spence, Nassib, Calhoun than I see from Goff to Hackenberg. There's also a real possibility the Tits take Bosa.

Archived