THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game so far has shown why like I've said all along defensive line is EASILY the 1a position of need for a football team. Both team have a great Defensive line but Denver has been dominant against arguably the 1st and 2nd best QBs this year. I think the new scheme gets it but if 2 of our top picks this year were on the defensive line I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

agree as well but both these teams have franchise qbs and/or a good running game or a good passing game.

neither of which the browns have.

and i AM a D first guy, but we picked D for the last 2 years. need to mix it up a little bit this year IMO.

Im all for a good D line too....but lets be honest, it's Von Miller who's owning them and he's an OLB....which is what we need in the worst way....even more than D line....just saying been sayin and will keep sayin.....F Mingo & Kruger!

Im all for a good D line too....but lets be honest, it's Von Miller who's owning them and he's an OLB....which is what we need in the worst way....even more than D line....just saying been sayin and will keep sayin.....F Mingo & Kruger!

Yeah I don't disagree, to be fair I think a lot of those guys are "both" but I admittedly lump the OLB into what I'm saying. In either case, the front for Denver and definitely Von Miller is the reason the Broncos will be SB champions. Manning played fine but man that front is crazy to watch.

Im happy for Peyton Manning right now. He deserved to go out like a champion.

Fuck the Denver Broncos otherwise.

yeah, i'll agree. hate the broncos and elway AND even though peyton has a horse face just like elway i don't mind that they/he are going to win this game.

at least when peyton got hit there wasn't close-ups of him crying and bitching.

cam newton now knows what it feels like to get hit.

a little dab will do ya.

Well I'm happy for my nephew who owns Bronco season tickets. He lost his 41 year old wife of two years in Oct. due to thrown clots to the lungs. He won the Broncos ticket holder lottery to get Superbowl tickets and went out to San Fran to attend the game.

Von Miller took Ohio State rookie Jeff Heuerman out for Superbowl winning celebration after the game he said in his presser this morning.

and he tweeted out to your guy Johnny after the game.....at least you Aggies stick together.....probably an excellent example for JM to aspire to....

and he tweeted out to your guy Johnny after the game.....at least you Aggies stick together.....probably an excellent example for JM to aspire to....

He also spoke directly to him in post game interview last night. Similar message about his own struggle to come back from drug suspension to be where he is now.

Carolina Panthers vs.Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50, 6:30 PM

So two schools of thought: It's a Carolina game where they blow you out before you know what hits you and good luck coming all the way back. Or it's a Denver game where you dragged into a slugfest and last one with the ball probably wins. It'll be a Dever game. And the reason will be Wade Phillips' #1 rated defense. If ever a coach should go to the HOF based on what he could do as an assistant ... this is the guy. This is a tougher defense than Cam and the Panthers have seen all year and the pass rush will not make things easy for him. Manning, on the other hand, will have his hands full with Luke Kuechly and the gang. This will not be a score fest. It'll be in the low 20's with Denver's Defense getting the ball in Manning's hands one last time as time winds down ... and he delivers. BRONCOS 24 PANTHERS 23

The Great Zomboni goes out with a bang, picking the winner, the spread, and the exact points Denver would score. Who would have thought that I was actually giving the Panthers too much credit, expecting them to be in it until the end?

Good job this year by Zelda the Wonder Dawg, my accuracy increased once I got her aboard.

I will see you all in September for my annual predictions ... Watch out for the Browns ... my early darkhorse ... took this Broncos team to OT.

Zombo

Cam Newton really disappointed a lot of folks with his quiet, temper tantrum interview after the game.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Cam isn't tough. He didn't have the biggest game go his way from the gitgo,

so Camsies got the giveupsies. Needs a whole lot of growing up to do.

He seemed to choke and give up late in the game.

But his sullen, pouty, spoiled little kid interview to losing the superbowl spoke volumes.

I will see you all in September for my annual predictions ... Watch out for the Browns ... my early perennial darkhorse ... took this Broncos team to OT.

Fixed...

Cam isn't tough. He didn't have the biggest game go his way from the gitgo,

so Camsies got the giveupsies. Needs a whole lot of growing up to do.

He seemed to choke and give up late in the game.

But his sullen, pouty, spoiled little kid interview to losing the superbowl spoke volumes.

I thought you were into subdued, barely audible, black men... ;)

What did you want him to do? He just lost the super bowl. Smile and joke? Dude was disappointed and let down. He could have handled it better but oh well. I don't think any less of him for that.

Didn't see the interview I went to bed right after the game. But it doesn't surprise me if he was sullen and pouty. Remember when Cam first came up and threw baby fits?

Now he was supposed to be having fun. His antics even when he gets the chains moving is sickening to me I'm glad he got his ass handed to him.

What did you want him to do? He just lost the super bowl. Smile and joke? Dude was disappointed and let down. He could have handled it better but oh well. I don't think any less of him for that.

Could've handled it a lot better. But Marshall Faulk even said after the game you can't prepare for what that feels like to have your ass handed to you in a game you thought you would win. Hopefully (as Faulk said) he watches his press conference and see's how poorly he acted and learns from it going forward.

it's not the first time newton has acted in a childish manner. everything is great when you're dabbing over a team you just beat. don't be all upset and ready to cry when it happens to you.

just like punk bullies, there's always someone bigger and badder than you.

Am I the only one who doesn't give two shits about this whole Newton interview thing? The dude just lost the SB and got the shit beat out of him. There's a defender literally 5 feet away from him answering questions (which never has happened before) about how he beat the shit out him. Yeah, Cam could have handled it better but really doesn't matter to me at all.

Peyton Manning acted in a very similar manner after he lost a Super Bowl, LeBron has run off the court without shaking hands too. Elite players emotions get the best of them sometimes, it just doesn't matter in the long run though.

Archived