THE BROWNS BOARD

Change Is Coming..

tampadawgs

Lets fave the facts, The Cleveland Browns are not winning any most popular team contest. NFL fans really could care less about the Browns. A Couple of reasons

1. Losing Record 11 of the past 12 yrs

2. No Big Names that the Fans can get behind (like Rodgers, Ray Lewis, AP, Etc, Etc)

3. Not growing fan base- People are leaving Cleveland as fast as they can. Example: My brother left Cleveland and moved to Florida when he was 20 he is a hardcore Browns, Buckeyes, Tribe, Cavs fan like myself. His daughter who is 16 yrs old is a big sports fan (great softball player) When ask who her fav teams are she says Florida Gators and Tampa Bay Bucs. People ask how your Uncle and Dad are huge Cleveland Fans, she says why would I root for the Browns and Buckeyes when I do not live there and never have been there. Point is there is A LOT OF KIDS OUT THERE THAT THINK THE BROWNS ARE A JOKE. This Generation is key for the Browns (2-18 yrs old) to build there fan base.

4. Uniform lacks what 2010 and beyond is all about. People want to wear something that they think is "Cool"

5. Really people who care a tradition is people who have not won anything. You think the New England, Balt, Pitt, Green Bay care about what the team did 50 yrs ago. of Course the players will say they do, because they do not want to piss of the old timers in football.

6. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN JIM BROWn. To us hes the greatest running back ever, but ask a Bears fan who is the greatest?

What can we do to pump up the Browns

1. Start winning DUHHHHH

This will piss off people, but some do not know the complete history of the Browns.

Ready....Change the UNIFORM.

What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

If the Browns went to more of a updated look, we will draw the younger generation. Kids DO NOT WANT TO WEAR BROWN. The Browns are working on a change. It might piss some people off, but this is what it is. As soon as my "resource gets me a pic" I will get on here, helmet- silver with 1 orange stripe down the middle and 2 Brown stripes next to it. On the side of the Helmet will be a "B" yes it will have a logo.

Orange Socks

Pants will be same color as helmet with Brown strip highlighted with Orange, Jerseys will will be more modern as well, Silver replacing the white look, with more Brown and Orange stripes down the side, They will have a VERY DARK BROWN for there other Jersey with same striping (replace the Brown with Silver)

What it sounds like they will introduce the new helmet and Jersey at the NFL draft.

I know some of the old timers will bepissed and I am sure they will tell how stupid it is, but the fact is you are not getting any younger. These kids are ones who are buying the uniforms and gear the Cleveland Browns

EVERY TEAM GOES THRU CHANGE.

It is coming, so get use to it. You will still root for the Browns because that is your Love. They will just look a little different thats all

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing uniforms isn't going to help anything. Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a time where this team is more than just a semi-pro team. Regardless of what people think, losing the team in 95 was the worst thing that could have happened to the city of Cleveland. They should have just built Modell a damn stadium. So what do they do, build one anyhow. And that prick has a Super Bowl. Sorry, I am just sick of the bullshit that goes on with the Browns. Always hoping that the next year is the one where we turn the corner,while we watch our rivals live it up winning Super Bowls. When is this ever going to end??? WHEN????

You will still root for the Browns because that is your Love

The only thing that needs to change is the losing culture. I don't LOVE cheering for this team the way it is, watching my Stooler neighbors, who live on both sides of me, have a tailgate party on their front yard because their team is in the Super Bowl.THEY NEED TO WIN. That is all I want. That is all that needs to change.

So you think if we change the colors or style of the uniform it will be more appealing to the younger generation and they wont really care that this team simply sucks and seems as if it will always suck... they will just become huge fans and snap up the new clothing line and make the piece of shit owner more money. Really you think that asshole needs more money?

I think the Cleveland Browns fans (me included) wanted this team back so bad... it was like we all made a deal with the devil...

we got our wish...the name and history and colors but..I think we all forgot to bargain for a good (even semi-good) team. We got shit!

YOu dont get it, they are changing to give us a fresh updated look for this generation. Like the Pats did, Bucs, Texans, Bills, Ravens, Panthers, Titans, Bengals...Over and over.

Biggest change is the Silver helmet they are indroducing...They want the young fan.

Trust me when I tell you I know its coming. Yes Nike has everything to do with it. Nike is not stupid they know what sells

Tampa I COMPLETELY agree with you. I've harped on this topic here and there for years.

I have had the fortune of visiting many other stadiums and have taken in many other fan cultures and realize that ours is dying. People here don't realize it and won't until it's too late.

Face the facts, the best and brightest owners in the NFL are advocates for change. Yet we want to stay hanging on to the old. It's ridiculous.

Look at the new generations. Everything these days is more attractive, more striking and geared toward gaining attention. It's like we have a frickin' Gateway PC but don't want to let go of it because of all the good times we shared with it. Let go and move on to an ipad finally.

I'll even go one more than trying to attract only the younger fans: How about trying to attract free agents? All free agents are are a bunch of overpaid kids that are part of the new generation.

I like what Oklahoma State has done in introducing the grey as a more predominant color and really think something like that would work for the Browns.

I guess time will tell, but I for one hope you're right Tampa!

I am probably the only one of the "younger generation" who doesn't want change, but I do like those mock-ups. They're streamlined, but still traditional.

If we were to introduce new jerseys, helmets, or whatever, I have a feeling black would be gradually fed in more than silver though. More often than not, when a team is trying to shake things up, they introduce black jerseys or black accents.

Just my .02

YOu dont get it, they are changing to give us a fresh updated look for this generation. Like the Pats did, Bucs, Texans, Bills, Ravens, Panthers, Titans, Bengals...Over and over.

Biggest change is the Silver helmet they are indroducing...They want the young fan.

Trust me when I tell you I know its coming. Yes Nike has everything to do with it. Nike is not stupid they know what sells

Yes Nike knows what sells, but the teams have the final say on what the uniforms look like. I talk with many people who have inside information about uniform design and manufacturers. For example, Nike has had their "pro combat" line for the past few years in college football. The work with each school to come up a cool design for a one-time special uniform. Some are well received by the public, and others aren't. Usually when a traditional school does something drastic it doesn't go over well. Some schools like Georgia and TCU have turned down some designs. Other schools like Oregon and ASU let them have full control and do whatever they'd like. But one-time uniforms are against NFL rules. Teams are only allowed 2 jerseys and 1 helmet to be considered their main home and away, with a 3rd alternate jersey option. The third jersey can be an alternate color (browns orange) or a throwback. When wearing a throwback they are allowed to add a helmet to match.

Now when discussing Nike and the NFL, the Browns were never mentioned as a team looking to do major changes. Some teams have been working with Nike, I think Seattle for example, but still no mention of the Browns. We all know how something like the brown pants can be received by the public, so a major change could spell trouble.

Makes you wonder if Learner would like us Browns fans to become bored with the non stop sucking and losing and stop showing up at games and caring as much (Cleveland apathy) and he could move the team maybe overseas...

I hate the jerk

As ridiculous as this topic is, if they were to change the uni's, they should look something like this

helmettiger.jpg

After all, Paul Brown was the coach of the Massillon Tigers and that's where he got the Browns color scheme. Personally, I would like it if the Browns had black in the uni's

Lets fave the facts, The Cleveland Browns are not winning any most popular team contest. NFL fans really could care less about the Browns. A Couple of reasons

2. No Big Names that the Fans can get behind (like Rodgers, Ray Lewis, AP, Etc, Etc)

3. Not growing fan base- People are leaving Cleveland as fast as they can. Example: My brother left Cleveland and moved to Florida when he was 20 he is a hardcore Browns, Buckeyes, Tribe, Cavs fan like myself. His daughter who is 16 yrs old is a big sports fan (great softball player) When ask who her fav teams are she says Florida Gators and Tampa Bay Bucs. People ask how your Uncle and Dad are huge Cleveland Fans, she says why would I root for the Browns and Buckeyes when I do not live there and never have been there. Point is there is A LOT OF KIDS OUT THERE THAT THINK THE BROWNS ARE A JOKE. This Generation is key for the Browns (2-18 yrs old) to build there fan base.

4. Uniform lacks what 2010 and beyond is all about. People want to wear something that they think is "Cool"

5. Really people who care a tradition is people who have not won anything. You think the New England, Balt, Pitt, Green Bay care about what the team did 50 yrs ago. of Course the players will say they do, because they do not want to piss of the old timers in football.

6. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN JIM BROWn. To us hes the greatest running back ever, but ask a Bears fan who is the greatest?

1. Start winning DUHHHHH

This will piss off people, but some do not know the complete history of the Browns.

What a lot of people do not know is that the Browns use to have 2 helmets..Solid white (1946–1949); solid white for day games and solid orange for night games (1950–1951); orange with a single white stripe (1952–1956); orange with a single white stripe and brown numerals on the sides (1957–1959); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence and brown numerals on the sides (1960); orange with a brown-white-brown stripe sequence (1961–1995 and 1999–present).

If the Browns went to more of a updated look, we will draw the younger generation. Kids DO NOT WANT TO WEAR BROWN. The Browns are working on a change. It might piss some people off, but this is what it is. As soon as my "resource gets me a pic" I will get on here, helmet- silver with 1 orange stripe down the middle and 2 Brown stripes next to it. On the side of the Helmet will be a "B" yes it will have a logo.

Orange Socks

Pants will be same color as helmet with Brown strip highlighted with Orange, Jerseys will will be more modern as well, Silver replacing the white look, with more Brown and Orange stripes down the side, They will have a VERY DARK BROWN for there other Jersey with same striping (replace the Brown with Silver)

What it sounds like they will introduce the new helmet and Jersey at the NFL draft.

I know some of the old timers will bepissed and I am sure they will tell how stupid it is, but the fact is you are not getting any younger. These kids are ones who are buying the uniforms and gear the Cleveland Browns

It is coming, so get use to it. You will still root for the Browns because that is your Love. They will just look a little different thats all

SILVER helmets with ORANGE? Could it clash any harder than that? No thanks. What an eye sore. I would rather see the Bulldog on the side of the helmet than the B,too.

How about pink uniforms with hot pink helmets and socks?

Why we are at it lets throw in some super hot cheer leaders!

I am loyal to the browns tradition which is already gone along with the colors brown, white and orange and if lerner changes something to my disliking i will gladly use it as a get out of browns fan jail free card..

How about pink uniforms with hot pink helmets and socks?

Why we are at it lets throw in some super hot cheer leaders!

I am loyal to the browns tradition which is already gone along with the colors brown, white and orange and if lerner changes something to my disliking i will gladly use it as a get out of browns fan jail free card..

LOL I am not going to be a Browns fan anymore because they are updateing the look...I guess its bye bye for you.

Its about money, they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!!!

Its a really smart move, they are not changing the colors, they are just bringing in another color.

SILVER helmets with ORANGE? Could it clash any harder than that? No thanks. What an eye sore. I would rather see the Bulldog on the side of the helmet than the B,too.

They're not changing the helmet.

It's one of the most iconic helmets in sports, right up there with Michigan's and Notre Dame.

When anyone sees an orange helmet with brown and white stripes they immediately think Cleveland. There's a reason an image of the helmet is used as a logo.

You know Tampa, I thought about what you said and it does make sense. I know most people wouldn't be open to a permanent change but I would be open to an alternate uni

that is drastically different than the original. And i made some up

317134_300551646634992_100000404777469_1023133_1440474692_n.jpg

1. Start winning DUHHHHH

Orange Socks

This is stupid.

The Browns aren't changing their uniforms.

Not as long as Lerner owns the team.

You wannaget the kids excited? Win. They will catch the passion just like all of us did.

We are finally drafting well, the defense is playing well, and we have two 1st rounders coming up... if Shurmer gets the offense up and going we'll be contending soon and it'll be real cool to wear brown in Cleveland.

Z

I hate this analogy, because I'm about to mention 2 teams I hate: NY Yankees, Boston Red Sox.

Both teams have had the SAME uniforms for years & years....they are winners. Uniforms have nothing to do with anything.

Draft the best OLB available, a tall & fast WR with hands, shore up the O-line....we are contenders.

I hope Holmgram isn't wasting his time with uniform decisions. He should be planning what free agents and OC he and HEckert will be looking at after the season ends.

Personel and coaching are where the problem lies. The uniforms are the only thing good about the Browns these days.

But I guess if we play like shit might well have shitty new uniforms to match

You know Tampa, I thought about what you said and it does make sense. I know most people wouldn't be open to a permanent change but I would be open to an alternate uni

that is drastically different than the original. And i made some up

317134_300551646634992_100000404777469_1023133_1440474692_n.jpg

Dude, those look like pajamas.

The uniform threads bring out the worst in our fans.

Let's find a teeth crushing LB and people will stop talking about how many stripes we should have on our socks. Yech....

There all all parts of a NFL front office, some have nothing to do with the talent on the team. I am telling you they have been working on the new Uniform the last couple of yrs. The big change is the helmet, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP, NOT MY IDEA!!!! I am just reporting what I know. Lerner wants to make a impact in another area. He is not a dumb man, he knows he HAS TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION!!!

So all you old timers (50+ group) this is not your Browns any more, this is not my Browns anymore. This is not Jim Brown, Koser, Matthews, Otto Browns anymore. They will always have a place in our minds and hearts, but its time to move on and Lerner knows that.

Prepare yourself, I will tell you this is how it will work, they will introduce the new Uni either in a pre season game or a regular season game as a special. Like the Steelers do with there Yellow helmets. The white helmet is considered a throw back becasue we wore it in the 40s for 3 yrs..

Get ready...

There all all parts of a NFL front office, some have nothing to do with the talent on the team. I am telling you they have been working on the new Uniform the last couple of yrs. The big change is the helmet, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP, NOT MY IDEA!!!! I am just reporting what I know. Lerner wants to make a impact in another area. He is not a dumb man, he knows he HAS TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION!!!

So all you old timers (50+ group) this is not your Browns any more, this is not my Browns anymore. This is not Jim Brown, Koser, Matthews, Otto Browns anymore. They will always have a place in our minds and hearts, but its time to move on and Lerner knows that.

Prepare yourself, I will tell you this is how it will work, they will introduce the new Uni either in a pre season game or a regular season game as a special. Like the Steelers do with there Yellow helmets. The white helmet is considered a throw back becasue we wore it in the 40s for 3 yrs..

Get ready...

And you know what? It will go over as big as the Brown pants did. Silver has NEVER, EVER been part of the Browns color scheme. I'll believe that as much as the Steelers are going to start wearing Pink Jerseys at home in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Lerner has already said he's not messing with the helmet- no logo ever. Randy is a traditionalist, has the final say, and unless you have a hot line direct to his office, I'll believe it when I see it. Silver? You think we're the Raiders or something? S-U-R-E. Of course the NFL would like every team to wear Black at home, it's SO intimidating.

Green Bay has essentially worn the same jerseys as long as I can remember. They changing their color scheme so Nike can get all their fans to by the new stuff? I doubt it. Winning cures everything.

Just like it would never happen that The Cleveland Browns would move to Balt, just like the Balt Colts would never leave and go to Indy. Just like the Saints would never win a Super Bowl.

I have never been wrong about the Browns on what is coming up. I said a million times that I have some inside info on what the Browns are wanting to do.

I will give you another that you will not here. The Browns are not that high on Burfict from ASU. They like is motor, and they do not care about the fouls he gets in games. They do not like thefact he is not a pure tackler, he does not wrap up his man. He gets lazy at times. They will not take him with there second pick in the first if he is there.

I for one disagree, I love Burfict, but I do not run the Browns. IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!

Nike has an NFL contract starting next year. If we ever were to see a change for the Browns then it would happen this offseason. But I don't expect it to be very drastic at all. As much as I love uniforms like Oregon and Maryland, I just don't think it fits the Browns.

I did this mock up a few months ago, keeping the same tradition but mixing it up.

ClevelandBrowns.jpg

I like the idea of a different helmet, but I was thinking Brown with matte paint. Maybe white and orange stripes, white numbers on the sides, and brown facemask?

a paint finish similar to what Wyoming wears.

Screen_Shot_2011-09-11_at_9.50.47_AM.png

Heck ya.. Like those Uni's. They have a sense of that Traditional Browns look, but have a very NEO-Classical Bad A$$ look to them..

I'm a Browns fan, will always be, but I believe we do need to Brand ourselves better.

Archived