THE BROWNS BOARD

A Lot Of You Should Feel Lucky

tampadawgs

This really does not have to do with the Browns, but more about the Tribe...

GO to the GAMES!!!!!

I only wished I lived inside of 3 hours from The Jake ( yes I still call it the Jake) I would go to at least 50 games a year easy!!!!! We have a really good ball club this year, and they are a ton of fun to watch, I live in Tampa and every year I see them for all 3 games when they come to the TROP. This year I feel lucky, as they will be in Miami in beginning of Aug and ATL at the end of Aug.

I understand Browns games being soldout every year, they only play 8 games at home and Cleveland is a football town or is it??? I know we all love our Browns, but I also know everyone loves the Tribe. This is not the Tribe of the past couple years. This team can MASH the ball!!!! You need to go Support the TRIBE. People bitch and moaned about the Dolans not spending money, well tehy did and what did you do to Support them...NOTHING. iF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE TRIBE THEN THEY WILL SELL OF THERE TEAM AGAIN!!!!!

I will end of seeing the Tribe 9 times this year, And I bet that is alot more than alot of you that live in Cleveland!!!!!

Were still in the bottom third of the league in payroll. Haven't went out and spent a ton of money, just go rid of some bad contracts that weren't producing. Best thing Dolan did was hire Francona to make the baseball decisions.

You build it they will come

We've been great in the 1st half of the season the last couple years, after the all-star break is were we want to see sustained success. I like what I see though, Francona's doing a great job.

We've been great in the 1st half of the season the last couple years, after the all-star break is were we want to see sustained success. I like what I see though, Francona's doing a great job.

I feel the same about the early success. We got veteran sluggers now so I think we can keep it up after the break.

You know it's so easy to say that but it's not that simple. For most people you work a typical 8-5 schedule. Most people live 30 minutes away from the stadium and the game starts at 7. Most games are 3 hours or so which means after traffic 11:00 is the time you'll get home. Idk what the hell you do for a living (I'm assuming you're not in the real world), but I'm tired when I get off. It's much nicer to sit on my porch and watch the game on my laptop.

I agree that people need to start attending. This is indeed a different and talented team. And we spent less money on players partially due to the team not generating enough revenue because people aren't showing up. Show up this year and they will spend more next year. Go Tribe!

Baseball is boring as shit and the season drags on

Baseball is a great American past time. Wouldn't expect you to understand that woody. When I moved back to Cleveland in 1994 was a great time for the Tribe. Who can forget the 1995 season? Went to many games that year. After the team started the roll back with Dolan as owner a lot of people stopped attending. This year seems like we have vastly improved and I have been to a couple of games and plan on attending more in the Summer.

The Dolans have built up ill will with the fans of Cleveland over the decade or more they have owned the team. It will take far more than a handful of games to recover any trust with the fans. They have merely reaped what they have sown. And.....this is not the first time these Tribe teams have looked good early in the season....only to fall flat on their faces.

So, with hard economic times....with mistrust of ownership...with a track record of having bubbles burst...and with just the abiding pessimism about Cleveland sports, it is the Tribe that is the team that suffers from an attendance viewpoint.

The Browns will always have their following. The Cavs will get what they get from their target demographic. It is the Indians that must rely on the willingness of the greater mass of the public for support, and that support is just not there now.

A lot of people may even say: call us in September when you are in an actual pennent race, not in May.

You know it's so easy to say that but it's not that simple. For most people you work a typical 8-5 schedule. Most people live 30 minutes away from the stadium and the game starts at 7. Most games are 3 hours or so which means after traffic 11:00 is the time you'll get home. Idk what the hell you do for a living (I'm assuming you're not in the real world), but I'm tired when I get off. It's much nicer to sit on my porch and watch the game on my laptop.

So I guess everywhere else in baseball people do not have jobs so they go to all the games. every city has issues, and really if we were in the middle of the pac I would be ok, but last??? Come on MAN!!!!!

FYI If not living in the real world means making 85K a year and working 60 hours a week, then yep I do not live in the real world

So I guess everywhere else in baseball people do not have jobs so they go to all the games. every city has issues, and really if we were in the middle of the pac I would be ok, but last??? Come on MAN!!!!!

FYI If not living in the real world means making 85K a year and working 60 hours a week, then yep I do not live in the real world

Yeah, I'm sure that's your life story.

5 Important things you're seriously not understanding here.

1. A lot of the high attendance ball parks have much higher populations than Cleveland by several hundred thousand people.

2. Said teams have actually been good consistently, and don't tucker out after the all-star break.

3. Said cities aren't tmiserably depressed and many aren't sub 60 degrees until mid May (today was 47 btw)

4. Said teams don't have awful owners who have shown consistently to break apart good teams for money reasons.

5. A lot of the ballparks are way more centrally located to the heart of downtown.

Look I'm a huge Indians fan but it'd be tough for me going to games during the week or even at all. Attendance will go up if they stay solid and the weather warms up. But I don't blame people at all for not going.

1. Really do not know why I responded about what I do and how much money I make, I guess I could say a make 3 mill a year...but who cares....

Anyways

Here is a list of City around the same mark in population as Cleveland and where they rank in attendance, then try to come up with some other reason for not showing up, ohh I guess when we sold out 455 games knowbody worked during those times. ( Yes also know the Browns were gone at that time)

Cincy 296K Rank 17th

Pittsburgh 307K Rank 22nd'

Miami 408K Rank 28th

Oakland 395K Rank 27th

Minnesota 387K Rank 16th

Seattle 620K Rank 25th

Boston 625K Rank 10th

St. Louis 318K Rank 3rd

Cleveland 393K Rank Last

Houston 2.1 Million Rank 26th

So again, what the excuse???? For having the lowest attendance in Baseball. I can keep breaking things down if you like, I broke this down so it is easy for you to read....

Yeah, I'm sure that's your life story.

5. A lot of the ballparks are way more centrally located to the heart of downtown.

???????

BTW, ClevelandWantsPlayoffs captured it. There are thousands of fans that are not willing to get emotionally invested in this team. Me included. That Boston series was quite destructive. This current team will need to win the fan's hearts back. It may not be fair to the current players, but that's tough shit for them. They need to pack their lunchbox everyday and go to work.

I've been to one game and will go to at least one more before the end if May. I'm not embarrassed by that.

1. Really do not know why I responded about what I do and how much money I make, I guess I could say a make 3 mill a year...but who cares....

Anyways

Here is a list of City around the same mark in population as Cleveland and where they rank in attendance, then try to come up with some other reason for not showing up, ohh I guess when we sold out 455 games knowbody worked during those times. ( Yes also know the Browns were gone at that time)

Cincy 296K Rank 17th

Pittsburgh 307K Rank 22nd'

Miami 408K Rank 28th

Oakland 395K Rank 27th

Minnesota 387K Rank 16th

Seattle 620K Rank 25th

Boston 625K Rank 10th

St. Louis 318K Rank 3rd

Cleveland 393K Rank Last

Houston 2.1 Million Rank 26th

So again, what the excuse???? For having the lowest attendance in Baseball. I can keep breaking things down if you like, I broke this down so it is easy for you to read....

Have you not paid attention? The "excuse" is that Indians fans hate the teams owners. They have spent a decade blackening the sole of the Indians faithful....and it is going to take a hell of a lot more than just a decent start to reverse that feeling.

What is it exactly about what I have just said that you don't understand?

Anyways

Anyone who spells 'nobody' the way you did doesn't help your case. Internet or not that's awful and doesn't look good when calling people out for being slow. Gipper said it well. That's not the only reason Indians attendance sucks, but it is something important. Look at Miami, it's the same problem. Beautiful new ballpark, can't get 5,000 people to walk through. why? The owner sucks and everyone hates him.

The teams you've highlighted have also been worth a crap recently. The Cardinals have won two world series and the reds have been to the playoffs. I really don't understand why you don't see the reasoning behind low attendance. I don't blame Clevelanders for not going in the slightest.

ok so you say people do not go to Tribe games because they do not like the owner. OK Lets look at Cleveland sports as a whole

Most will agree that everyone loves Dan Gilbert as a owner of the Cavs, and most people do not like the Dolens or the Lerner family ( The Haslems just took over so they can not count )

So by what you said the Cavs should be the Number 1 team in Cleveland

Cavs

78.7% Full at 16,192 a game

Browns

91% full at 66,632 a game

Tribe

33.6% full at 14,614 a game

Now I know everyone loves teh Browns, but the Lerners have fucked Cleveland every which way and people still show up!!! They have been the laughing stock of the NFL of the past 10 years...

What helps the Cavs is having Lebron for 7 yrs and then Irving the past couple years, but the Cavs have been shit since Lebron left!!!!!

Tribe, again have not been good in a while. I agree they have put a piss pour line-up out there over the past 3-4years. People bitch that we did not spend money. So, what do they do. They hire the best coach any Cleveland team has had in 20years, sign big name players in Swisher, Bourne. and Reynolds. To go along with Acab, Santana, Kipnis, Brantly, and trade for Stubbs. They aready had one of the best bullpens in baseball.

So over the past year it is the Indians who are trying t o win over the fans and bring in players that people want to watch. What have the Browns and Cavs done. Browns spent alot of Money on a D-line and coaching with a owner who might have to give up the team. The Cavs have been in rebuilding mode for 3yrs, NBA has 3 maybe 4 teams that can win it and the Cavs are not one. The NFL is all about the QB, you think Weeden will lead us to the SuperBowl??? The Tribe with there line-up and bullpen plus if the starting pitching just maintains they have a great chance to win the World Series this year!!!! So everyone bitched about the Dolons not spending money and they spend it and you still bitch. Makes no sense because the Browns have been a bigger shit team than the tribe has been, plus Teh Jale is one of the best ballparks to watch a game in!!!!

All I am saying is Support the Tribe!!! These players are giving you everything they got, and alot of them did not play here over the past 3 years!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

ok so you say people do not go to Tribe games because they do not like the owner. OK Lets look at Cleveland sports as a whole

Most will agree that everyone loves Dan Gilbert as a owner of the Cavs, and most people do not like the Dolens or the Lerner family ( The Haslems just took over so they can not count )

So by what you said the Cavs should be the Number 1 team in Cleveland

Cavs

78.7% Full at 16,192 a game

Browns

91% full at 66,632 a game

Tribe

33.6% full at 14,614 a game

Now I know everyone loves teh Browns, but the Lerners have fucked Cleveland every which way and people still show up!!! They have been the laughing stock of the NFL of the past 10 years...

What helps the Cavs is having Lebron for 7 yrs and then Irving the past couple years, but the Cavs have been shit since Lebron left!!!!!

Tribe, again have not been good in a while. I agree they have put a piss pour line-up out there over the past 3-4years. People bitch that we did not spend money. So, what do they do. They hire the best coach any Cleveland team has had in 20years, sign big name players in Swisher, Bourne. and Reynolds. To go along with Acab, Santana, Kipnis, Brantly, and trade for Stubbs. They aready had one of the best bullpens in baseball.

So over the past year it is the Indians who are trying t o win over the fans and bring in players that people want to watch. What have the Browns and Cavs done. Browns spent alot of Money on a D-line and coaching with a owner who might have to give up the team. The Cavs have been in rebuilding mode for 3yrs, NBA has 3 maybe 4 teams that can win it and the Cavs are not one. The NFL is all about the QB, you think Weeden will lead us to the SuperBowl??? The Tribe with there line-up and bullpen plus if the starting pitching just maintains they have a great chance to win the World Series this year!!!! So everyone bitched about the Dolons not spending money and they spend it and you still bitch. Makes no sense because the Browns have been a bigger shit team than the tribe has been, plus Teh Jale is one of the best ballparks to watch a game in!!!!

All I am saying is Support the Tribe!!! These players are giving you everything they got, and alot of them did not play here over the past 3 years!!!!

.......yawn......

Archived