THE BROWNS BOARD

Dan Gilbert

cambridgeho

This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year.

that's why you and your fellow trolls are on OUR board everyday. you must be a politician because you lie right through your teeth. oops! forgot. i meant tooth. douchebag.

good Lord; you still dont get it do you ?

1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

ESPN shoved it down all our throats. It does not surprise us that Shitsburgh does not give a tit about Cleveland. The feeling is mutual. It pisses us about the way ESPN shoved it down our throat and the way the whole thing was orchestrated by our native boy who decides to insult us in the big stage.

2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

The reason why this free agency was called unprecedented was cos a huge bunch of top class free agents opted out of their contracts and waited for teams to come woo them with presentations and then all decided to sign with one team screwing a whole lot of teams. Forget Cleveland, do u think that NY, NJ, Chicago, Clippers were all idiots for playing the waiting game ? No. It is just the way it is. That is what makes this year so unique.

3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

Sure LeBron does not owe us anything and neither do we. People are sad cos he left - but no hard feelings. But the manner in which he left with a televised exit ? That does feel like a slap in the face and is pretty insulting. People with self respect can empathize, I dont know about you. Again - It is not about the fact that he left, but the way in which he left.

4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

The crowd did boo him when he quit on us. Maybe in Pittsburgh you are not allowed to boo quitters but over here It is all fair game. And do u really think that if we praised him for quitting on us, he will stay back ? Listen he went to a team with a better talent so that he can win a championship there. That is fine. But he called the national media and had to make his announcement live and then out up a drama there which did not sink well with us or a majority across the country. Please read the prior two sentences until u understand it.

are you for real with this?? I hope so... then again is that just so he can clear out all his old Cavs Bron crap? One would think...

LINK

I was wrong, it's $17.41

2 of them are sold out and the Fathead JR. is on clearance for the same price

1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

No one here gives a flying fukc what you think dickhead.

The penguins lost their best defenseman last year? That's how you equate this??

Work with me, Silvercock, try this out:

Let's say everyone of those Steeler Super Bowl seasons instead ended up in a gut-wrenching last minute playoff defeat. And that Pirates made the World Series in 71 and 79... but lost them both, the latter when their closer blew it in the 9th inning. Now let's say Lemiuex had never come along and the Penguins had no championships when they drafted Sidney Crosby.

No championships since 1960, are you with me so far?

Now let's say instead of being some Canadian kid, Crosby was a local kid, a Pittsburgh youth and high school hockey hero. So when Pittsburgh got his draft rights he was hailed as a saviour. And let's say he turns into the leagues best player, but instead of winning a championship, the Penguins come up just short, have the best record in the league two years in a row and are on the verge of breaking through and delivering the city's first championship in 50 years.

OK? Now pretend the NHL is ten times more popular than what it is ... something like, I don't know ... the NBA. So now pretend local boy plays out his contract but keeps hope alive that he will stay home in Pittsburgh, where everyone is starving for a championship. So when he makes his decision he decides to a prime-time special on ESPN and announce it to the whole sports world. And when they ask him where he is going every Pittsburgher holds their gut as he says "Washington". Yes, the Pittsburgh Kid is going to join Ozechken (sp) and some other big name free agent so they can win a bunch of Stanley Cups, leaving the poor Penguins to start all over again. And he rubs it in Pittsburgh's face on National TV.

It still doesn't work because one basketball player can affect his team much more than one hockey player ... but you get where we are coming from, right?

We understand free agency ... but it didn't have to go downlike it did, with the local kid holding a prime time special to let the city know they are back to squat while he goes off to win championships without them.

You can't understand because you are spoiled ... just like LeBron.

Zombo

Your spite is toward Cleveland and the Browns. You just piggyback that onto the Cavs, who I agree you probably could care less about.

You might not, but 90% of Pittsburgh would carry on this same way. Also, here is a clue for you: the Cavs offered all kinds of deals to LBJ to keep him from becoming a FA. He didn't want to do it. He wanted to become a FA all along. All his loyalty talk was just lip service.

#1 Gilbert comes off as a fan. You are the one that sounds like an immature douchebag for criticising the statements that any fan would make. Thank God there is an owner out there that has his emotions where his money is, and that really wants to win. The other two guys in town here? Lerner? He is probably more emotional about his futbol team in England. Dolan? He has shown absolutely no interest in fielding a winner. That is what fans do, get over-emational and irrational at spurts. But Gilbert will have the ability to translate that emotion into real action...unlike all other fans. And also, you are dead wrong. LeBron DID ask to be drafted by the Cavs. He stated that he fervently hoped the Cavs would get the first pick so they could take him and so he could stay home. And you are absolutely wrong about the Cavs doing little to help hm build a title contender...they brought in the point guard he wanted, they brought in Shaq, they traded for Jamison. Every move was made to bring in a title contender. And they WERE a title contender (do you deny that the team with the best record in the NBA is a title contender? Next time the Steelers say have the best record in the NFL, would you accept the proposition that they are not a legit title contender?). No, the reason the Cavs didn't win the title comes down to one thing: the inexplicably poor performance by their Superstar in their most critical games (or, in hindsight...is it inexplicable?)

Also....have you been to Miami lately? Nice city? Nicer than Cleveland? Certainly nicer to a crack whore. Otherwise, that is very debatable.. Though you got one, and only 1 thing right. LeBron does not owe us anything in terms of being legally obligated to anything here. But, integrity, and legal obligation are two whole different matters.

So? The guy plays like he was still in high school, and he is immune from criticism? Is that your theory? That's its a fan's job to pump up the ego of a player no matter how disappointing and poor his performance is?

They'll be booing him in Miami if he plays that badly, rest assured.

• 10 months later...

On the cavs.com site. a little to late but pretty badass

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

:lol:

As long as the Heat are in the league the Cavs wont be winning any championships. Good work Gilbert, insert foot in mouth.

Well, thanks for bumping this Mikey- I've been following the playoffs- and you may well be right. However, the Bulls are one player away, and the Thunder are one big (and consistent play out of Westbrook) from giving the Heat a run for their money. The Heat will kill Dallas- they're a very poor matchup.

Nope, LeBum and his pals had this whole scenario planed out long before 2010, and Darth Greaseball had the smarts to make it happen. It's ironic (or maybe intentional) on LeBron's part that he was wearing those Yankees caps- because the Heat definitely have become- ala the Yankees- the most hated team in the NBA outside of South Florida.

And I wonder how long it will take for one of the Three AmEGOs to get all honked off and want out.

Sad part is LeQuit has totally elevated his game (or is it now with Bosh & Wade) he can sandbag until the last 7 minutes of the game, and then proceed to kill a dog-tired defense that's beat from chasing everyone else. Too bad he couldn't have exercised a touch of patience, he could have won it all here- with the right talent. And FYI Dan Gilbert was 100% committed to getting him that talent.

And as to crapping on Gilbert- are you that clueless? Who do you think wanted Mo Williams? Shaq? Jamison? Getting Mike Brown fired (now there's a hoot- he's apparently good enough for the Lakers), and in collateral damage getting Ferry to quit? That was Gilbert?

Nope, MeBron decided winning zillions of championships with his pals was more important than anything else. Don't expect me to wish him luck in accomplishing that goal.

Well, thanks for bumping this Mikey- I've been following the playoffs- and you may well be right. However, the Bulls are one player away, and the Thunder are one big (and consistent play out of Westbrook) from giving the Heat a run for their money. The Heat will kill Dallas- they're a very poor matchup.

Nope, LeBum and his pals had this whole scenario planed out long before 2010, and Darth Greaseball had the smarts to make it happen. It's ironic (or maybe intentional) on LeBron's part that he was wearing those Yankees caps- because the Heat definitely have become- ala the Yankees- the most hated team in the NBA outside of South Florida.

And I wonder how long it will take for one of the Three AmEGOs to get all honked off and want out.

Sad part is LeQuit has totally elevated his game (or is it now with Bosh & Wade) he can sandbag until the last 7 minutes of the game, and then proceed to kill a dog-tired defense that's beat from chasing everyone else. Too bad he couldn't have exercised a touch of patience, he could have won it all here- with the right talent. And FYI Dan Gilbert was 100% committed to getting him that talent.

And as to crapping on Gilbert- are you that clueless? Who do you think wanted Mo Williams? Shaq? Jamison? Getting Mike Brown fired (now there's a hoot- he's apparently good enough for the Lakers), and in collateral damage getting Ferry to quit? That was Gilbert?

Nope, MeBron decided winning zillions of championships with his pals was more important than anything else. Don't expect me to wish him luck in accomplishing that goal.

I am NOT following these playoffs, other than hearing who won/lost each game.

If Miami wins, LeBron has something he can't make go away......HE knows, as we all do, that he TANKED the Boston series last year. He had an "elbow injury" that I believe to this day was bogus, didn't play to win & that will go to his grave with him.....a "cross to bear" that none of the REAL greats have to live with. I rejoice in the fact he killed his own legacy. The other thing I will rejoice in is that Gilbert, Cuban, et al WILL get their turn during the next CBA negotiations.Personally, there are two others I want to watch crawl....Stern & Patty boy. Believe me, what "Patty & the punks" orchestrated with the obvious blessings of Stern will result in changes that will negatively impact the rest of the players in the NBA. We'll see how much love there is for Bron & his bitches after the balance of NBA players see how a few selfish people stabbed the rest in the back. They aren't respected now, & I think it's gonna get worse for them.

Dan Gilbert reacted hastily & angrily, making unrealistic promises, but you have to love an Owner who says "The HELL with being politically correct". Mr Gilbert is the best thing to happen to Cleveland in a long time. Now Dan, PLEASE buy the Tribe & rename the ballpark "Feller Field" or something other than "Progressive Field??".

Mike

I am NOT following these playoffs, other than hearing who won/lost each game.

If Miami wins, LeBron has something he can't make go away......HE knows, as we all do, that he TANKED the Boston series last year. He had an "elbow injury" that I believe to this day was bogus, didn't play to win & that will go to his grave with him.....a "cross to bear" that none of the REAL greats have to live with. I rejoice in the fact he killed his own legacy. The other thing I will rejoice in is that Gilbert, Cuban, et al WILL get their turn during the next CBA negotiations. Personally, there are two others I want to watch crawl....Stern & Patty boy. Believe me, what "Patty & the punks" orchestrated with the obvious blessings of Stern will result in changes that will negatively impact the rest of the players in the NBA. We'll see how much love there is for Bron & his bitches after the balance of NBA players see how a few selfish people stabbed the rest in the back. They aren't respected now, & I think it's gonna get worse for them.

Dan Gilbert reacted hastily & angrily, making unrealistic promises, but you have to love an Owner who says "The HELL with being politically correct". Mr Gilbert is the best thing to happen to Cleveland in a long time. Now Dan, PLEASE buy the Tribe & rename the ballpark "Feller Field" or something other than "Progressive Field??".

Mike

I'm with your there- the other owners will take steps to ensure a Superstar Posse will never again be allowed to happen. It's a joke the way things went down- teams dumping salary (in plain English) unloading decent players to take a shot at the free agent market. Tells me max contracts aren't going to be so max the next time around. Of course LeBum could give a rat's ass about that- makes enough in endorsement deals, he could play for free if he chose to do so.

Archived