THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's our basic problems - (two of 'em)

Orion

On Offense: We cannot get the defense blocked. - Part of it is players, part of it is scheme.

On Defense: We cannot get OFF of blocks.

Against the Steelers McCown was our leading rusher with 11 yards.

Bell had 146 against us.

Our guys are it at or before the LOS.

Their guy gets 5 yards before he's touched at all. 2nd and 9's were turned into first downs with just one run play.

the problem with this team is it's roster.

one above average WR in pryor and a perennial pro-bowl left tackle does not constitute a 'team' in the NFL.

where the fuck is ron wolf? hell i'd even pay for that windbag pollian if i were the owner.

Our team just sucks everywhere. I don't think you can boil it down to basic problems.

well, there is that...right through to the place kicking....but c'mon, you probably watched the game...the Steelers drove the ball right down the field on us. No problems getting first downs. 2nd and 9, just a running play needed for a 1st down. If they want to pass, they can do that cos our guys just dance with the OL. Nassib can do absolutely nothing out there.

While we're on offense, the D can run the same blitz all day. It works every time. It's brand new to our OL every time.

Erving: Freaking unbelievable...after drawing a holding penalty, he fakes HIMSELF out by double clutching the snap.

Another problem that has nothing to do with skill or scheme....HEART

While the team didn't appear to quit, it pisses me off that nobody retaliates after a cheap-shot or late hit personal foul. They should have went after Timmons after his hit on Kessler, and there were a few other instances.

Being beat because of a lack of talent is one thing. Don't let a division rival get away with disrespecting your team.

The defensive scheme is garbage also. Up until they blitzed on back to back 3rd downs they had NO pressure. They don't cover rb's at all. On 4th and 3 they drop coverage back to 6 yards. The RB has 5 yards before he has to make someone miss, and they usually do

You can keep saying the talent is lacking, and it is, but the coaches are NOT putting the guys in positions to make plays either

Another problem that has nothing to do with skill or scheme....HEART

Being beat because of a lack of talent is one thing. Don't let a division rival get away with disrespecting your team.

Yeah, there's that too. Most evident I think was when Tom Brady ran for a first down, into our bench, and did the 'First Down' thing with a yell. FROM OUR BENCH and NOBODY did anything. - I was quite disappointed in our 'team character' at that point.

What are all our WR's doing to get open? could lead too every QB we got to hold the ball? The last time we saw a guy just trust the route & throw it to the spot, Sorry to say it but JM & Benji for TD's. Tits & Raiders like week 3&5 last season? That's Just F'n :mad: THROW THE RECEIVER OPEN..ugg we got no QB to trust that. Great, 2 more problems

What are all our WR's doing to get open? could lead too every QB we got to hold the ball? The last time we saw a guy just trust the route & throw it to the spot, Sorry to say it but JM & Benji for TD's. Tits & Raiders like week 3&5 last season? That's Just F'n :mad: THROW THE RECEIVER OPEN..ugg we got no QB to trust that. Great, 2 more problems

Ya. There are 19 things wrong with our offense, and only 11 players to blame.

Z

I agree Pryor is more than anyone predicted! He gets open and fights for the 50/50 balls. So Hue plays McCown and gets Pryor killed!

Play Hogan the rest of the year! At this point who cares? Kessler holds onto to the ball and he's no Dak Prescott! At least Hogan can scramble!

But Hue won't play Hogan so there's absolutely no point in watching this joke any longer!

I agree Pryor is more than anyone predicted! He gets open and fights for the 50/50 balls. So Hue plays McCown and gets Pryor killed!

Play Hogan the rest of the year! At this point who cares? Kessler holds onto to the ball and he's no Dak Prescott! At least Hogan can scramble!

But Hue won't play Hogan so there's absolutely no point in watching this joke any longer!

What do you mean "No point?"

RG3 will be back after the bye week

You want to know our basic problem? A FUCKING QB! Without a QB capable of being consistently good week to week we'll never be relevant!

YOU KNOW WHATS REALLY SAD? BIG GAY has tied the FIRSTENERGY Stadium record for wins with today's cluster fuck!

I don't get sucked off enough, that's a problem. What this team has accomplished is nothing short of a disaster.

assuming we all knew this would be a down season....lets agree no one knew we'd suck this bad...

My biggest concerns are that the team is NOT improving or getting any better.....which is the one thing we were all supposed to banking on...and watching as the season progressed...

And.....even though they are getting massive opportunities to play....and, all at the expense of winning....the rookies are not seizing the moment.....none(zero) are excelling or showing strong....Ogbah looks decent.....the rest?.....not much so far....

so 1 is doing swell.....13 others are basically fair at best or totally floundering.....

these 2 things are definitely worrisome....

assuming we all knew this would be a down season....lets agree no one knew we'd suck this bad...

My biggest concerns are that the team is NOT improving or getting any better.....which is the one thing we were all supposed to banking on...and watching as the season progressed...

And.....even though they are getting massive opportunities to play....and, all at the expense of winning....the rookies are not seizing the moment.....none(zero) are excelling or showing strong....Ogbah looks decent.....the rest?.....not much so far....

so 1 is doing swell.....13 others are basically fair at best or totally floundering.....

these 2 things are definitely worrisome....

Its also worrisome that they kept all these bad rookies and let better players go.

I know they wanted to gut the team, it gives them more time in their jobs, but DAMN

Some better players wanted to go, refused to stay.

Some veterans weren't all in trying to win.

I see a young team with a lack of talent on the oline, secondary.

I like the offense structure, they don't have the players.

This defense won't work, even if they accumulate terrific first round draft picks

across the entire defense. It doesn't work - vanilla - the secondary is a sieve,

it needs a few fast star linebackers. The Browns loose zone is a pitch and catch

playground game. Gotta love Joe Haden, but I think he's lost a half-step maybe - he needs

help, and Kindred is a fine player, but young, and that's that. Nothing wrong with Hue, or the offense

staff. The defense doesnt make sense. Seems like it is progressively getting worse, as in, teams know

how to defeat it game after game...

although, it makes no sense to blitz because of a lack of talent. It's hopeless to defend the passing game.

Bout time to draft Adams or Hooker in the first round, a star lb, three cb's and a center. Irving, Paztor and

Greco can't be first string next year. Those three were a disaster. Worse. Truth is,

they also need to draft a big power rb. Duke is awesome, but fought like hell and had serious trouble

with the pass rush, with the qb's holding onto the ball forever.

and a qb. I still don't get RGIII, maybe he'll stay healthy and shine next year with three new players on the oline...

but I just don't know. I think if Trubisky was there in the second round, I'd serously consider getting him on the roster,

or some other qb that hasn't surfaced yet, may come to the NFL as a jr.

The Browns never quit, Shelton and the dline kicked some ass, the lb play was often slow, the secondary is toast

with some third string players starting...

Need some great FA signings and a great, 'nother smart draft. Kessler will turn out to be a good back up,

that's about it. McCown is a hero, tough guy, but he will retire. ?

The upsdie it, they play as a team, but their serious weaknesses in skill level overall are taken advantage of

in the second halves of games more and more.

Horton needs to hear a Hoo.

We are not the only ones upset with our OL. TP can't stand it anymore. Throws it on management.

http://deadspin.com/terrelle-pryor-calls-out-browns-offensive-line-after-co-1789196701

......wonder where he'll be playing next year.

Mudfly put it quite well. We were expecting that, at this later point of the season, we would start seeing our young players 'get the hang of it'. That isn't evident however. Not even on defense, where they get to play so much of the game.

The multitude of WR's we drafted have had little impact We're blaming our QB's for holding onto the ball too long...but are the receivers really to blame? (I think Kessler is a little slow to recognize that the receiver is open and misses opportunities also)

You want to know our basic problem? A FUCKING QB! Without a QB capable of being consistently good week to week we'll never be relevant!

YOU KNOW WHATS REALLY SAD? BIG GAY has tied the FIRSTENERGY Stadium record for wins with today's cluster fuck!

I don't get sucked off enough, that's a problem. What this team has accomplished is nothing short of a disaster.

He also grew up a Browns fan and actually wanted to be drafted by them, was pissed when he wasn't. He has been beating up on the Browns ever since. Maybe it is a sports curse, like the Curse of Rocky Colavito (Indians traded slugger in his prime, team sucked forever) ,Curse of the Bambino ( owner of the Red Sox needed money to invest in No No Nannette on Broadway, sold Babe Ruth to Yankees, Sox sucked forever) Curse of Syd Thrift (Pirates mgmt fired GM after he put together a decent team in a short time, Pirates sucked for years after), etc. Many examples of the sports gods punishing teams for doing stupid things.

(Sarcasm alert) Anyway the Browns have two first round picks next year. What could go wrong? (end sarcasm)

Archived