THE BROWNS BOARD

Would Belichick ever come back to Cleveland (to advise)

stillmotion

We all know after Art moved the Browns, Bill B became a legendary coach and his system led the patriots to many winning seasons. The coach works hard, and makes the people around him better. Bill LOVED Paul Brown, and cited him as one of his biggest inspirations. He also said how bad he felt that the players and the team had to leave Cleveland the way it went down. Maybe Bill has a place in his heart to come fix the mess the browns are in someday? Or do you think Kraft has him on lockdown as an advisor long after he retires in New England as a coach?

Maybe after I just watched an ESPN documentary on Paul Brown I'm in over my head, but would this even be a possibility someday? Or am I dreaming?

We all know after Art moved the Browns, Bill B became a legendary coach and his system led the patriots to many winning seasons. The coach works hard, and makes the people around him better. Bill LOVED Paul Brown, and cited him as one of his biggest inspirations. He also said how bad he felt that the players and the team had to leave Cleveland the way it went down. Maybe Bill has a place in his heart to come fix the mess the browns are in someday? Or do you think Kraft has him on lockdown as an advisor long after he retires in New England as a coach?

Maybe after I just watched an ESPN documentary on Paul Brown I'm in over my head, but would this even be a possibility someday? Or am I dreaming?

I adore your thinking! I wish our NEW Owner got a historical background and understanding of what Paul Brown put in motion here. Even Jim Brown looks back on Paul Brown with a much bigger appreciation today than he had when Art Modell was blowing ass breath in his ear. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before when we had a night game vrs Cincy where Jim Brown did a 2 minute pre-game introduction about Paul Brown (hailing Paul as one of the best ever). That was great to see. I hope when Jimmy is sitting next to Jimmy - Brown is giving him an earful about WHY they continued to win here in the cold weather Great Lake climate. The Dallas Cowboys got a lot of credit for borrowing the innovative scouting methods Paul Brown had in place for along time. The SF 49ers also got a lot of credit for the West Coast Offense he started. And the Pittsburgh Steelers looked to one of his messenger guards/pupils to finally map the winning tradition the Steel City had longed for. Long story short, Cleveland participated in 10 consecutive Pro Football Championship Games in 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 (inclusive of the NFL for the last 6) while winning 7. Has there ever been a better 10 year run in pro football?

I've watched 1 regime after another out-thinking themselves into forgetting the history and our Lake Erie climate. Run the ball down thy esophagus. The tradition that reeled me in was the history of Marion Motley, Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell to being old enough to witness Leroy Kelly. Then came Greg Pruitt who cracked in as a conference leading punt returner before he became a feature RB that could score from anywhere on the field. He was also one of the strongest guys in the league pound for pound to the extent he ran out of so many tear away jerseys the NFL had to ban them. Then we added Mike Pruitt out of Purdue before we later added Byner, Mack and Fontenot to frequent playoffs here in the 80s. Was there ever anything more adorable than watching Kevin Mack's shoulder pads telling Greg Lloyd "night night kid!" Bill Cowher's "get physical" pom pom speech abruptly ended with "get the smelling salts". Okay, it was also nice to see dirty football karma returned after Lambert cheap shotted Sipe way out of bounds. Not only did Turkey Jones double dribble Bradshaw of the hard turf; but our backup QB David Mays (who was also a Dentist) won the game. And not for nothing, does anyone remember where or how Lambert lost his 2 front teeth? I'm just sayin...

I gotta be honest, when our line was healthy except for Erving - who was running the ball better than Crow in the first 5-6 weeks? I think he had a 6.4 yards per carry at 1 point, which certainly didn't reflect badly on our line. We'll get Bitonio back healthy next year as well as the enormous upgrade to Erving we found off Washington's practice squad. Meanwhile, Drango is getting some experience above and beyond occasional reps at the end of an unbalanced line. Crow looks like everything we hoped Trent Richardson would be. I think we've witnessed, we have the ingredients for a running game if we can ever get some luck with keeping guys healthy on the line.

BB? No... BB does not play well with others... at least when it comes to running a franchise. Has to be the HMFWAIC...

Plus I have a feeling that he has to be contemplating his ride off into the sunset. And when he does he ain't looking back...

He was a jackass loser when he was here the first time, and hasn't grown

into enough of a human being to help the Browns. baloney on that idea.

Well at least u make sense on the football forum, theres that i guess.

Yeah i dont want belichick in cleveland. And frankly you all dont get that hevwould twar this mother up all over again and it would be 4-5 years before wevsaw anything. The guy would trade down for half a decade till he got the base he wanted. I srdlybwould rather just watch hue grow as HC here. No more armchair coaching, just let em be for 5 years. Let some kind of competetive foundation be built

He was a jackass loser when he was here the first time, and hasn't grown into enough of a human being to help the Browns. baloney on that idea.

Yeah that 4-year build to an 11-5 team really sucked...

As does the work of his charitable foundation... how dare he focus on his love of sports and coaching and education... and his father...

Throughout his career, Coach Belichick has been active in a wide array of charitable endeavors in New England, New York, Cleveland and beyond. Coach Belichick has been involved in the establishment of scholarship programs in New England, Maryland and Ohio. He has supported and participated in events to aid Wesleyan University, his alma mater, which established a full, four-year scholarship for incoming students, named the Belichick Scholarship.

Additionally, he has presented the Steve Belichick Award in conjunction with the Annapolis Touchdown Club. The award, presented in the name of Coach Belichick’s father, a longtime Naval Academy assistant coach, honors an Annapolis resident deeply involved in sports without seeking a spotlight for their achievements. Upon returning to New England in 2000, Belichick established an annual scholarship recognizing an outstanding student athlete at Annapolis High School.

http://billbelichickfoundation.org/

sure, he has a good side. it's the bad side that is disconcerting. I knew his good side would be brought up, it

balances out to him being mediocre scum.

Yeah Hitler and Bin Laden had a good side too I imagine.

sure, he has a good side. it's the bad side that is disconcerting. I knew his good side would be brought up, it

balances out to him being mediocre scum.

Sure you did... so then you must be ready for this:

... and the "bad side" is??? His contempt for MSM Sports reporters?

how about being such an arrogant asswipe, he dumped Kosar off the team because

Kosar changed his called play for a TD?

and his asswipe behavior about talking to fans via the media?

oh, let's just go further back....when the buttichek was a joke of a hc for.... wait for it...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/remember-when-bill-belichick-quit-as-hc-of-the-nyj-after-one-day/

The Patriots had a stable ownership, were a very pitiful football team, but had a lot of

very high first round picks for him to work with, so he went there and became successful

eventually. big whoopee.

Definitely his sense of fashion......garbage bags and old cut off sweats....blech.....he's a pig....;)

I sometimes wonder if that's the real BB or all an act for the media and cameras?

Hey he might have $4,000 Armani suits in his closet that he wears at home, who knows? :lol:

Well at least u make sense on the football forum, theres that i guess.

Yeah i dont want belichick in cleveland. And frankly you all dont get that hevwould twar this mother up all over again and it would be 4-5 years before wevsaw anything. The guy would trade down for half a decade till he got the base he wanted. I srdlybwould rather just watch hue grow as HC here. No more armchair coaching, just let em be for 5 years. Let some kind of competetive foundation be built

And people would be calling for his firing halfway through season 1.

how about being such an arrogant asswipe, he dumped Kosar off the team because

Kosar changed his called play for a TD?

and his asswipe behavior about talking to fans via the media?

oh, let's just go further back....when the buttichek was a joke of a hc for.... wait for it...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/remember-when-bill-belichick-quit-as-hc-of-the-nyj-after-one-day/

The Patriots had a stable ownership, were a very pitiful football team, but had a lot of

very high first round picks for him to work with, so he went there and became successful

eventually. big whoopee.

I was at the Seattle game the week after he pulled that shit seats on the 50 first row, I cussed his sorry ass the entire game

I could handle Bill being our cheater...

how about being such an arrogant asswipe, he dumped Kosar off the team because Kosar changed his called play for a TD? and his asswipe behavior about talking to fans via the media?

The Patriots had a stable ownership, were a very pitiful football team, but had a lot of very high first round picks for him to work with, so he went there and became successful eventually. big whoopee.

same personality as:

I loved Bernie, too, but Bill was right about Bernie. He was done. It wasn't one audible...

How is an HC supposed to talk to the fans? Conference call?

Did you actually read the CBS article? All of it? Or just the title... And the Pats lost a 1st round pick signing Bill away... that was in the article, too.

Yeah... "whoopee"... think of all that tiresome winning we've avoided under the leadership of a 1st ballot HOF HC...

Personality? Besides Butch who have we hired since '98 that had one? Hue shows signs, but he's no Butch. Before '95? Sam pretty much is the list.

Actually I'm sitting here trying to think of a personable HC currently in the league... Rexy? No thanks... Maybe Pete Carroll...

Past HC's? OA "Bum" Phillips tops the list...

On a list of the ten most important attributes for my ideal HC, fan-perceived personality would be #11... at best... and that's even if I could not come up with 10 others. Seriously, if he can't put a winning product on the field, then who gives a flying fuck about "personality"? If he produces a winner... then who would care if he had the personality of an eggplant?

Ability to relate to players? That would be on my list... pretty high, too.

Archived