THE BROWNS BOARD

We have to draft Bosa

WalterWhite

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bosa Bosa Bosa I remember how happy some of you were when we got Simon Frazier smh. The Draft is way off and we never draft anybody worth a warm cup of piss anyhow. But besides that you were one of the ones that wanted to suck Beanie Wellls cock and how did that end up for Wells? Sick of this every year how some of you think we should draft all Buckeyes.

If that was the case we would have all been clamoring for Cardale last year, ok there was a few but for the most part...most of us couldn't care less where a kid played. Like i've said, Bosa could have been playing for Michigan these last few years and tearing the Buckeyes up...i'd still want the Browns to take a hard look at drafting him. Like I utterly loathe Alabama, but wouldn't mind if we took Derrick Henry although I think Zeke is a better overall player. If it matter to you that a college kid played at some school you don't like, don't post here. We need talent on this team. Maybe Bosa doesn't work out for us I dunno, Courtney Brown didn't end up doing shit.

Difference with Bosa is that what makes me high on him doesn't show up on stats sheets. I like that kind of player. He stays in his lane, he doesn't over pursue...doesn't get caught upfield much. Just contrast that for a moment with our current pass rush. Think about this guys....our edge rushers as they currently are, spend almost the entire game rushing around the top of the QB. QB steps up and buys easily 2-3 more seconds. How many times have we seen that this year? I see it constantly. And it bothers me to no end that 1) our outside rushers cannot carve down the edge and 2) our inside guys can seemingly hardly ever make the QB pay for that.

We haven't had a guy on the Browns that takes the pass rushing angles that this Bosa kid is. Now obviously he has to still develop to be able to do that on Sundays for 16 weeks. But you get what i'm saying hopefully. He's a different kind of cat. He's not that pure edge rusher that just fires off the line and tries to track meet around the edge with more or less the same move down after down game after game. And you all have to admit his versatility is impressive. Was Wisconsin dropping Watt like Fickell sometimes does with Bosa? Not that I want to see Bosa standing at the line much nor running after slot receivers, i will choke someone in Berea for that if it happens, but the fact that he looks comfortable and fluid in space has got to have most of you thinking that he's worth that top pick. Again no one can say for sure whether he pans out, sometimes high level talent in college doesn't. But you can't pass on him. We passed on Watt, we passed on Mack, we passed on....i mean the list goes on. Doesn't mean we have to go BPA every single year but c'mon, we've got to start getting some real talent on this team.

Bosa Bosa Bosa I remember how happy some of you were when we got Simon Frazier smh. The Draft is way off and we never draft anybody worth a warm cup of piss anyhow. But besides that you were one of the ones that wanted to suck Beanie Wellls cock and how did that end up for Wells? Sick of this every year how some of you think we should draft all Buckeyes.

Pretty sure Bosa is predicted to be a top ten probably top five draft pick you lame brain

If that was the case we would have all been clamoring for Cardale last year, ok there was a few but for the most part...most of us couldn't care less where a kid played. Like i've said, Bosa could have been playing for Michigan these last few years and tearing the Buckeyes up...i'd still want the Browns to take a hard look at drafting him. Like I utterly loathe Alabama, but wouldn't mind if we took Derrick Henry although I think Zeke is a better overall player. If it matter to you that a college kid played at some school you don't like, don't post here. We need talent on this team. Maybe Bosa doesn't work out for us I dunno, Courtney Brown didn't end up doing shit.

Difference with Bosa is that what makes me high on him doesn't show up on stats sheets. I like that kind of player. He stays in his lane, he doesn't over pursue...doesn't get caught upfield much. Just contrast that for a moment with our current pass rush. Think about this guys....our edge rushers as they currently are, spend almost the entire game rushing around the top of the QB. QB steps up and buys easily 2-3 more seconds. How many times have we seen that this year? I see it constantly. And it bothers me to no end that 1) our outside rushers cannot carve down the edge and 2) our inside guys can seemingly hardly ever make the QB pay for that.

We haven't had a guy on the Browns that takes the pass rushing angles that this Bosa kid is. Now obviously he has to still develop to be able to do that on Sundays for 16 weeks. But you get what i'm saying hopefully. He's a different kind of cat. He's not that pure edge rusher that just fires off the line and tries to track meet around the edge with more or less the same move down after down game after game. And you all have to admit his versatility is impressive. Was Wisconsin dropping Watt like Fickell sometimes does with Bosa? Not that I want to see Bosa standing at the line much nor running after slot receivers, i will choke someone in Berea for that if it happens, but the fact that he looks comfortable and fluid in space has got to have most of you thinking that he's worth that top pick. Again no one can say for sure whether he pans out, sometimes high level talent in college doesn't. But you can't pass on him. We passed on Watt, we passed on Mack, we passed on....i mean the list goes on. Doesn't mean we have to go BPA every single year but c'mon, we've got to start getting some real talent on this team.

He had 2 really big plays that will have NFL scouts drooling. Having said that, he also had extended periods where we forgot he was out there like Tour was alluding to. 1 guy that never let us forget he was out there today was Zeke Elliott which means the offensive line deserves some big praise as well. Fun stuff today.

Here's the thing to keep in mind about an edge rush especially when/if the guy doesn't sack the QB - containment or turning the QB in toward pursuit remains very important throughout. Understanding that, a lot of DEs/OLBers (unless it's an x-stunt) are taught to get to the depth of the QB dropback to deliver the clamp and close kiss good night. Kruger gets burned constantly this year when he takes an angle and the QB gets outside of him. That gives pursuit 2 middle fingers. If he's gonna free lance or deviate with an inside angle - he better get the sack but his 2015 inventory shows that hasn't been happening very often.

My only issue with Bosa is that we're gonna have these threads nonstop for the next 6 months....already like the third one this week, right?

Ill probably hate him by draft day, just because Im so sick of hearing about him......(I'll call that Johnny Sideshow Syndrome)....

And, if we draft him, Ill love him again(provided he shows up).....

Of course, if we dont draft him, Ill hate him even more.....cause we will hear crying about it till the end of time (and then some)......

6 months till the draft.......6 loooooooong months.....

Been watching NO @ HOU as my primary early game. JJ Watt has been off the charts disruptive.

Watson has chipped on him all game and he is still beating Zack Strief, a good, journeyman RT like a rented mule.

Here's the thing to keep in mind about an edge rush especially when/if the guy doesn't sack the QB - containment or turning the QB in toward pursuit remains very important throughout. Understanding that, a lot of DEs/OLBers (unless it's an x-stunt) are taught to get to the depth of the QB dropback to deliver the clamp and close kiss good night. Kruger gets burned constantly this year when he takes an angle and the QB gets outside of him. That gives pursuit 2 middle fingers. If he's gonna free lance or deviate with an inside angle - he better get the sack but his 2015 inventory shows that hasn't been happening very often.

Yeah but what you're not apparently seeing is that Kruger is getting pushed, and quite easily, above the depth the !QB takes. It's been happening for 3 years. I don't want him to free lance inside either, have you seen what happens when he tries that? I get beside myself with rage when I see him stunt to the inside because he's incompetent at it. The tackle stacks him right into the DL next to him. Kruger literally disrupts the pass rush of the DL next to him because the tackle and guard just push the two rushers into each other.

No what i've been wanting out of Kruger for the past 3 years is to be able to carve down the edge. Right now his edge rush looks like steph curry trolling around 2 ft behind the NBA 3 pt line. For a clinic on how to attack a tackle's outside shoulder, watch JJ..or Clay....or Houston...or Mario blahblah. Plenty of guys can do it.

Beanie was always hurt, can't blame him for that, he went over 1,000 in 2011. If the Cards didn't take him, and we took him a few picks later instead of that POS Robiskie, then maybe we don't select Trent Richardson and instead take Luke Kuechly. You never know.

Bosa would be a pretty awesome candidate, no doubt about it. I haven't done any research on him, but I know he's got the size and skill set that we desperately covet. He also appears to be a good person and an extremely hard worker. Like Mud said, there are 6 loooooong months until the draft, and SO MUCH changes during that 6 months, that whatever the mocks say now, will be turned completely upside down come April.

Something tells me that Bosa's status won't change much though. He appears to be everything an NFL team would want.

Archived