THE BROWNS BOARD

Nate Orchard is a bust.

WalterWhite

Of course, once Vag posts, it becomes a Steelers thread...

"And the circle it goes round and round... and the painted pony goes up and down..."

I was just wondering what LB FAs were still out there.

Slim pickings at OLB: Quentin Groves maybe?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2015/ufa/outside-linebacker/available/

Slightly better at ILB...

Joe was an ILB in HOU... not sure how that helps unless someone (Kirksey?) is moving outside to back fill for Solomon while he's hurt.

And is Solomon done? Goes to IR to open the roster spot?

Groves couldn't even make the team in 2013. Doubt he could now. I would have loved to take a shot at Mason Foster, I think he's a solid, young FA that could have helped with depth and even cracked the starting spot over Robertson.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big difference between "decent character/team oriented/wants to win..."

and "ignorant ass pothead who doesn't give a frak".

I'll take the "boy scout"...

you take the latter.

We'll see who stays out of trouble, and helps a team win, and is actually

not suspended again and again.

you take the latter.

Yeah, he's sure been a detriment to them thus far.

this?

No, but might have helped you had I gotten the lyric right...

"And the seasons they go round and round... and the painted pony goes up and down..."

2. Nate Orchardicon-article-link.gif makes biggest impact yet, especially on two key plays

Second-round rookie Nate Orchard logged 43 snaps Sunday, the second-most of any Browns linebacker behind Karlos Dansbyicon-article-link.gif, who played all of them. The reasoning, Pettine said, centered on how the staff paired its outside linebackers in different packages. That meant more snaps for Orchard and Armonty Bryanticon-article-link.gif and less for Paul Krugericon-article-link.gif and Barkevious Mingoicon-article-link.gif.

“When we make a personnel call, certain guys are assigned to it and they go on the field,” Pettine said. “Nate was certainly a guy we felt like we wanted to get out there some more.”

Orchard’s impact was significant late in the game, as he came up big on two key plays. On Baltimore’s two-point conversion attempt late in the fourth quarter, he helped disrupt running back Justin Forsett’s route, which ultimately derailed the play. When the Ravens faced third-and-goal and had a chance to take a lead with less than a minute to play, Orchard provided heavy pressure on quarterback Joe Flacco, who threw a bad pass off his back foot.

More plays like this out of the Browns rookie would certainly help a defense that is still looking for answers five weeks into the season.

you take the latter.

Potheads have more talent. Von Miller is a pothead. Kruger is a Boy Scout. If you can get both, great. If you can only get one, talent is far more important.

Quit referring to Josh Gordon as a "pothead"... it's disturbing that fans don't know the facts.

Since joining the NFL, he has failed 1 fucking drug test for WEED! ONE! And that was by the smallest second hand margin recordable.

He failed his first one for medicine that you and I would be able to take. It was prescribed by his doctor for his strep-throat.

And the last one was for the same thing 60,000 fans are going to be doing at FirstEnergy Stadium this weekend.

Get over yourself.

Until he breaks free from his self-destructive, lack of self discipline behavior...

he's a pothead that failed to stay away from it back in college.

We don't know if it was second hand smoke, or something he took to negate

the test as much as possible.

60,000 fans didn't fail three marijuana tests in college.

He has a history that caught up with him in the pros.

0270d950d597ba50a5be782e67c3c300.jpg

So if you rape, beat women, punch out your wife, or kill dogs ... you get a second chnce in the NFL, but if you dont abide with their rules against alcohol and pot, but never harm a hair on another person ... you are trash and can't play.

Ok, got it.

Z

this has been going on for years. the alcohol and drug thing (mj) in the nfl is ridiculous.

i think it was the poster 'unsympathetic' a couple of years ago who called me out asking if i never went to work cringing from a terrible hangover where you knew you would be of no help to anyone that day and people would likely find you under your desk sleeping like george costanza in the yankee FO.

well i lied and i have slept underneath my desk BUT i never drive if i drink. i don't stalk my ex's. i don't look at another creature and decide i want to smash it's skull in.

Since joining the NFL, he has failed 1 fucking drug test for WEED! ONE! And that was by the smallest second hand margin recordable.

He failed his first one for medicine that you and I would be able to take. It was prescribed by his doctor for his strep-throat.

And the last one was for the same thing 60,000 fans are going to be doing at FirstEnergy Stadium this weekend.

Get over yourself.

^^ brainwashed apologist

So if you rape, beat women, punch out your wife, or kill dogs ... you get a second chnce in the NFL, but if you dont abide with their rules against alcohol and pot, but never harm a hair on another person ... you are trash and can't play.

Ok, got it.

Z

this isn't a moral dillemma. if i wrote the laws i'd agree, violent crime is reprehensible by comparison.

regardless of the FACT marijuana cures cancer and was prescribed for over 300 ailments a century ago, although highly unconstitutional it's still a Schedule I federally right up there w Heroin and Crack. that's the brakes for now. want change? get off your ass and go canvas door to door.

fun fact: until Rocky Racoon's Big Oil goons paid him a tense midnight visit, the Model T was initially intended by Ford to be run on hemp oil, along with the body of the vehicle to be made of cellulose from the plant as well. pretty cool and a much cooler dude than most everyone realizes. the Model T got 23-25 mpg btw...how far we've come.

Get over yourself.

I didnt know life began once one joins the NFL.

If that's the case, none of us have ever lived.

the FACT marijuana cures cancer

OK, I'll bite.. What's the mechanism by which this occurs?

the Model T was initially intended by Ford to be run on hemp oil, along with the body of the vehicle to be made of cellulose from the plant as well.

1) Really? Or is the fill within the plastic proposed to be made of things including soybean, hemp and ramie as well as other strong fibers? He didn't propose 100% hemp

2) Hemp oil doesn't exist.. there isn't a practical way to produce ethanol from hemp, at least not yet. I think you mean bio-diesel.

High Times may be many things, but a source of truth it is not.

Get over yourself.

He's a reefer ghetto punk.

Drugs affect performance. Wife-beating and raping do not. The NFL only cares about keeping bad people off the field insofar as fans choose to act outraged about it. It is much more concerned with making sure guys can perform at a high level. IMO, there's no comparison.

1) Really? Or is the fill within the plastic proposed to be made of things including soybean, hemp and ramie as well as other strong fibers? He didn't propose 100% hemp

2) Hemp oil doesn't exist.. there isn't a practical way to produce ethanol from hemp, at least not yet. I think you mean bio-diesel.

here's a good start. then google RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) and phoenix tears. more here.

over 1,000 stage fours treated now at a single location i will not disclose here, and not a single one has died in 6 years. at the very minimum their quality of life is very good with no chronic pain. there's some direction but being the football side of the board i won't do your research for you here.

1) splitting hairs. his composition was proprietary regardless of what I say. it was an off topic anecdote intended to be brief, apologies for not being entirely concise. again, look it up if you care.

2) you are clearly ignorant on this subject. pressed hemp seed oil has existed for centuries, just like peanut oil it was also capable of being powered by. ethanol lacks lubrication and rapidly wears out internal combustion engines, just like gasoline does. when i said hemp oil i meant it. think it won't burn? you're mistaken if so. just like EVOO or coconut oil or animal fat etc, it'll all ignite. today's engines are not designed for it--which in present day bio diesel helps bridge--but Ford's early engines were. turn off the MSM and dig a little if you want to know more.

High Times? that's your offering?? you forgot to mention reefer madness (!). ha!

seriously though, that's almost hilarious, and sadly you are entirely typical. the info is out there and change is coming...albeit slowly. your link points to his work in 1941, the hemp concept predates this by 30 plus years. in fact it predates the Model T as well.

Drugs affect performance. Wife-beating and raping do not. The NFL only cares about keeping bad people off the field insofar as fans choose to act outraged about it. It is much more concerned with making sure guys can perform at a high level. IMO, there's no comparison.

Yup, sad but true. The 'war on drugs' thing, with government propaganda portraying drug users as the scum of society, has stigmatised drug users to the point that fans are (or were, at least) more outraged by drug use/abuse than the other things.

Marijuana doesn't directly cure cancer, although with certain cancers there is some research being done that it does in fact directly affect those cells. The beneficial aspects of marijuana are it's anti inflammatory properties. Cancer cannot exist in a non inflammatory state. This of course leads people to conclude that you can go on living your regular lifestyle but smoke pot and it'll all be fine. Rubbish of course. Marijuana is a tool, an aid...not a miracle cure.

I actually believe that this brain problem that players have after leaving the game would be greatly diminished if they were allowed access to marijuana, especially oils and extracts which are far more potent and beneficial than the burning of the leaf. That brain problem is the result of built up inflammation over years of hitting. Most of these guys have been playing non stop football since their HS days. So even guys that were in the NFL for just a few years, they still have it. Smoking once you're done with football, by itself, isn't going to impact that buildup much unless you vastly change other aspects of your lifestyle. Which at the point when these guys retire, they're often flush with cash which is burnin a hole in their pocket. So not gonna happen.

Marijuana doesn't directly cure cancer, although with certain cancers there is some research being done that it does in fact directly affect those cells. The beneficial aspects of marijuana are it's anti inflammatory properties. Cancer cannot exist in a non inflammatory state. This of course leads people to conclude that you can go on living your regular lifestyle but smoke pot and it'll all be fine. Rubbish of course. Marijuana is a tool, an aid...not a miracle cure.

I actually believe that this brain problem that players have after leaving the game would be greatly diminished if they were allowed access to marijuana, especially oils and extracts which are far more potent and beneficial than the burning of the leaf. That brain problem is the result of built up inflammation over years of hitting. Most of these guys have been playing non stop football since their HS days. So even guys that were in the NFL for just a few years, they still have it. Smoking once you're done with football, by itself, isn't going to impact that buildup much unless you vastly change other aspects of your lifestyle. Which at the point when these guys retire, they're often flush with cash which is burnin a hole in their pocket. So not gonna happen.

it actually is a miracle cure, and time will prove it to the doubters of the world. saying cannabis helps with inflammation is like saying water just helps quench your thirst...you could not understate its full potential more. it may not work 100% of the time on 100% of what ails everyone, but it's as close to a legit snake oil medicine that's ever existed. for some it's even regrown their hair on their head, no shit. we require it. we have cannibinoid receptors in our body. we were meant to receive it and without it we get sick, hence the schedule 1 designation. it's partly about population control and partly about Big Pharma's grip...but i digress.

shelf the flower combustion talk, that hasn't been considered as a viable option since the 90's and was pure propaganda then. who smokes bowls or blunts anymore anyway? vapes have been en vogue for about 5 years now and are the current novelty for recreation, but medicinally there are far more effective ways to introduce it into our bodies, like the transdermal patches for example. Mary's Medicinals is making huge strides every day in that regard, and i know personally that the patches work for a shit ton of people who were previously suffering.

research endocannabinoids. the answer lies within.

Archived