THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Free Agents

darren15

TOP Unrestricted FAs per Walter Football:

1. Kevin Zeitler, G, Bengals. Age: 27.

3. T.J. Lang, G, Packers. Age: 29.

4. A.J. Bouye, CB, Texans. Age: 26.

7. Brandon Williams, NT, Ravens. Age: 28.

9. Logan Ryan, CB, Patriots. Age: 26.

11. Terrelle Pryor, WR, Browns. Age: 28.

Is it just me or does it seem like all but 2-3 of these guys could be useful to the Browns to fill holes?

gotta' start somewhere..either G..either CB but Brandon Williams & Bouye properly stay home with new deal with their team. Hue may have ties to Zeitler, but Zeitler stated he loves playing with Bengals & OL coach's on nflradio. for what that's worth.10 days till FA dumpster Diving begins :P Cus it's what we do

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will be shocked if the browns spent big money on more than 2 players including Pryor. They already re-signed collins. Plus, if they go after an offensive lineman such as Ziegler, next year they are going to have to pay at least that to Bitino. That could be a TON of money tied up in the offensive line. Personally, I think the line just needs to get healthy. The only player who played every game was Thomas. As opposed to Atlanta where not a single guy missed a game on that line. It makes a huge difference. I would like to see them resign Pastor because he is a solid option. Also, go defense in FA such as Hankins and Jefferson

i will be shocked if the browns spent big money on more than 2 players including Pryor. They already re-signed collins. Plus, if they go after an offensive lineman such as Ziegler, next year they are going to have to pay at least that to Bitino. That could be a TON of money tied up in the offensive line. Personally, I think the line just needs to get healthy. The only player who played every game was Thomas. As opposed to Atlanta where not a single guy missed a game on that line. It makes a huge difference. I would like to see them resign Pastor because he is a solid option. Also, go defense in FA such as Hankins and Jefferson

Ditto... on both the signings and the OL. Paz did start every game.

We're still assembling pieces through the draft... still plugging holes. We made a splash with Collins. We might have one more in us, but I look more for a value signing or two along the lines of TJ McDonald and maybe Nick Fairley. One name that popped out of the list in the linked NFL.com article is Micah Hyde.

Welcome to the Forum...

Aiken? Really.?

Was a nice Fantasy p/u in 2015, but otherwise his career has been undistinguished. Not seeing the fit given our 2016 youth movement.

Not sure if I'd go after either Zeitler or Warford, but the money seems available.

Not sure if Campbell is worth it due to his age, but he's sure good. Cards franchised Chandler Jones so no team restrictions exist.

Hightower - always injured

Sign Tretter for C competency?

I just seen where Tampa offered Glennon to be the highest paid backup and he turned it down to try to be a starter somewhere. Anyone see him play? Would he be a fit here?

steelers interested in pryor that would suck

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Steelers are interested in free agent Terrelle Pryor.

They join the Giants, 49ers, Titans and Eagles, whose interest Mary Kay Cabot reported earlier on Monday. The Steelers definitely need help behind Antonio Brown — and a big target — but have limited cap space. Pittsburgh also drafts wideouts as well as any team in the league. A return to his hometown seems unlikely for Pryor.

steelers interested in pryor that would suck

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Steelers are interested in free agent Terrelle Pryor.

They join the Giants, 49ers, Titans and Eagles, whose interest Mary Kay Cabot reported earlier on Monday. The Steelers definitely need help behind Antonio Brown — and a big target — but have limited cap space. Pittsburgh also drafts wideouts as well as any team in the league. A return to his hometown seems unlikely for Pryor.

Any team with a need at WR would likely take a look at him

Would not mind this

Chargers releasing former first-round draft choice D.J. Fluker, per source. One more good OL added to free-agent crop. Plays T/G.

If he is good...why are Chargers letting him go? Cap move?

According to OverTheCap.com releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Fluker will free up $8,821,000 of available cap space while creating no dead money.

In 2016, Fluker appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and was rated by Pro Football Focus as the No. 54 guard out of 72 qualifying players.

OK, I am not sure that the 54th OG is all that good. They may want to stick with Drango etc.

Zeitler would be a better choice to go after.

Fair to say?

OK, I am not sure that the 54th OG is all that good. They may want to stick with Drango etc.

Zeitler would be a better choice to go after.

Fair to say?

I would agree, Cyprien on the other hand was ranked 7th of all NFL safeties. At only 26 I can definitely see us having interest in him, would be an immediate upgrade.

Cyprien, Zeitler, and Hightower would be nice additions. One of the underperformers (Fluker, Jockel, Warmack) would be interesting if only to get some good competition churning along the OL.

Though he played RG, Fluker can conceivably play RT...I'm fairly sure he was drafted as a T.

Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

Adding Fluker/Joeckel and Zeitler and keeping Erving at C would give us a starting lineup of four first round picks and a second round pick....which should conceivably shut up the "we need to invest early and often in the offensive line" group up.

ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

ummmmm... not liking your chances there, TC...

I know, I was being sarcastic.

I was really only saying that show that the first round draft designation doesn't mean jack shit for offensive linemen. There's four first round, sub 26 year old offensive linemen available in free agency this year....yet I bet we'll hear next year how we need to draft two offensive linemen with our first two picks.

We don't need to spend high picks on OL. We need to spend the RIGHT picks on OL and give them a chance to play together for more than two games. And this is coming from a former offensive lineman.

I know, I was being sarcastic.

I was really only saying that show that the first round draft designation doesn't mean jack shit for offensive linemen. There's four first round, sub 26 year old offensive linemen available in free agency this year....yet I bet we'll hear next year how we need to draft two offensive linemen with our first two picks.

We don't need to spend high picks on OL. We need to spend the RIGHT picks on OL and give them a chance to play together for more than two games. And this is coming from a former offensive lineman.

See one of my previous Trivia questions.....in the past the Browns got pretty good value in what now would be late round picks: Dieken/Risien/Baab guys we took in the 5th to 7th rounds.

Again....the Ghoolie theory?

Rams in discussions with 2 teams to trade CB Trumaine Johnson ....Greg Williams pushing this ?

Was just going to post this news...

If I am us, then I wait a year for his next FA approach.

Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

And we should be.This guy kills us every time we see him.Good hands & can step up in hole at blitz-er

I hope it's not us in for Tru Johnson, we have decent pretty money tied up in Haden and Taylor there already and this corner class looks very strong. Matt Miller's number one CB is Walter football's number eight for instance, there's going to be more than one good option there at #33.

I'd say we're going to be very aggressive in acquiring help for our secondary. I'm not sure we can pull the top CB, as he'll be extremely expensive AND he can more or less pick where he'll want to go. However, the Jags' safety Cyprien is an interesting option. He won't be any type of "savior" or anything, but he appears to be an instant upgrade for us. I'm also guessing a highly rated CB will slip out of the first round, and I'm guessing we'll pick one up at pick 33 if we don't trade back into first round for a QB.

Adam Schefter says we are very interested in signing Ravens full back Kyle Juszczyk...

Long Snappers, punter, fullback. We could have the three most important positions on the team locked up!!! :lol:

But...I would be glad about Jusz (can we just call him that instead of trying to spell that name?) He went to Cloverleaf HS right here in Medina County....next to where I live.

But also...you know why our FO is hot to go after him? He's a Harvard grad...so naturally.

Archived