THE BROWNS BOARD

BronBron IS back

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont think he will come back. From here on out, he will be chasing titles. As stands right now, Wade has 1 more then him. Lebron needs 5 more to beat Jordan, and Lebron will be 30 in Dec. So he has maybe 5 good years left to do it. Its about rings fella's. Maybe he see's the new coach as being a good hire and Joins. From what I heard is that is the big 3 all opt out and take a 4 mil cut that would be able to sign Melo. By Jul 10, which I belive is 4 years to the day "The Decision" happend, you will know where he will be.

say all you want there is something about returning home to your roots and being the man. if you truly believe it's all about chasing titles then no, he won't come back.

BUT

if it's about bringing one title to the cavs before he retires, then yes i think he does come back, whenever that may be.

everyone has already labeled him the best player in the world. what is a couple more titles in miami going to do for him, or having to team up with another superstar veteran to do it? wouldn't it be a greater achievement to do it on your home turf with maybe another guy and some kids? i mean he left in the first place because he realized he couldn't win it by himself. then he won it. don't you think that gnaws at him still that he had to rely on wade and bosch (hmm) to do it?

Manziel needs to make the call. Get Lebron to come home and let's get Cleveland roaring again.

I hope he comes back. Anyone that doesn't want him back STILL has sand in their vagina. They're the dumbasses that burned jerseys in the street because a player left town. "Oh, but it was the way he did it". Ugh, get over it. Didn't that special raise money for god causes anyway?

Come back Lebron. Bring us a championship

Not that I don't want him back- it's just that it won't ever be the same. Oh thank you, thank you almighty King James for gracing us again with your presence. Your ex dumps you for some stud, and after 4 years comes crawling back? Sorry, don't care how hot she is, she can pound sand up her twat for all I care. Maybe I do take her back because she's got a ton of money now, and I don't. But I really could give a shit about HER anymore.

Then again, maybe he's come to realize what a lot of said when he left- "one in Cleveland is worth 10 in Miami".

Watching that playoff game, and watching James sandbag his play and give up...

like that old boxing "no mas". Now, it's "no mas" in Miami? No thanks. But I'm not

much of a fan of pro basketball, anyways.

The days of Michael Jordan taking four steps to the basket..never a whistle... and what's his name elbowing

Mark Price in the face... nah. I gave up on it for the most part.

problem with that picture is.........where's the ocean?

hope he does come back. i think that he doesn't want to go down in cleveland history as a deserter. it would take a lot.

and fuck carmelo anthony.

bath, ohio might be nice and tranquil but it ain't no south beach.

OK,...yes, right. South Beach is a place to go party and go on vacation to. Bath, Ohio is much better for living your life and raising your children. Whatever LeBron is otherwise, he is a pretty well grounded person when it comes to his family.

say all you want there is something about returning home to your roots and being the man. if you truly believe it's all about chasing titles then no, he won't come back.

BUT

if it's about bringing one title to the cavs before he retires, then yes i think he does come back, whenever that may be.

everyone has already labeled him the best player in the world. what is a couple more titles in miami going to do for him, or having to team up with another superstar veteran to do it? wouldn't it be a greater achievement to do it on your home turf with maybe another guy and some kids? i mean he left in the first place because he realized he couldn't win it by himself. then he won it. don't you think that gnaws at him still that he had to rely on wade and bosch (hmm) to do it?

One title earned as a Cavalier would be worth 5 earned anywhere else. But I agree that he will be chasing rings. But for his legacy he may go down as the biggest mercenary since Eric Prince and his Blackwater group.

The other question is: we know he is a quitter. He quit on us once. It sounds like he is quitting on Miami now. If he came here what is to believe that he would not just quit again. Everything in his personality and history says that is exactly what he would do.

as an outsider i think he has to go back to Cleveland and the Cavs need to re-brand.

if he stays in Miami, i think people still see the man in black. the guy who chose the easy way and ordered an umbrella in his drink.

if he goes someone else he just looks like a rice cake who views representation as nothing more than what color his laundry is.

but if he goes back to Cleveland...

hes the mature grown man who's learned from his youth. who wants to roll up his sleeves and help lift those around him. who wants the challenge and the responsibility of being... yea, i'll say it, a king.

He publicly orders the Cavs to change the home jerseys, taking off the word Cavaliers and replacing it with the word Cleveland so it is clear who he plays every single game for.

I can't see any other way, but I'm just a guy on the internet...

The mercenary league as rep'd by LaBron and Wade and Bosh just leaves me cold. The only positive it brings is that beating a mercenary team is sweeter.

Miami can keep the lot of them.

as an outsider i think he has to go back to Cleveland and the Cavs need to re-brand.

What do you mean by "re-brand"? The Cavs did a bunch of "rebranding" over the years.... The rebranding they need is to start winning...and getting very high draft choices to start playing up to their draft status. This team will have on it come training camp: Three #1 overall picks, and 2 #4 overall picks.....none of whom are named LeBron James.

if he stays in Miami, i think people still see the man in black. the guy who chose the easy way and ordered an umbrella in his drink.

if he goes someone else he just looks like a rice cake who views representation as nothing more than what color his laundry is.

To quote the Framily Hampster "I don't know where to go with that". Those tacos aren't going to eat themselves.

rebranding as in new imagery from when he played their the first time. new logo, new uniform. mark a change so it feels new and different from he first time. a visual display of the evolution.

might be a good idea to visit past imagery, a return to the past, pre-lebron days; it's new but in touch with the past.

something like this

is1scl749lfi2dtl89718ytbs.gifkkr5ha86ligkazgaebwg8ssjx.gif

of course, made modern.

but simple & Cleveland on both jerseys

just my thoughts on how i would handle this.

rebranding as in new imagery from when he played their the first time. new logo, new uniform. mark a change so it feels new and different from he first time. a visual display of the evolution.

might be a good idea to visit past imagery, a return to the past, pre-lebron days; it's new but in touch with the past.

something like this

is1scl749lfi2dtl89718ytbs.gifkkr5ha86ligkazgaebwg8ssjx.gif

of course, made modern.

but simple & Cleveland on both jerseys

just my thoughts on how i would handle this.

The Cavs have already completely altered their jersies twice since LeBron left... I'm not so sure they will be doing it again this year.

I don't care if they wear neon pink and green jerseys as long as they win.

this is a browns board, why is this here? I'm really nonplussed whether he comes back or not. But I will respect him a little more if he just quietly goes about his business informing the league where he's going, be it here or somewhere else...and does it on the first day of free agency. If he drags this shit on all summer he's the same doosh bag he was 4 years ago and he can stay in Miami. I know I said we shouldn't be talking about this so the only reason I am is because I would LOVE for LeBron to come back and on his first day driving through the city he gets to see them putting up JF face on the side of the building where his used to be. That would be a degree of awesome not seen in professional sports for some time.

this is a browns board, why is this here? I'm really nonplussed whether he comes back or not. But I will respect him a little more if he just quietly goes about his business informing the league where he's going, be it here or somewhere else...and does it on the first day of free agency. If he drags this shit on all summer he's the same doosh bag he was 4 years ago and he can stay in Miami. I know I said we shouldn't be talking about this so the only reason I am is because I would LOVE for LeBron to come back and on his first day driving through the city he gets to see them putting up JF face on the side of the building where his used to be. That would be a degree of awesome not seen in professional sports for some time.

For the same reason there's a beer thread going on- it's the slow season. You should have been here during the "Dark Years" 3 seasons of no Browns football- we chatted about most anything. :)

Some of you guys are crazy. Why in the hell would he want to come back? The guy was crucified when he left and when he was here many people claimed he choked and quit on his team, and the current owner had his little speech on the matter. I think the fans saying he quit on his team was the reason he left as he did.

Get over it, he isn't going to come back to Cleveland. The only way he plays in Cleveland is when his team visits.

Some of you guys are crazy. Why in the hell would he want to come back?

Because he loves his home town. You gotta live in Akron to get it I guess. ^_^

The guy was crucified when he left and when he was here many people claimed he choked and quit on his team,

Which he did in fact do.

and the current owner had his little speech on the matter.

LeBron should grow up and get the fuck over it.

I think the fans saying he quit on his team was the reason he left as he did.

I know for a fact that that is not at all true. First off, because what the fans said had elements of truth in it....and LeBron knows it.

Secondly, he was all about chasing the ring, and thought that teaming up with Bosh and Wade was the way to get it. The problem, somewhat, was that he had ample opportunity to recruit Bosh to play here, but Wade was locked into Miami. So essentially both James and Bosh allowed Wade's situation dictate where they would play, because they did want to team up and the only place they could go to do so was Miami where Wade was under contract.

Not the case now....but now, the only reason LeBron may stay in Miami is out of some loyalty to those other two guys.....but even that could go by the wayside (the way his loyalty to Cleveland did), if he felt there was no future in Miami, and that the grass will be greener elsewhere, which it probably will be.

Get over it, he isn't going to come back to Cleveland. The only way he plays in Cleveland is when his team visits.

LeBron could come back to Cleveland....if the circumstances were right, and those circumstances involve the state of the Cavs roster.....of which there are positives.

Start with Kyrie......LeBron has never played with a PG as good as Kyrie. Next is who could be that 3rd "star"? If the Cavs go Kevin Love, that would be a seriously high value poker chip....but word is that Love does not want to sign an extension anywhere...that he was to go FA after next year. Then the question is: could that third star be a rookie like Wiggins or Parker. The answer: probably not, because they are unproven and even if they are great, their timetable for development would not fit LeBron's timetable for winning championships.

The other factor that Cleveland has in its favor?: Legacy. Other than staying in Miami, the only other place LeBron could move to that would not harm his legacy by having him labeled an absolute mercenary is Cleveland. Unfinished business.....going home, all that would be the only move he could make where he would not just be labelled a gun for hire, a basketball whore. Not LA, NY, Chicago, Houston, etc. etc. etc. would provide that.

To not be labelled a basketball whore by everyone but the national media....who would love him for playing in a huge market like LA/NY/Chic....only staying in Miami or coming home to Cleveland would avoid that.

The prodigal son has repented and is coming back to his roots. Sure, his departure modus operandi pissed many us off and some will take that axe to the grave with them. Me? I say what

twenty something year old kid hasn't taken bad advice and showed his ass. The quickest path to a Cavalier world championship has Lebron driving the train

Now get the fuck over it and "go home and get your shoeshine kit".

The prodigal son has repented and is coming back to his roots. Sure, his departure modus operandi pissed many us off and some will take that axe to the grave with them. Me? I say what

twenty something year old kid hasn't taken bad advice and showed his ass. The quickest path to a Cavalier world championship has Lebron driving the train

Now get the fuck over it and "go home and get your shoeshine kit".

Not sure who you are talking to....I assume me.

You guys can cling to what you want. I don't have a problem with Bron back in Cleveland. Before he left and the decision hadn't been made, I said he'd be dumb to not leave. We obviously couldn't figure out how to win with the best player in the league. My only beef with Bron was "The Decision", and know that wasn't totally his idea.

Bron isn't headed back to Cleveland until the next time his team plays there. If I am wrong....cool..2-3 rounds of drinks are on me. If not, you don't owe me shit unless you feel like it.

I don't shine shoes. I wear walking shoes, sandals, and some dress shoes on occasion. When they get to the point of needing a shine, I buy a new pair.

i'm with you, but we aren't in that demographic that just wants to party at the biggest clubs and go make headlines blinged out with rappers, QBs and bikini-clad women.

shiaat. maybe i am in that demographic.

To be fair LeBron isn't in that demographic either. You never hear about him out partying. By all accounts he keeps a low profile. Johnny Manziel on the other hand...

Dont think he will come back. From here on out, he will be chasing titles. As stands right now, Wade has 1 more then him. Lebron needs 5 more to beat Jordan, and Lebron will be 30 in Dec. So he has maybe 5 good years left to do it. Its about rings fella's. Maybe he see's the new coach as being a good hire and Joins. From what I heard is that is the big 3 all opt out and take a 4 mil cut that would be able to sign Melo. By Jul 10, which I belive is 4 years to the day "The Decision" happend, you will know where he will be.

Hah- you think Camello will want to be the 4th member of the posse? Not too dam likely. He's going to want a max contract. + I think LeBron realizes two things- he's not going to catch Jordan on rings, and regardless of your supporting cast- it's not as easy as you think it is to win Championships. Yeah LeQuit- I well remember the fireworks show in South Beach when you and your pals sat on the stage and rattled off how many Championships you were going to win- it sure as hell won't be six, with a crippled Wade.

The mercenary league as rep'd by LaBron and Wade and Bosh just leaves me cold. The only positive it brings is that beating a mercenary team is sweeter.

Miami can keep the lot of them.

The mercenaries are done- LeBum knows it- why he opted out. I'm sure Wade and Bosh f**king begged him to stay- because they know they're toast without him- and maybe even with him.

Some of you guys are crazy. Why in the hell would he want to come back? The guy was crucified when he left and when he was here many people claimed he choked and quit on his team, and the current owner had his little speech on the matter. I think the fans saying he quit on his team was the reason he left as he did.

He not only "choked"- he threw the game against the Celtics, IMHO. Knew if the Cavs won, he'd be virtually forced to stay- remember the most cockamamie wrong hand free throw attempt I've ever seen? I was hoping he'd rip off his Heat jersey after the Spurs (thankfully) beat them just like he did after blowing the game against Boston.

Get this 'Peen. Le Bron, Wiggins, Love, and Irving would beat the Cheat with LeBron, Wade and Bosh 7 times out of 10- at least. Love already said he'll sign an extension with the Cavs- IF they can get Le Bron back.

+ the pigeons came home to roost- those Cheat max contracts give them about zero wiggle room to fill out the roster. "The Big Three" are going to have to become "The Big Free" if they want to sign anyone else.

After today's draft- I will have to change my mind- for this reason.

Question. Who is the REAL GM of the Miami Heat?

Hint: It isn't Pat Reilly.

i don't know if he goes back to cleve or not.....just think it would be the most amazing PR move in sports that has hit the pages since his blunderous 'decision'.

i also don't know what this draft has done to better the odds in it happening. love and lebron on the same squad would be awesome, just keep carmelo the F away. he's a ball hog and a pariah.

Anything is possible... But lets really look at this.. I really think for once..The Cavs got it right with the hiring of David Griffin and David Blatt. I think regardless if LeQuit comes back or not.. I feel this team is moving in the right direction as opposed to past regimes. For the first time..I get the sense this team feels like a real NBA team with better FO and HC on the same page..Why they even brought Mike Brown back was a head scratcher... He stinks as a HC.

I really think for once..The Cavs got it right with the hiring of David Griffin and David Blatt.

It does feel right doesn't it? Kinda like a certain NFL team's staff moves...

Archived