THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs

Zombo

The Sixers "won't" take Joel Embiid if he's available with the third pick, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The reasoning here is due to his ailing back, which is a massive red flag for the big man. Although, he was spectacular in workouts last week and many draft pundits have proclaimed he's the best prospect in this year's class. If he does fall out of the top three, it would be a surprise.

seems some teams still are afraid of his back issues

While that shoots my trade with the 76ers down (a long shot at best I'll admit) I don't believe it's due to the potential injury risk. They drafted Noel last year to be their center of the future. I would personally be intrigued by taking Embiid, if I'm the 76ers, as you would create one of the most athletically gifted, defensive front lines in the NBA (and possibly history if Noel and Embiid fulfill their potential.) However it seems like they are looking to create a small ball type of team (due to their pace this year but they were tanking so who knows) where a stretch 4 would be needed. I don't see Noel filling that role, although Embiid has shown some flashes from outside.

It could also be a smokescreen as the Bucks have enough money tied up in Sanders for their rim protection and defense as well as a lack at the SF position for them to take a C at 2.

I'll gladly admit that I'm biased towards athletically gifted bigs. I'm a Thunder fan and Ibaka has been my favorite player since I saw him reject his first shot in a Thunder uniform. Him along with Perkins gave my team the defensive capabilities needed to compete for a championship.

Y'all have enough offense, assuming Deng is still in the mix, as is to compete in the east. Could you use another offensive threat? Of course but y'all need a big time rim protector more. You guys have enough money and previous draft picks invested in the back court. Now's the time to add your centerpiece in the front court.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While that shoots my trade with the 76ers down (a long shot at best I'll admit) I don't believe it's due to the potential injury risk. They drafted Noel last year to be their center of the future. I would personally be intrigued by taking Embiid, if I'm the 76ers, as you would create one of the most athletically gifted, defensive front lines in the NBA (and possibly history if Noel and Embiid fulfill their potential.) However it seems like they are looking to create a small ball type of team (due to their pace this year but they were tanking so who knows) where a stretch 4 would be needed. I don't see Noel filling that role, although Embiid has shown some flashes from outside.

It could also be a smokescreen as the Bucks have enough money tied up in Sanders for their rim protection and defense as well as a lack at the SF position for them to take a C at 2.

I'll gladly admit that I'm biased towards athletically gifted bigs. I'm a Thunder fan and Ibaka has been my favorite player since I saw him reject his first shot in a Thunder uniform. Him along with Perkins gave my team the defensive capabilities needed to compete for a championship.

Y'all have enough offense, assuming Deng is still in the mix, as is to compete in the east. Could you use another offensive threat? Of course but y'all need a big time rim protector more. You guys have enough money and previous draft picks invested in the back court. Now's the time to add your centerpiece in the front court.

Best big men duo in history? Possibly not, considering these:

Ralph Sampson and Akeem Olajuwon together on the Rockets

Tim Duncan and David Robinson on the Spurs

Kevin McHale and Robert Parish on the Celtics.

Cavaliers even had Nate Thurmond and Jim Chones.

Others?

Best big men duo in history? Possibly not, considering these:

Ralph Sampson and Akeem Olajuwon together on the Rockets

Tim Duncan and David Robinson on the Spurs

Kevin McHale and Robert Parish on the Celtics.

Cavaliers even had Nate Thurmond and Jim Chones.

Others?

Hence the possibly of all time if they reach their potential modifiers within the parentheses.

In other Cavs related news:

It doesn't look like y'all are planning on resigning Deng. There will be some top of the line SF's on the market (Melo and possibly LeBron) and a couple of legit starters with Ariza topping the list. Of course that also leaves wide open the chances for Wiggins or Parker.

Needless to say I'm interested in what y'all end up doing.

I am getting really tired of the Kyrie rumors of him not wanting to sign a max offer, or us not extending the offer because we think he wont take it. Or Kyrie may be traded. Shit is getting old. All this is happening because of Lebron leaving and everyone wants to cause shit making up stories to make the fans go crazy. However, I am very happy to get the number one pick. Its gonna be a fun draft.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting really tired of the Kyrie rumors of him not wanting to sign a max offer, or us not extending the offer because we think he wont take it. Or Kyrie may be traded. Shit is getting old. All this is happening because of Lebron leaving and everyone wants to cause shit making up stories to make the fans go crazy. However, I am very happy to get the number one pick. Its gonna be a fun draft.

I had more fun than a barrel of (*) I guess monkeys is politically incorrect now. Watching LeBum and his cheating pals get yet another ass-whuppin' in game 5. If Wade and Bosh aren't enough to get you your 6 rings, go ahead and get Mellow and Love along for the ride. Karma's a bitch guy.

Or Parker....who a lot of pundits are saying they will take.

Screw the "pundits". If the Cavs spend the 1st pick on a player who doesn't want to be here, they are effin' FOOLS!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gip, they can have a deal in place for the trade ahead of time. The Cavs acquired a few contracts the other day that would sweeten the deal for the wolves to be able to shed contracts. If we were to get Love, we would also get Kevin Martin, and he is due 21mil the next 3 years. I think they have to get a 3rd team to make all of this work, but I also think we will be losing wiggins and bennet and possibly waiters and thompson, not all but at least 3 of those. We would also probably be giving up a 1st or 2, but we have 3 next year, so thats not a problem. Im just glad that Browns camp starts this week, so tired of all the basketball rumors. Have a good one Gip.

Archived