THE BROWNS BOARD

The Division Race

PurplePantyWaste

Lol. My bad man. I'm bored, stuck in the backseat with my 7month old in bumper to bumper because of a damn accident. I thought you were trying to involve yourself in my little squabble with nickers. I was trolling you but didn't realize you were simply confused. I agree 100% on everything else you said, my apologies. Nickers likes to take random goes at me, Ive just been sticking to a theme tonight. He's fat and grumpy and tries to take it out on me.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you aren't this much a jerk though in real life though.

I don't pick fights here, and I'm especially in guard here because I damn near got prison hazed when I started posting on this forum - I know it's a rival team's forum, I was anticipating hostility, but you gotta give it to these Brown fans, they're super passionate and take the game very seriously. A lot of Baltimore fans on the Baltimore forum are just as passionate, but when your team has been the bottom feeder of the division for about a decade I'm sure a lot festers, making it harder to tolerate outsiders.

So I'm sorry about your predicament. If you dish it, I'm gonna take it and try and give it back twice as hard, just my nature. Nothing personal, just a talk forum. But you could stand to conduct yourself with more respect and less trolling.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a tough schedule, don't get ahead of yourself. Final 4 of 6 on the road, Browns still gotta prove they can beat good teams on the road.

teams that can run the football usually do well on the road. we aint the saints who need to be indoors on turf to peform at there max. the futher along in the year we get the more our run game will be an advantage.

They will lose to the Colts. No AJ Green again.

10-6

10-6

9-5-1

6-10 just to piss off Vag.

The Browns have a very favorable 3 games coming up Jags, Raiders, Bucs. If, if, if, they roll into Cinci 6-2, do the math .500 the rest of the way = 10-6.

I tend to agree- if you play like you did against Tampa.

Maybe you should take a lesson or two on how to be polite, and take your war with some of the others private. BTW- Ravens fan is being realistic about his team- you however are not. Don't know where I saw the article, but it's damn true- despite adequate protection from the Steelers above average o-line, Ben has played like crap the last two games. He keeps that up, Bell and Brown won't be enough to save your season from going down the tubes. In case you didn't notice your defense just got shredded to the tune of 31 points by an offense minus it's #1 wr. So boo hoo, you didn't have Shazier- we didn't have Gordon- or Rubin- or Taylor, and be thankful we didn't. That, IMHO is why you get blasted here from some quarters- your rah-rah rah Steelers fandom. You've been around here long enough to generally know rules- act like a flamebaiting troll, you're going to get treated like one. And constantly extolling (in your mind) the greatness of Steelers players certainly qualifies.

Hoorta I don't know ravens fan and thought he was getting involved brother from another mother style with nickers. After he clarified I apologized. I do not flame bait otherwise.

Looking at the rest of the

bengals schedule...

@Colts - I think we can win this one. I'll count it as a loss though based on the recent play of both teams. L

Ravens - I'll count this as a win at home. W

Jaguars - W

Browns - in Cincy so W

@Saints - I think we can win. Saints don't look so good... But worst case I'll count it as a loss on the road against a strong offense. L

@Texans - I know they are a good defense, but I think we should win this one. Not like it's in the playoffs... W

@ Buccaneers - W

Steelers - W

@ Browns - L

Broncos - we are home... But unless our defense

Gets it's act together, I have a hard time saying we can win this one. Plus, it's prime time.... L

@ steelers - win. Should be tough, but we cano it. W

10-5-1. I'd say that's a safe bet. If we can win a couple road games maybe even 12-3-1. (I think saints and colts are winnable)

Knowing the bengals, we probably beat the colts and lose to he bucs lol.

Baltimore and Cleveland look really good too. Not gonna speculate on their records since I'm

Biased but could we have 3 playoff teams from the afc north again?

Looking at the rest of the

bengals schedule...

@Colts - I think we can win this one. I'll count it as a loss though based on the recent play of both teams. L

Ravens - I'll count this as a win at home. W

Jaguars - W

Browns - in Cincy so W

@Saints - I think we can win. Saints don't look so good... But worst case I'll count it as a loss on the road against a strong offense. L

@Texans - I know they are a good defense, but I think we should win this one. Not like it's in the playoffs... W

@ Buccaneers - W

Steelers - W

@ Browns - L

Broncos - we are home... But unless our defense

Gets it's act together, I have a hard time saying we can win this one. Plus, it's prime time.... L

@ steelers - win. Should be tough, but we cano it. W

10-5-1. I'd say that's a safe bet. If we can win a couple road games maybe even 12-3-1. (I think saints and colts are winnable)

Knowing the bengals, we probably beat the colts and lose to he bucs lol.

Baltimore and Cleveland look really good too. Not gonna speculate on their records since I'm

Biased but could we have 3 playoff teams from the afc north again?

I agree except the obvious one...I know it's at Cincy but I don't think we're gonna let you guys take the sweep. Many years when the Steelers were good they'd beat us on our turf and we'd steal one from Heinz Field. So there's a precedent. The only concern for the Ravens is the offensive line, which has injuries in the left side. If we get Monroe and Osemele back or the rookies play well, we'll be ok with one of the league's breast rushing attacks.

Still won't pretend to know the Bengals... just don't have a handle on you yet. But I will agree that BLT can't be chalked up just because it's a home game and beware of Houston.

The Texans don't just have a defense, they have a great defense that may even include Clowney by the time you see them. Plus as long as Foster is healthy they have a sound run game... very potent combo... especially in their house.

Still won't pretend to know the Bengals... just don't have a handle on you yet. But I will agree that BLT can't be chalked up just because it's a home game and beware of Houston.

The Texans don't just have a defense, they have a great defense that may even include Clowney by the time you see them. Plus as long as Foster is healthy they have a sound run game... very potent combo... especially in their house.

I definitely don't mean to discount either of those teams. We could lose to either of those teams. The Texans are kind of a must win, given the schedule, so I expect the Bengals to treat it as such. And division games are so important. Obviously my prediction is going to be a little slanted. I like us at home against any team, but only if our defense gets back on track. If it doesn't, we are dead in the water anyway. It's Looking like we miss Zimmer after all..

This weeks opponent, The Colts, don't have much of a defense, but their offense is pretty darn good. If our defense shows up I'd say bengals have a shot. Losing this game would kinda hurt. Because If they do, they lose ground to the Browns who should win at Jacksonville, and to the Ravens who should win vs the Falcons.

It's too early... I honestly do not know what to make of the Bengals at this point.

Only thing I know is that we get to face them in CIN after a short week at the end of our current "soft patch".

Yes. Until we play them, who knows?.....BUT, I will say they look like the team they've been the last few years.....flash then fail......this was the year they were 'supposed' to take the next step....

Bengals are who we thought they were!

Seriously, they're a talented team with a overrated qb and they shrink under pressure.

my take exactly....started fast at 3-0, then blew the next 2 games....and I see them facing a couple more losses in the next few weeks....as I think Indy and Balt will both beat them.....

I will agree that BLT can't be chalked up just because it's a home game and beware of Houston.

Texas is an enigma....kinda great and terrible at the same time.....

But....I do see the Browns passing Cinci in the next few weeks....and expect that by the time we meet, the Browns will be flying high atop the division and confident as fukk, while the Bungles will be struggling to figure what's going wrong with their season.....again....

Yes. Until we play them, (Bengals) who knows?.....BUT, I will say they look like the team they've been the last few years.....flash then fail......this was the year they were 'supposed' to take the next step....

my take exactly....started fast at 3-0, then blew the next 2 games....and I see them facing a couple more losses in the next few weeks....as I think Indy and Balt will both beat them.....

Texas is an enigma....kinda great and terrible at the same time.....

But....I do see the Browns passing Cinci in the next few weeks....and expect that by the time we meet, the Browns will be flying high atop the division and confident as fukk, while the Bungles will be struggling to figure what's going wrong with their season.....again....

:) Should the Browns beat the Jags and the Bengals lose to the Colts- it will take exactly one game. 4-2, 3-2-1. Ravens will head up the division at a probable 5-2.

So if the Stripers go according to form, they beat the Colts. However, my take is no AJ Green, and Dalton won't be able to match Luck's firepower without him.

Couple of other thoughts occurred to me over the evening- that Ravensfan (and everyone else) should take into account. You can't predict injuries- and those are certain to happen. Hmmm the Browns are probably in the best shape in the AFCN if a starting qb got hurt. Steelers would be hard pressed to win more than a couple of games without Ben. Second- assuming he stays clean- and I think he will- the Browns get Gordon back for the last 6 games starting with Atlanta. MHO is it completely changes the dynamic, everything else being equal.

Browns schedule... currently 3-2

@ Jax W

Oak W

TB W

@ Cincy L (but winnable)

Hou W (but losable)

@ Atl W

@ Buf W (but losable)

Indy L (but winnable)

Cincy W

@ Car L (but winnable)

@ Bal W (but losable)

optimistic prediction: 11-5, and 1st in the division

confident prediction (+/- 3) somewhere between 8-8 and 14-2

Our games have been so tight, it's hard to predict that we would lose or win against anybody at this point, plus...

It's the Browns, and we have a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way to go...

So if the Stripers go according to form, they beat the Colts. However, my take is no AJ Green, and Dalton won't be able to match Luck's firepower without him.

And Marvin Jones going on IR is a blow as well. I think they've missed him... and now they've signed Greg Little... :)

Browns schedule... currently 3-2

@ Jax W

Oak W

TB W

@ Cincy L (but winnable)

Hou W (but losable)

@ Atl W

@ Buf W (but losable)

Indy L (but winnable)

Cincy W

@ Car L (but winnable)

@ Bal W (but losable)

optimistic prediction: 11-5, and 1st in the division

confident prediction (+/- 3) somewhere between 8-8 and 14-2

Our games have been so tight, it's hard to predict that we would lose or win against anybody at this point, plus...

It's the Browns, and we have a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG way to go...

Seems realistic, at least your expectations and admissions of which games can go either way. I would argue that the game at Atlanta is loseable, as even when struggling they are a threat to go vertical and put up tons of points at any given point, and playing at Atlanta makes a difference.

Final 6 games are brutal, 4 out of 6 on the road, Gotta aim for 3-3 here, which means you can't afford to lose more than 2 games in the next 5 weeks.

I would have put the Baltimore game as a loss, but winnable. We're pretty good at home and it'll be our finale at home, with almost assuredly big playoff implications. Should be exciting to watch, lots of fireworks.

I definitely don't mean to discount either of those teams. We could lose to either of those teams. The Texans are kind of a must win, given the schedule, so I expect the Bengals to treat it as such. And division games are so important. Obviously my prediction is going to be a little slanted. I like us at home against any team, but only if our defense gets back on track. If it doesn't, we are dead in the water anyway. It's Looking like we miss Zimmer after all..

These "must win" games are the ones where the bengals have failed time and time again. I'm counting on them to keep with the trend this year ;)

No guarantee he'll be in football shape and up to speed. In fact, I'd bet against it, though certainly not impossible.

He played the preseason and has been in the team meetings ... he's working out on his own.... he'll be in "football shape".

Zombo

He played the preseason and has been in the team meetings ... he's working out on his own.... he'll be in "football shape".

Zombo

Never said he won't, keywords are "no guarantee."

Also, being in shape doesn't mean he won't have rust to kick off and that he'll instantly adjust to in game speed and reaction time. Again, he might, it's certainly happened before with different players in similar situations but more oft than not there's usually an adjustment period.

Example - 2010, Vincent Jackson only played the last 5 games, had 1 good game against the Packers but other than that, in all 5 games total he only averaged 2.5 catches and 48 yards a game, only 3 total touchdowns all coming in the 1 blowout win against the Packers.

No other noteworthy examples at the receiver position.

On the flip side, on 2010 Ed Reed missed the first 6 games, came back to lead the league in interceptions that year. But, at the same time, that's Ed Reed and it wasn't suspension, was an injury.

Never said we won't, keywords are "no guarantee."

Also, being in shape doesn't mean he won't have rust to kick off and that he'll instantly adjust to in game speed and reaction time. Again, he might, it's certainly happened before with different players in similar situations but more oft than not there's usually an adjustment period.

Example - 2010, Vincent Jackson only played the last 5 games, had 1 good game against the Packers but other than that, in all 5 games total he only averaged 2.5 catches and 48 yards a game, only 3 total touchdowns all coming in the 1 blowout win against the Packers.

No other noteworthy examples at the receiver position.

On the flip side, on 2010 Ed Reed missed the first 6 games, came back to lead the league in interceptions that year. But, at the same time, that's Ed Reed and it wasn't suspension, was an injury.

Vincent Jackson is a pussy. Gordon is the best receiver in the NFL.

Zombo

Vincent Jackson is a pussy. Gordon is the best receiver in the NFL.

Zombo

He's the best young receiver in the league, I'll give you that much. Two years isn't enough data, even after 1 incredible season, to say he's going to continue in the same fashion for the next 5+ years.

Vincent Jackson has never skipped a beat since he broke out in 2008 (minus 2010 when he was suspended for 6 games and held out for 5 more for contract dispute).

No guarantee he'll be in football shape and up to speed. In fact, I'd bet against it, though certainly not impossible.

Well then by that train of thought there is no guarantee that the end of the schedule will be tougher than it is first 10 weeks what with the potential for injuries and suspensions and all.

Come on, man. I'm not going to ride you too much but to think that Josh Gordon isn't going to help, even at absolutely worst as a decoy, is ridiculous.

He's going to stretch the field against the defenses best CB and with S help and allow Cameron, Austin, Hawkins and Gabriel to roam the field around 5-15 yards downfield. No way he doesn't help the offense.

You can bet against it all you want but you'd lose that bet.

Browns 9-6--1

Ratbirds 9-7

Bengals 8-6-2

Steelers 7-9

Browns & Bengals tie on Thursday night garbage football

Ratbirds slip when Flacco gets knocked out for the season

Browns win in Balt in season finale to take the North

Pittsburgh fires Tomlin, realizing their slipping and he rode Cowhers coat tails & players initially

Even if he's not- he's a damn effective decoy. You hear Stafford's comments on Megatron? Same deal. Those sort of guys demand attention- because if you ignore them it's six.

Zombo

4.3 speed is a wonderful thing.

it happened just last year. josh gordan missed the first 4 games and led the nfl in receiving yards

^ This. Agree with Slow. It will be fun to watch as long as Josh keeps his face away from the bong.

Close to halfway through the season is too soon?

In a month it'll be a lot less fun to make predictions as there will only be a month left and it'll just come down to a handful of games and who wins those.

Or do you not like talking about this because the big bad Ravens fan posted it?

Ah, look again. We are close to 1/3 of the way into the season, but not there yet since we had the bye week early.

Again, it's my perspective. Missing 2 games is different from missing 2/3 of the season. You guys do realize it was two games, not 4 right?

I'm not saying he'll be a bum. He very well could impact the games. But I'd be shocked to see him just picking up where he left off last year. Being a decoy, his speed, all true things. But averaging over 115 yards a game? 10 catches a game? I think if that's your view of what's gonna happen, you're sippin the Koolade too much.

I definitely didn't mean though that he'll be completely ineffective. Just not this huge difference maker you're all making him out to be, at least not right away. He gets a couple games in, and you guys make it to the post season, then I could see him busting loose then.

Ofcourse if the opposing defenses are dumb and sleep on him when he comes back that's a different story.

Archived