THE BROWNS BOARD

Don't Trade Colt

blowe

I'll be the first to admit I'm a huge weed smoker.. I mean Weeden supporter. And you may call me high, but I do not want the Browns to trade McCoy. He has been such a professional throughout the entire QB "competition" and he has really shown the ability to protect the ball and make plays in the first 2 preseason games. I still think #3 shows more potential than #12 even if he has had a couple true rookie moments. We know all too well as Browns fans that injuries do happen. They are inevitable and unavoidable. I would love to have someone who has shown some guts and some real improvement backing up our starter. Plus I don't think we would get much in return for him.

We should also cut Seneca Wallace's sorry ass

Unless they get a silly offer for McCoy, you have got to keep him. Just look what he did in the one drive against GB. Thats what you can have coming in as a replacement, not having to worry about having to tone down play calling and seamlessly taking over from Weeden if he goes down. With rumours going round of him going to GB cant see it why would he want to go there to be back up where has slightly better chance of getting playing time in Cleveland. Sure after this year is out, likely McCoy would want to go elsewhere but for this year think we should keep him on board and get shot of Wallace.

Might as well just post this here. Cincinnati just cut Jordan Shipley.

Maybe he can come and sing to Colt again

I feel Seneca is better suited to enter a tight game and effectively manage a two minute offense. I'd much rather

put the game in his hands than happy-pocket-feet McCoy. I suspect the Browns would be more than happy to trade

Colt but there aren't any team general managers knockin at the dooor. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him do well,

but he doesn't seem to have that huddle/pocket presence needed to make plays. Physically, he is incapable of making the

long vertical timing tosses to his receivers. And, more importantly, he doesn't have the support of his teammates.

His pro football career has reached it's pinnacle and it ain't high enough to be successful.

I like what Colt has done and would love to have him as our backup. But realistically he will never stay here after the way the Browns jerked him around and I don't blame him. IF a team does not make a trade for him soon(I think they will) then he is gone anyway as soon as his contract is up. So keeping Wallace who is more likely to stay past his current contract makes more sense to me. And I have a damn McCoy jersey I got as a gift. Another jersey to toss.

^ hmmm...good point on the contracts...

Colt may be cheaper now....but with 20+ starts, whats his next contract gonna be? Maybe the next team would prefer to ink his next contract over a cost prohibitive contract like wallace.

Food for thought. Hed be fine here...but if he has value, then you have to consider it at least.

Colt's teammates like him bigtime, but as a starter, they know he doesn't have the arm to be elite.

Colt has always given 100% every second of every play. He makes smarter decisions than Wallace.

Wallace is a loser - he doesn't have the fire to give it everything he has. When he ran out of bounds,

and shows ZERO leadership on the field... you think the team supported that?

That was a regular season game, too. Colt has years left on his career, Wallace has

... a few?

And, Wallace is the third string for good reason - and he was playing the fourth garbage quarter.

Dump Wallace, he really doesn't care, and it shows in practice, and on the field.

But when he rans out of bounds last year, that was it for me. Colt looks a lot different this year...

Weeden improved hugely this last game out of two... things are looking up in a huge way.

If they do trade Colt, I would STILL dump Wallace and keep Thaddeus Lewis - that kid

looks far more ready to be a backup.

Wallace is a wimp, and reached his peak years ago, and shows no guts now.

BTW, I would dump Wallace. LOL.

it isn't one play. That's just the best example. I'm not dissing Wallace for throwing out of bounds desperately because

they couldn't protect the qb on the right side last year.

The hate on Colt is dumb. Wallace has always been a backup for good reason.

Wallace is #3 for good reason. Wallace knows the offense, big deal.

He's like Braylon Edwards - doesn't love the game, and plays like he just wants to get paid.

I'll bet there isn't one Browns player who is inspired by Wallaces' lack of leadership on the field,

and by his play. The game of football includes desire to win, desire to compete.

Wallace is like a bowl of mud out there.

Forget it.

There are a lot of reasons to keep Colt over Seneca. Colt is young and has room to develop, Wallace does not. Colt is a team-first player and wants to win, Wallace really looks out for only himself. Not to mention even during the QB "competition", while Colt didn't feel he got a fair shot, he and Weeden get along well and help each other out. Last, Weeden needs to know there's always another option at QB second on the depth chart. Someone who has potential and can push him to play better. If only Wallace were the backup, Weeden would be guaranteed to start no matter how poorly he plays.

didn't like the pick then (mccoy). love the kid now.

yeah his whole 'family of football' from texas should STFU and let the kid go through his own things in life w/o daddy bitching about his (the way he thinks) golden boy getting mistreated.

if colt is capable of making a career by playing in the nfl....great. if not? so goes another name in the toilet of browns missed picks.

i would take colt over wallace anyday in the backup QB position. the only reason wallace is here is because of holmgren's loyalty to him. i would think that the reason wallace is soooo pissed and has a bad attitude is that holmgren keeps stringing him along to every losing franchise in the NFL and not just letting him go. be it good or bad in his regard.

Holding on to Colt was the right thing to do. He has increased his value with his preseason performance, while other teams look desperate at QB. Hell, I think he could start in Arizona, and he would be a great backup in GB.

Trade him now while is value is up, Wallace can back up just as well.

Zombo

Either way....we might finally be deep at QB.

Nice problem to have.

"Might" is the key word. There has been plenty of times where we enter a season and it seems like we have depth at QB. Just to be let down by QB play on the field, and realize they all are a lot worse than we thought. I mean the Frye-Anderson-Quinn, Couch-Holcomb, Delhomme-Wallace-McCoy, quarterback groups all seemed like they were great options, just to watch them all suck...

Holding on to Colt was the right thing to do. He has increased his value with his preseason performance, while other teams look desperate at QB. Hell, I think he could start in Arizona, and he would be a great backup in GB.

Trade him now while is value is up, Wallace can back up just as well.

Zombo

If we can get value for Colt then yes. Otherwise no. We could still hold onto all 3 QBs if no one offers anything for McCoy. There will be some team that loses a starting QB this year that will be desperate for a backup QB and may overpay to get him then..

Archived