THE BROWNS BOARD

so where do we begin....?

LBC mike

this lose made us the joke of the week. i blame the coaching staff.... they knew this was coming. manziel is not an nfl qb. our o line is horrible without Mack, receivers can't catch, d is missing ?,

so who still thinks hoyer can't win games for us? makes you wonder if was a better option. i am by no means a hoyer fan boy. we need a legit pro qb

this lose made us the joke of the week. i blame the coaching staff.... they knew this was coming. manziel is not an nfl qb. our o line is horrible without Mack, receivers can't catch, d is missing ?,

so who still thinks hoyer can't win games for us? makes you wonder if was a better option. i am by no means a hoyer fan boy. we need a legit pro qb

Can't blame the coaches for this one. When Farmer/Haslam drafted Manziel he was starting year 2 or as a rookie if Hoyer struggled.

You strengthen the O-Line and D-Line and bring in a good LB for next season.

If I had control Manziel would get 4 games to show me something, if not I'd wish him luck elsewhere. I'd sign Hoyer on the cheap or look for a FA game manager. I would try to win the battle for the line of scrimmage.

Here's the thing hoyer was never given a chance. Between espn all the talking head Haslem and the Johnny fan boys he was set up to fall. All he did was win and make the team relevant. And yes he has struggled but what happened today was sad. And because hoyer is not a big flashy personality he was ran out of the position. If today proves anything hoyer was carrying the team. Best thing for them now get rid of the distraction ( Johnny) and put pieces around hoyer and wait for the next great one, but for now hoyer can get us places and might make a lot of noise.

if the browns agree with you....i sure hope they trade him....fast....but give him another 4 or 8 days days with the one's....and joe montana would have struggled with that o-line play.......and don't even talk about the defense they couldn't get the bengals off the field if their lives depended on it.........

Here's the thing hoyer was never given a chance. Between espn all the talking head Haslem and the Johnny fan boys he was set up to fall. All he did was win and make the team relevant. And yes he has struggled but what happened today was sad. And because hoyer is not a big flashy personality he was ran out of the position. If today proves anything hoyer was carrying the team. Best thing for them now get rid of the distraction ( Johnny) and put pieces around hoyer and wait for the next great one, but for now hoyer can get us places and might make a lot of noise.

1. Just because Johnny Manziel sucked balls today doesn't mean Hoyer didn't have a chance. Hoyer blew it.

2. No he didn't. He cost us the Buffalo and Indy game.

3. No he won't, he's gone in the offseason.

Man... I am going to have to at least partially agree with Walter... way too close for comfort.

Shanny's calls in our first series were awful. Run right, run left, QB draw was not even close to imaginative enough. And it did not get much better than that until maybe the flag-a-thon series late in the 2nd QTR.

EDIT: Not so close after all as a lot of moronic shit appeared in quick order...

definitely...hoyer's the answer...trade manziel, please trade manziel......then i wouldn't have to listen to this stupidity any longer.....

1. Just because Johnny Manziel sucked balls today doesn't mean Hoyer didn't have a chance. Hoyer blew it.

I agree with numbers 1 and 2. I'd add that Hoyer's very below average play cost us the Jacksonville game as well. Not so sure about #3 though. 2 more shit shows that that one today out of Manzidiot and the Browns might be forced to keep Hoyer around.

if the browns agree with you....i sure hope they trade him....fast....but give him another 4 or 8 days days with the one's....and joe montana would have struggled with that o-line play.......and don't even talk about the defense they couldn't get the bengals off the field if their lives depended on it.........

No they couldn't, but our offense couldn't keep our defense off the field either.

Ill be honest I like hoyer I hate Johnny and everything he stands for this give me gratification for nothing generation. hoyer might take use places given a real chance and maybe not but this I know manziel is nothing but a bust at best, but hoyer can bridge the gap. And remember hoyer faced a better team last week and played better by far with the same team. But this weak also proved that our receivers are not getting the job done.

My bet is that Hoyer does not get a big deal at the end of this season by anyone.He will sign for backup money because that is what he is. Not sticking up for Johnny,but if Hoyer would have played the outcome would have been the same.Just like the last 4 weeks that he sucked. What happened to the Johnny that drove us in for a touchdown a couple of weeks ago.Cincy showed up to win today,i don't think a qb could have made a difference.Did anyone notice our defense getting mauled? Maybe we should dress Hoyer up as linebacker and he can save us on the other side.

manziel is rg3 type. do not compare him to russel Wilson.that kid can stayin the pocket and throw like a vet. Wilson is far above manziel.

Not even fair to compare him to RGIII. He was setting the league on fire when he was a rookie, even in his first start when he led the Redskins to a blowout of the Saints in the Superdome if I'm not mistaken.

The only thing Manzidiot did well today was not getting stuck under the flag before the game and he didn't shit his pants.

I can agree Hoyer blew it the last few weeks. Given that terminology though if Hoyer blew it Manziel served up a suckfest orgy. He sucked so much he is on protein overload. I can't really isolate one thing he did badly because he did nothing. If he had one tenth of the talent you think he had he surely could have done something. I hope next week or even year you can throw this post in my face I really do. Right now though I see a guy who can't possibly compete. He couldn't even scramble and show us that great mobility. He sucked.

Not so sure about #3 though. 2 more shit shows that that one today out of Manzidiot and the Browns might be forced to keep Hoyer around.

Yup... BH could well have gotten a raise today.

Yup... BH could well have gotten a raise today.

This was my thinking. Even if Manziel gets the next two starts and sucks, you have one rookie QB on the cheap and Hoyer who will be had for a lot less now that he's benched.

Those writing off BH being involved in the Browns future might be terribly mistaken.

Ill be honest I like hoyer I hate Johnny and everything he stands for this give me gratification for nothing generation. hoyer might take use places given a real chance and maybe not but this I know manziel is nothing but a bust at best, but hoyer can bridge the gap. And remember hoyer faced a better team last week and played better by far with the same team. But this weak also proved that our receivers are not getting the job done.

Hoyer played like a complete asshole last week and that's why we're in this predicament. He stunk of shit. Also he had a LOT of help from a defense that didn't show up today.

Did anyone else feel like we abandoned the run too soon today? I mean we only had 38 offensive plays, but we gotta run the ball under center a lot more. That pistol bullshit is not working whatsoever.

yup. I also wish they would have waited to get rid of Tate till the offseason. I think both West and Crow are dinged slightly. I agree you can't keep all 3 long term but Tate must have been some kind of asshole to cut him and get nothing for him.

Did anyone else feel like we abandoned the run too soon today? I mean we only had 38 offensive plays, but we gotta run the ball under center a lot more. That pistol bullshit is not working whatsoever.

There were a lot of 2nd and 3rd & long so you gotta throw more.

Plus there was the whole, fallin' behind thang...

The only thing Manzidiot did well today was not getting stuck under the flag before the game...

Is he tall enough to get stuck?

Run? No. But totally agree on the Pistol.

While I thought it would be the big formation difference between the Hoyer game plan and JM's, I also thought it would be more effective under JM. Clearly it was not.

I think both West and Crow are dinged slightly.

Been thinking this as well... particularly about Crow. Since he was listed as having a knee issue, he hasn't had a good average.

Yesterday West looked like he was running the better of the two, then he disappeared.

You can say Hoyer was and was never given a chance.

Hoyer was given a chance by the front office and coaching staff.

Hoyer WAS NOT given a chance by the "gotta have a qb controversy in Cleveland because that's all we know how to write about" local media and every fan of that 1st round qb smell.

He came in, won games, played with a contract situation looming over his head, played with media saying it's time for Manziel every time he made a mistake, played with ungrateful assed fans calling into sports talk radio stations and tv programs saying the best thing for this team would be Hoyer getting injured for a couple of games and us seeing what we had in Manziel.

It's damn near impossible to keep your head on straight when you're THE LOCAL BOY and hearing how your own want to see you injured just to get a glimpse of Johnny Frodo.

To make matters worse, he's got to deal with losing his probowl center and tightend! If Johnny tanked mid season those would have been the first 2 excuses out there!

Those of you that remember me should know I've always been an advocate of how important the te is to a qb and running game because the te is a safety outlet for the qb, and a great te will pull a safety for coverage helping your wr or get an extra lb or a lb gets yanked for another corner or safety softening up the middle for your running game, and in the RARE cases, get the best corner on the D REALLY helping your other wrs.

Wow!

This state is so freaking ignorant we deserve the crap we get.

Just because the Pro Football Hall of Fame is located here doesn't make us or our media smarter then any of the coaches or front offices.

He came in, won games, played with a contract situation looming over his head, played with media saying it's time for Manziel every time he made a mistake, played with ungrateful assed fans calling into sports talk radio stations and tv programs saying the best thing for this team would be Hoyer getting injured for a couple of games and us seeing what we had in Manziel.

Welcome to the NFL.

Archived