THE BROWNS BOARD

Charles Johnson

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Charles Johnson has my vote for biggest sleeper of all of the Browns players.

Must be since he's still under my radar...

Must be since he's still under my radar...

Dig around a bit. I think you'll like what you find.

Was he the guy Manziel almost got killed Thursday on a high throw? If so, he's not afraid to go over the middle either.

Good mix of speed and size. Gabriel is a little shit like Hawkins.

I think Austin Hawkins and Benjamin will be our three main wr weapons, but im glad we kept these two young guys.

Z

6'2. 215. 4.32 40. A hearty stat-line in college. Runs solid routes. Has solid hands. Not afraid to go over the middle. Can take a hit. And has worked with Hoyer all season long.

I think he may be part of the reason that Farmer wasn't too worried about signing another receiver.

I think Austin Hawkins and Benjamin will be our three main wr weapons, but im glad we kept these two young guys.

Z

I'm thinking Gabriel takes over return duties from Benjamin.

Z

If Washington had the Smurfs- the Dawg Pound now has the Chiwawas.

If Washington had the Smurfs- the Dawg Pound now has the Chiwawas.

Not that that is a bad thing....

Can you imagine what Danny and the original Smurfs would have done with this pre-season's "emphasis" in place?

Dig around a bit. I think you'll like what you find.

Trying, but not much out there... Did find this: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94218&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

The first video link under the pro-day info is his highlight reel. Definitely played at a level above his competition. The QB also caught my eye... nice arm.

Why did he transfer to Grand Valley St. from Louisville?

Just got cut :angry:

Did we claim someone?

Edit: Yup...

The Cleveland Browns have been busy on the waiver wire, claiming guard Ryan Seymour and running back Glenn Winston from the San Francisco 49ers and guard Caylin Hauptmann from the Seattle Seahawks.

So 2 more have to go...

Did we claim someone?

Retweeted by Mary Kay Cabot

Browns claimed running back Glenn Winston off waivers, according to a source.

Retweeted by Mary Kay Cabot

Browns claimed wide receiver LaRon Byrd off waivers, according to a source

Not that that is a bad thing....

Can you imagine what Danny and the original Smurfs would have done with this pre-season's "emphasis" in place?

Trying, but not much out there... Did find this: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94218&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

The first video link under the pro-day info is his highlight reel. Definitely played at a level above his competition. The QB also caught my eye... nice arm.

Why did he transfer to Grand Valley St. from Louisville?

Johnson enrolled at Eastern Kentucky in 2007 after originally committing to the University of Louisville. (He didn't qualify academically prior to national signing day and the Cardinals pulled their offer.)

He was suspended from EKU when authorities found a stolen laptop in a dorm room he shared with a high-school classmate. Neither student claimed responsibility and both were disciplined.

His father understood why Johnson had covered for his friend, Kariuki said, but told his son he had to accept the consequences for his actions.

"There were some other immature things going on and I was part of it," Johnson said. "I learned lessons from that experience."

He transferred to Antelope Valley (Calif.) Community College near Los Angeles, but came home to help tend to his ailing dad.

Archived