THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

Kvoethe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#Browns sign rookie QB Connor Shaw to the practice squad

Retweeted by Cleveland Browns

Thrilled to remain with the @Browns & continue to play the game I love!

Cool on Shaw... but dressing only 2... idk....

And my "bold" prediction holds up ... two QBs is all we need.

Blind hog... yada yada yada... acorn...

Cool on Shaw... but dressing only 2... idk....

Blind hog... yada yada yada... acorn...

NE and INDY always went with two. Hoyer is the man. And that little backup guy is young and healthy. What would Grossman do again ... be an influence in the QB room? OK.

(we have a QB coach)

Zombo

Good call on Wallace. I know you were saying goid shit about him when no one was saying anything about him.

lol... yeah that tryout at RT against the Rams made me look like a genius... not!

NE and INDY always went with two. Hoyer is the man. And that little backup guy is young and healthy. What would Grossman do again ... be an influence in the QB room? OK.

Just a little, Seinfeldian beak-tweaking... ;)

Does West survive the next pickup/cut? With 4 RB's, I'm thinking he might be the next to go.

Jets grabbed McFadden They'll soon find out why we cut him.

Vikes picked up Marqueis Gray Should stick with team- one cut I didn't like.

We cut WR Johnson Small surprise.

• Browns claimed G Karim Barton off waivers from the Eagles.
  • Browns claimed G Donald Hawkins off waivers from the Eagles.
  • Browns claimed OT Ryan Seymour off waivers from the 49ers.
  • Browns claimed G Caylin Hauptmann off waivers from the Seahawks.
  • Browns claimed RB Glenn Winston off waivers from the 49ers.
  • Browns claimed WR LaRon Byrd off waivers from the Cowboys.

Says a lot about our backup OL, not that we didn't already know that.

Starting OL better stay healthy for a few weeks till the new guys get up to speed. Was I among the few who thought Gilkey didn't totally suck?

we can always drag grossman out of his station wagon he'll be living in in the facility's parking lot if needed. just gotta knock the bong out of his hand.

Heck, the Browns are probably paying for his hotel room somewhere in Berea, and have his # on speed dial

Browns Practice Squad so far :

• OL James Brown
  • DL Jacobbi McDaniel
  • TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi
  • LB Keith Pough
  • LB Justin Staples
  • QB Conner Shaw

Nice to see Shaw and Staples still in the mix

Hmmmm.... no Charles Johnson as of yet- I would have thought for sure that's where he'd be headed.

Updated PS - Johnson back on it :

• OL James Brown
  • DL Jacobbi McDaniel
  • TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi
  • LB Keith Pough
  • LB Justin Staples
  • QB Connor Shaw
  • C Patrick Lewis
  • OL Karim Barton
  • WR Charles Johnson

Room for one more ... must be trying to make one more roster move.

Zombo

I see we got Patrick Lewis back on the team. Was on the active roster part of last year as a rookie.

I'm glad you said "we" ... looks like at least one of you guys will take.

Did we bring him in to teach the O linemen how to block for JM?

"Get out of his way"?

"Get out of his way"?

LOL! They were taught that under no circumstances should they look back to watch the "show" and just keep finding someone to block no matter whether they lost their first one or not until the whistle blows. JM was looking for ways to extend plays and did not need an audience from the O line, just hit somebody.

PS-the above is actually true. The beginning of his active career they actually did often look back to see what the hell he was doing since no whistle was being blown and often got caught up in watching the "magic show" like everyone else. Coaches got in the film room with them and made them change all that. It took a few games before it became second nature.

I see we got Patrick Lewis back on the team. Was on the active roster part of last year as a rookie. Did we bring him in to teach the O linemen how to block for JM? (He was JM's center the year of the Heisman). :lol:

Interesting point. Of the many things l've learned about Manziel recently, l believe l heard someone say that he never called protections, that the Center did that. Or someone on the Oline did that.

Interesting point. Of the many things l've learned about Manziel recently, l believe l heard someone say that he never called protections, that the Center did that. Or someone on the Oline did that.

If you watched the A&M/SC game last Th you could see the center (Jake Matthews's little brother Mike) calling out all the O line play while the QB was looking over the D before every play. Accomplishes two things, 1. Gives the center responsibility for protections depending upon his closer look (QB back in the shotgun) and 2. Allows the QB time to listen to the calls to help him identify who to throw behind that might be blitzing.

So yes, Lewis did all the line calls and D identification when he was JM's starting center.

Archived