THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

Kvoethe

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS sports says Justin staples is also cut. I like the kid, I think this is a bad move

I gotta admit, l had to look him up to see what position he played. LB. i'm sure they're gonna try to get some of these guys on the PS. Staples and Gilkey are eligible, not sure about some of the others.

johnson was the receiver that got his helmet knocked off last preseason game because manziel threw the ball a foot over his head. besides being almost decapitated i like his size and if he can catch the freakin ball and run routes we'll at least have some serviceable WRs. look for barnidge and cam to have big years.

lewis was a fumbler and even though i liked his speed and how he could cut him getting hurt last year soured me on him as a RB. loved oogah but with agnew now and the way crowell just blew the doors off the other night these guys had to go.

Mary Kay saying McFadden cut

That one wasn't rocket science.

Supposedly MarQuis Gray has been cut.

Hate to see him go- had a few nice catches in the preseason. Probably due to his case of fumbleitis.

Connor Shaw cut

Hope he'll make it to the practice squad. How could Farmer and Pettine possibly miss his incredible greatness to not put him on the 53 man roster? (Manzealot speak)

Calculated risk. Doubt Grossman would have been picked up by anyone if we released him.

If we really cut Oby AND Gray... wow

Watching the last preseason game, it seemed to me that Agnew sewed up the fullback spot, and I don't think Oby was really lin in the running to make this team after we added West and Crowell and went with a conventional FB.

Zombo

Burleson has been relatively injury free during his football career. He was injury free in college and sustained a torn knee ligament in 2008. Of course, last September was the infamous 2 broken arm car crash he endured trying to save his pizzas from rolling off the front seat. The Lions cut him in march 2014 which tells me the broken bones may have a poor long term prognosis.

Tate played with cracked ribs for a good part of the 2013 season which is a good indicator of his toughness.

Forgot about Burls ongoing hammy issue which left him a poor position to make the team

hopefully there was something about Dion that we're not privy too otherwise I don't get it. He looked as good as Tate and West against 1st team defense's. If it were a 2 back system with him and either Tate or West, I think Dion would get more ypc's. He's not a fulltime back he needs someone to do the heavy lifting...but he was our most dynamic runner. Crowell, didn't see much of him cause I didn't watch much of any browns games deep into the 3rd and 4th quarters once it's our practice squad defense and JF comes out of the game. So don't really care what he looked like against, as someone else already pointed out...guys that will be looking for a job next week. Oh well. Obby is a cut long overdue though. Guy really had no place on our team. He's an avg to below avg RB and even worse as a FB.

Doubt Grossman would have been picked up by anyone if we released him.

I felt the same way, but someone posted awhile back about every team's backup QBs. Some of those backups were so crappy that, if a starter went down, Rex would be gobbled up. Besides, he'll be a great mentor for Johnny in this system & an experienced vet.

Mike

Hope he'll make it to the practice squad. How could Farmer and Pettine possibly miss his incredible greatness to not put him on the 53 man roster? (Manzealot speak)

Calculated risk. Doubt Grossman would have been picked up by anyone if we released him.

Probably not. Grossman is the veteran 3rd QB we wanted on the roster.

I doubt N.O. would have dropped Bailey if they thought he had anything left in the tank. Winston HAS to be better than Schwartz though.

Agree... Bailey looked done last year. Winston is a coin flip. No idea what either has in the way of a contract... may be a factor.

So as of now here's how we stand per the CBS Sports site...

Cuts to get to 53: RB Dion Lewis, LB Justin Staples, WR Nate Burleson, RB Chris Ogbonnaya, CB Leon McFadden, QB Connor Shaw

No mention of Gilkey...

Archived