THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

Kvoethe

Report: Browns cut Dion Lewis; Isaiah Crowell's spot appears safe
Aug 30 2014, 9:07 AMDavid P. Woods
The Cleveland Browns have cut ties with running back Dion Lewis as the team begins the process of getting down to a 53-man roster ahead of Saturday's deadline, Pro Football Talk reports.

The move likely indicates that undrafted free agent running back Isaiah Crowell's roster spot is safe. Crowell was used sparingly throughout the first three games of the preseason, but exploded for 102 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in the finale.

Solid move imho

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a few threads already for each guy, but I figured 1 thread makes more sense

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryKayCabot?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Frealcavsfans.com%2Fcommunity%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fbrowns-cut-waiver-claims.44726%2F&tw_i=505716960651653120&tw_p=tweetembed

Cuts:

WR Nate Burleson

HB Dion Lewis

HB Chris Ogbonnaya

OG Garrett Gilkey

certainly would not have been Nate as he would probably have re-injured his hammy during practice this week then kicked back and collect a check.

I'm really bummed about Oby

Why? he has not done anything since he has been here, time to infuse new blood and get better. Keep all the same players and its 4-12 all over again.

I wonder how the QB lineup will look? Shaw backing up Manziel is like having two of the same QB's. Should we keep a guy on the verge of retirement over Shaw. I think that would be a bad move as would having two rookies backing up Hoyer.

that means that either Johnson, Gabriel, Benjamin, or Snead is slated to start right? Great.

Gabriel and Snead have looked good and are young and healthy. Johnson is slightly smaller than Gordon so chalk one up for his size. Johnson could be a steal from GB's practice squad once his ACL is 100%

I wonder how the QB lineup will look? Shaw backing up Manziel is like having two of the same QB's. Should we keep a guy on the verge of retirement over Shaw. I think that would be a bad move as would having two rookies backing up Hoyer.

So they are all bad moves. You're fun.

So they are all bad moves. You're fun.

such indecision, how funny would it be to be Ray Farmers neighbor.

that means that either Johnson, Gabriel, Benjamin, or Snead is slated to start right? Great.

I'm ok with this. Johnson is the only one l'm unsure about but supposedly has all the tools. He's got a plate full of opportunity staring him down, so let's see what he does with it.

Gabriel's been a spark so far and Smead looks steady. And good to see Benjamin getting back to form.

I'm ok with this. Johnson is the only one l'm unsure about but supposedly has all the tools. He's got a plate full of opportunity staring him down, so let's see what he does with it.

Gabriel's been a spark so far and Smead looks steady. And good to see Benjamin getting back to form.

Johnson was a guy I was pretty excited about. Did he not play much this preseason, or was he just invisible? I remember seeing him out there, but I don't remember him making any real plays.

Does he have a bad history? I don't know a ton about him

I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall reading something about a checkered past. I don't remember exactly what it entailed.

Regardless if I remember correctly or not however, I'm down with it. I love the idea of taking a chance on the occasional high-risk high-talent player.

Does he have a bad history? I don't know a ton about him

only bad was a weapons charge, but that won't show up on any pee test so forge ahead.

2012 season[edit]

On June 29, Crowell was arrested on a drug charge.[17][18] Crowell was dismissed from the University of Georgia football team due to his arrest.

Crowell enrolled at Alabama State in July 2012.[19]

During the 2012 season, Crowell ran the ball well having several good games for Alabama State including the breakout performance he displayed on September 29 by rushing for 127 yards which included a 61-yard touchdown run in Alabama State's 54-14 win against Alcorn State.[20] He finished the season as the Hornets' leading rusher while helping Alabama State complete a 7-4 record.

Johnson was a guy I was pretty excited about. Did he not play much this preseason, or was he just invisible? I remember seeing him out there, but I don't remember him making any real plays.

I think he missed some preseason games with some injury issues. The catch he made in the last preseason game was the only one l remember him making.

Archived