THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

The Browns just became fun to watch.

I am pleasantly surprised to be saying that.

Agreed, the D line looks good.

Both QB's showing what their strengths are tonight that's for sure. I'm hesitant to get too excited with JM running around against the scrubs of Chicago, but it can't hurt the guys confidence that's for sure.

As long as it doesn't instill a sense of false confidence. I.E. - he won't be doing that shit against 1's in the NFL.

Hoyer had a nice TD drive. Couple nice catches from Gabriel. Couple nice under 10 yard runs from Tate. Cameron had a timely 3rd down catch. Agnew might have made the team with a hard fought 1 yard gain on 4th down, which ended up being unnecessary with a roughing the passer call. O line looked good to me on that first drive. Maybe best l'd seen this preseason.

This looks like as good of a place as any for my first post. My name is Dave and I have been a browns fan since I was a little boy watching the Cardiac Kids.

Tonight I am looking for 1 or 2 of our receivers to step up and seize the opportunity to become solid NFL starters!

For good or bad, Coach Pettine has challenged our current, and much maligned group of receivers to man up and show us all what they are made of.

Who will make the most of it and breakout right before our eyes?

Gabriel

It's the last Pre-Season game and they're playing against 2nd/3rd stringter, but so far the execution seems to be coming together.

2nd/3rd string O-line still concerns me big time, and the D is giving me a little bit to worry about \.

Too many turnovers, but so far the Team is playing the best I've seen this Pre-Season.

Let's see what happens 2nd half.

What's nice to see already from Manziel is he IS making progress as a QB. He's actually making second and third reads and running safely. Gotta hit open guys though, no excuse for that.

I did like seeing him make that one throw to the WR instead of running it - that is progress.

Give him more time, don't force him to start, and he has some good potential.

i hope we all see now that while Manziel shows some real promise....he ain't ready for Pgh. Just let him sit a season please. If you want this kid to be our savior he has to sit. If you want to be myopic and selfish than by all means chant Johnny johnny the first int Hoyer throws. I wish we would all just stfu this season about our qb situation and our head coach etc, etc. Any criticism of this team should come against individual performance, especially from vets, on plays who's outcome wasn't really affected by scheme. Example...if a LB'er meets a running back in the hole and gets trucked straight backward....that's wasn't about "scheme". He just didn't take his man. Our 2nd string O line was getting driven straight backward off the line all night tonight...that's not scheme those are just pussies getting whipped off the line by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

wow.....100 yds in less than a 1/2....hello Mr. Crowelll!

this guy will never hide on the practice squad. They are going to have to carry 4 and cut Oby. Keep Tate, West,Lewis and Crowell. Just to get the Manzielites riled up I will add that Shaw does a great Johnny Football imitation on the field.

You can do me a favor and eat my whole ass. Sound good?

oooooo....burn. I'm sure your classmates are giving you fist bumps.

So I guess that little diatribe calling for an end to the QB discussion applies to everyone but you. Got it....

Yeah, it was mostly against backups and backups of backtup, but the execution seemed to be a bit better.

We still have a week to prep for Pitt, so hopefully we'll get a bit sharper.

We're getting to a point where it's hard to determine who to cut to make the Roster limit . . . when is the last time that has happened?

I'm not saying we're going to come out of the gate gangbusters, but I think we have a chance to be competitive at least - that's a plus in my book.

Crowell might have been stacked up against guys that will be on the street next week, but damn he looked like a guy that can hit the hole and run. I can't remember the last time a Browns RB hit a hole and emerged in the other side with smoke behind him running for the goal line. The guy looks like a load too. I have a feeling Oby is gone. I like Lewis, I think he is their water bug back.

I think the most refreshing part about this preseason is seeing a lot of players on the lower end of the draft that Farmer picked up show some actual skill. Kirksey, Shaw, Crowell and that Agnew looked like a real fullback punching holes in the dline.

I notice the browns have moved shaw up to #3 on the depth chart. Grossman had some crisp throws, but then tossed a sure pick six till the bears dropped it.

Only means someone finally got around to removing Thigpen...

Archived