THE BROWNS BOARD

Watkins was a no brainer.

WalterWhite

shoulda woulda coulda.

don't blow the bortles horn just yet even though i agreed with you then that he was the best of the class right next to carr and garoffallo.

evans will be the best rookie receiver, just ask manziel why.

I put the Bortles "mock" just to ruffle some feathers.

Overall, I was happy with our draft - even the Manziel trade. I think we addressed many needs and found solid players. However, and I'll say this until the day I die, I think Kelvin Benjamin would have been a great pickup in the late first. He's a player that we could have paired opposite Gordon, a la Marshall/Jeffery in Chicago, and he's also talented enough to be a #1 on his own.

Evans may be the best WR to come out of this draft, but Benjamin would have been a better fit for us and would have come at a better price.

Either way, the past is past and the future is now. We're in position to grab two solid starters in the first round next season. Depending on how things line up, those two could be big positions of need. We may be saying "Josh Gordon who?" by this time next year.

Sammy Watkins wont be a Dez Bryant/Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss Type Player

Nah... more Larry Fitzgerald-ish...

Were you serious when you said "no ball skills"?

Watkins is... fragile.

Fragile? Really? Missed 3 games in three years and he's fragile?

Evans may be the best WR to come out of this draft...

I think the new "emphasis" on contact reduces even the small chance I gave Evans of being a good WR...

evans is so big, tall and physical that a college QB made his career out of tossing balls his way.

mccown will do the same. he's looked like a beast this preseason while watkins is somewhere shopping for car(s) and house(s).

Gotta wonder if Farmer was playing it safe with not taking a receiver in his first NFL draft on top of taking Manziel. That would be a pretty ballsy first draft to take a receiver which seems to be the most common bust position and a lottery ticket QB. He filled a huge hole on the line without doing it in the first round which was great. All the other guys have potential to be significant contributors especially Kirksey, Gilbert, and West.

Archived