THE BROWNS BOARD

Watkins was a no brainer.

WalterWhite

With Gordon's career up in a cloud of smoke, we didn't address the receiver position and should have just drafted Sammy Watkins.

I just hope this isn't another trade down like passing on Julio Jones for average players.

We are literally fucked.

What has Watkins shown thus far (aside from injury and a staggering inability to get open) that he justifies taking #4 overall?

Even with where this team is now, I STILL take that trade 8 days a week. Now we might not have Johnny kitchenfire on team if I'm making the #22 overall pick, but it is what it is.

Oh, he's still in a run first offense. Which is exactly what this team would have been either way.

Also, for the record - the Browns got the better end of the Julio deal as well. Holmgren just managed to fuck up the picks.

Has Watkins caught a pass yet?

No.

Just like Brian Hoyer hasnt lost a game yet.

And Mike Pettine hasnt coached a game yet.

BUT BOY ARE WE EVER FUCKING UP ... BLOW UP THE WHOLE THING!

Z

With Gordon's career up in a cloud of smoke, we didn't address the receiver position and should have just drafted Sammy Watkins.

I just hope this isn't another trade down like passing on Julio Jones for average players.

We are literally fucked.

If you had it your way, the cleveland browns would be an all-white team

Has Watkins caught a pass yet?

No.

Just like Brian Hoyer hasnt lost a game yet.

And Mike Pettine hasnt coached a game yet.

BUT BOY ARE WE EVER FUCKING UP ... BLOW UP THE WHOLE THING!

Z

Yep. Don't ya just love the doom & gloom?

Note to Walter.....That #1 WR led us to FOUR wins last year. One player does NOT make a TEAM! OH, (psst, the draft is over).

Mike

Yep. Don't ya just love the doom & gloom?

Note to Walter.....That #1 WR led us to FOUR wins last year. One player does NOT make a TEAM! OH, (psst, the draft is over).

Mike

Case closed...

I hate the we should have drafted so and so. So what?!?! Makes no difference now. Go root for the bills if you love him so much.

Nah he's just an uneducated bigot against people like us

You ignorant dope, I write the most ballistic satire in the Political Discussion to troll MLD Woody.

For god sakes read half the stuff I post over there, you absolute buffoon who can't detect sarcasm or satire.

Get a life you baby.

I agree with Tia about the Browns offense becoming run dominate. A lot of AFC north defensive coachs took a deep breath when an already simplistic defensive scheme against the browns became a slam dunk after the JR suspension. A starting wr line up of Austin and Burleson with still no consistent qb play leaves Browns with not much else for the d coaches to be concerned with. Ball control, a rested defense and consistent scoring from Cundiff may be a scheme that pays off.

You ignorant dope, I write the most ballistic satire in the Political Discussion to troll MLD Woody.

For god sakes read half the stuff I post over there, you absolute buffoon who can't detect sarcasm or satire.

Get a life you baby.

Shut up and go back to the 60s

Look I like busting Walters balls pretty much everytime he posts but he has a valid point here. I do not necessarily agree that we had to draft Watkins but it is inexcusable that we didnt address the WR position somewhere in the first 3 rounds. This draft was deep at the position and there were some stud guys still available to us multiple times when we passed them up. If Andre Johnson was truly available for a 2nd or 3rd round pick we were foolish to not pursue that as well especially given the fact we have 2 first rounders next year likey in the top 15.

i agree BUT

gilbert

manziel

bitonio

kirksey

who's left in the 4th that woulda been a game changer?

they had to ride out one crack in the foundation. now they know where they stand with gordon. wouldn't be surprised if farmer waited until the 2-3 round next year considering the bust average on top ten WR picks.

The trade down is ONLY good if Gilbert and our acquired Buffalo pick in 2015 pan out.

If they know they were going to be without Gordon for the year, and not a blow away WR prospect in 2015 why not just draft Watkins for ourselves?

ALSO - if the new NFL rules are WAY TOUGHER on defenses and playing pass defense then why not draft the fast athletic WR instead of the fast athletic DB?

Sammy Watkins wont be a Dez Bryant/Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss Type Player

He will be good, no doubt.. but he wont be a franchise changing WR in the NFL (the type you give up 2 picks for)

He doesn't have those type of ball skills.

He's like Percy Harvin.. only bigger.. essentially a big Percy Harvin.. So a Percy Harvin that can play outside essentialy

Calvin Johnson has won super bowls just like dez Bryant and AJ green and Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall and josh Gordon.... Oh wait no josh Gordon didn't win the Super Bowl last year.... The browns went 4-12. If only tom Brady had an elite receiver, like randy moss, he would've won a Super Bowl by now. What a shame.

Calvin Johnson has won super bowls just like dez Bryant and AJ green and Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall and josh Gordon.... Oh wait no josh Gordon didn't win the Super Bowl last year.... The browns went 4-12. If only tom Brady had an elite receiver, like randy moss, he would've won a Super Bowl by now. What a shame.

gotta love truth when it is spoken.

i agree BUT

gilbert

manziel

bitonio

kirksey

who's left in the 4th that woulda been a game changer?

they had to ride out one crack in the foundation. now they know where they stand with gordon. wouldn't be surprised if farmer waited until the 2-3 round next year considering the bust average on top ten WR picks.

Gilbert

Benjamin

Bitonio

Kirksey

OR

Bortles

Bitonio

Kirksey

Shaq Evans

shoulda woulda coulda.

don't blow the bortles horn just yet even though i agreed with you then that he was the best of the class right next to carr and garoffallo.

evans will be the best rookie receiver, just ask manziel why.

We are literally fucked.

So was Braylon Edwards, taken at #3 overall. So, nothing is a no brainer. We really don't know if Watkins is going to be Calvin Johnson.....or Charles Rogers.

The trade down is ONLY good if Gilbert and our acquired Buffalo pick in 2015 pan out.

Or if Watkins doesn't pan out.

If they know they were going to be without Gordon for the year, and not a blow away WR prospect in 2015 why not just draft Watkins for ourselves?

ALSO - if the new NFL rules are WAY TOUGHER on defenses and playing pass defense then why not draft the fast athletic WR instead of the fast athletic DB?

Look, OK, its an argument. But it is water over the dam. We shoulda never traded Bobby Mitchell for Ernie Davis. Damn guy goes and dies on us.

We shoulda never traded Paul Warfield for Mike Phipps.

We got over those, you will get over this.

Archived