THE BROWNS BOARD

Stephen Hill

LondonBrown

Yep....I've had enough of the amazingly gifted receivers who always get open, then drop balls ...ala Braylon & Little....

But Ill take a slower sure handed possession receiver every time......

Im sure Rex would LOVE to trade this guy to Pettine.....which is reason enough NOT to make the trade....

The reason the guy is being shopped is he has what I lovingly call the Greg Little syndrome. Physical tools to be a star but just can't consistently catch the football. Call me crazy but I like WR's who can catach the football. No thank you.

If that is the case then we should have just kept Greg Little.

In fact, to be honest, with the Gordon suspension looming I kinda wished we had kept Little. Is he any worse than the Austin Miles/Nate Burleson's etc.?

Greg Little is terrible and an idiot. I hate how he showboats every time he makes a catch. Even tho he drops 10x more. Whata jerk. Austin and Burleson have shown they can catch in the NFL and have the career stats to prove it. They just seem to have the injury bug. Ill still take my chances with the proven vets and their history over Little. I predict, even if Austin plays 1/2 a season, he will have more catches for more yards than littl;e.

Greg Little is terrible and an idiot. I hate how he showboats every time he makes a catch. Even tho he drops 10x more. Whata jerk. Austin and Burleson have shown they can catch in the NFL and have the career stats to prove it. They just seem to have the injury bug. Ill still take my chances with the proven vets and their history over Little. I predict, even if Austin plays 1/2 a season, he will have more catches for more yards than littl;e.

I absolutely agree...bro(pun intended)

Braylon had much more success than those two (obviously).

Little doesn't have the physical tools of Hill, who's like Calvin in that regard. But yes, all three have inconsistent hands

I'd do it for a late rounder

Braylon is still out there. Maybe he will still want to play.

Braylon had one good year then went to pot. And I am not sure why...Any clue?

Greg Little is terrible and an idiot. I hate how he showboats every time he makes a catch. Even tho he drops 10x more. Whata jerk. Austin and Burleson have shown they can catch in the NFL and have the career stats to prove it. They just seem to have the injury bug. Ill still take my chances with the proven vets and their history over Little. I predict, even if Austin plays 1/2 a season, he will have more catches for more yards than Little.

Burleson was too big an injury risk to keep around.

The Raiders just cut Little. Probably done in the NFL.

I like Hills size (6'4") and speed (4.36). He was listed as number two on Jets depth chart entering camp. He has had some crucial drops during his career. That and injuries led to his NY demise. As someone said earlier, a change of scenery sometimes gets a player back on track. Rarely happens but the kid is worth a dice roll, IMHO

burls tore a ligament in 2008. beyond that he was injury free until 2013 when he broke his arms in a car wreck

I like Hills size (6'4") and speed (4.36). He was listed as number two on Jets depth chart entering camp. He has had some crucial drops during his career. That and injuries led to his NY demise. As someone said earlier, a change of scenery sometimes gets a player back on track. Rarely happens but the kid is worth a dice roll, IMHO

MHO is by the time you get to the NFL level- you can either catch the ball, or you can't. Edwards & Little are exhibits A&B that a change in scenery doesn't change ability to catch the football.

Like a MLB baseball pitcher it's extremely difficult to regain your competitive edge after losing confidence/consistency. This may be what haunts SH. He has all the physical abilities to make a difference which could leave the mental/emotional as the crux

Archived