THE BROWNS BOARD

Philosophical question

So when push comes to shove when we are making a decision among presidential candidates shouldn't we ask ourselves the following:

What are the things, policy-wise, that bother me the most about the United States government.

Which of these things are because of or controlled by the president?

What are the things that I really like, policy-wise, same deal. Which of them are directly attributed to a president and within his or her power to implement?

Is it realistic to expect that a president or a presidential candidate can repair the things you don't like or set in motion or augment the things you do like?

If the answer to the last question is yes and you've looked over both candidates and decided one would be much better at supporting your views, why then does personality make any difference whatsoever? And why would it not be stupid to support a candidate who was in opposition with your views because you believed he or she was more or less personally appealing?

WSS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No control over? Ummm, no. You vote for the president that SAVES America...

Yep, I'm taking the insulting, sarcastic response to your philosophical question.

Is the question here whether you vote policy over personality? I'd agree, to an extent.

Old Real American quote:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

New liberal progressive sissy tantrum quote:

"who gonna be payin fo me? where my free stuff? Ima victim of everything, everything not black is racist "

Jesus would have been very conservative.

Ephesians 4:28 ESV

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

Jesus isn't about making peace, turning the other cheek, helping the poor, healing the sick, etc?

No to mention he has a lot of anti rich people quotes.

Hell, Jesus would have occupied wall street

"they're all perverts!" = Judge not? Don't throw stones unless you're without sin?

You think he would have turned away refugees?

Jesus isn't about making peace, turning the other cheek, helping the poor, healing the sick, etc?

No to mention he has a lot of anti rich people quotes.

Hell, Jesus would have occupied wall street

"they're all perverts!" = Judge not? Don't throw stones unless you're without sin?

You think he would have turned away refugees?

What do you know atheist?

WWJD?

I think he would steer clear of politics and politicians. On social issues he would be on the side of what the bible teaches such as pro life and pro traditional marriage. Yes he did have harsh things he said about rich people but it was primarily because of those who were wealthy who trusted in their wealth. Money is not the root of all evil it is the love of money and you can be poor and have a love of money. He would be for helping the poor but not able bodied people on welfare who should be working. Even the new testament says those who will not work should not eat and Paul is talking about those who are able bodied. As for judging that is one of the most misquoted scriptures being used today.The bible says we are to judge only to be very cautious when you judge because many times we don't know all the facts and to make sure our judgement is true. He would be for a liberal immigration policy but we as a country have traditionally always had liberal legal immigration. It is the illegal immigration that is the problem. Those who illegally jump to the front of the line to come to this country while others who are law abiding are waiting in line.

Look, we've been down this road before. The Bible has been modified and translated so many times, and then with your personal interpretation, it can mean basically anything.

If I have a quote showing the Bible saying something not approved by the religious right wing, there will be a dozen different interpretations lined up to tell me what that passage REALLY means.

Plenty if Christians interpret the Bible with nothing being wrong with gay marriage. But we already know your response. Not REAL Christians

From a high level, Jesus clearly seems more liberal than conservative to me. That obviously doesn't sit with the religious right, so there are plenty of canned responses on why he's actually a REAL American... Or something.

Think what you'd like. I don't expect any reasoning or common sense on the topic of religion here

says the guy who doesn't know the Bible, isn't a Christian...

not good to not know so much, but think you know it all.

I have no idea how liberals make that work.

Some of the most knowledgeable people anout the boble arent christians........"because" they read the bible top to bottom. Most of you grey pube fgts have only read the king james cliffs, or what ur told to read on sundays.

The Pharisees were very knowledgeable about the scriptures in Jesus time. It is not knowledge that is needed it is wisdom and that comes from God.

See? That.

You don't have wisdom from God. So I'm right.

Nothing you can debate there

Oh but I do have wisdom from God. He is my wisdom:

1 Corinthians 1:30New International Version (NIV)

30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

more else

but he was born that way

Cal says this better than I could:

"says the guy who doesn't know the Bible, isn't a Christian...

not good to not know so much, but think you know it all.

I have no idea how liberals make that work."

Archived