THE BROWNS BOARD

What A ______ Draft?

SDBrownsFan

Thoughts on the draft.

#3 Richardson- Thought the trade was criticized too much. We had 13 picks- and we probably wouldn't want to carry 1/4 of the roster chalked full of rookies. Even if we consider the wasteland that is the practice squad. Richardson is going to make the Claiborne/Blackmon people on here happy. I see a shiftier Byner and dare I say a little Jim Brownesque power.

#22 Weeden- The draft hinges on Weeden obviously if he is good (Top 15 QB) for the Browns for the next 8 years we've hit a home run this weekend. I have faith that Richardson will be a star and a few others below will be productive pros for awhile. I'm not crazy about the #22 spot. The Pats wanted to trade up we couldn't move down with them? I'd feel better if he was picked lower and then the pick or picks we could have had with the trade could have been used to make the 3rd round pick a 2nd round pick (ton of great players drafted right after our 2nd round pick). Reiff was tempting at 22, but I Weeden would have been picked by a trade up team in the beginning part of round 2.

37- Schwartz was not on my radar but as I read more about him he's a better pick for the Browns than Glenn/Martin. I see Ryan Tucker type production. On a side note- I've said for two month the Steelers would take Adams.

3 round trade down- I was thinking great move as all the questionable picks were being taken from our original third round pick until our 87 pick (heck a punter went). But John Hughes! Worst pick- hope he proves me an idiot. I thought he was a product of his teammate who was drafted higher. I watched a few Bearcat games- His buddy stood out way more. Hughes was probably a 5th round pick based on his size. I wanted TY Hilton here- He's going to make Luck look good.

4- Benjamin- The guy has speed I remember the OSU game two years ago. Watching his highlights he looks like he has hands as well. Nice pick. He's a slot guy next to Little probably a future punt and kickoff guy as Cribbs winds down. Can't ask for more in round 4.

4- The LB- sorry missed most of draft from here- the guy looks like a solid developemental guy.

5- Miller- Colorado- Depth in the trenches always needed. I don't see him taking anyones spot so don't pencil him yet and maybe ever.

6- Acho- is exactly the type of guy we never seem to draft at this point- how many years do the Browns draft some obscure prospect that didn't produce at the coolege level but has size. Maybe he's an overachiever and maybe he overachieves for the Browns.

6- Winn was a great value pick- remember him playing well when I watched them against Va Tach a few years ago.

7-Wade- looks slow but was projected high (3rd round) and made some plays in college- maybe he has great instincts and watches film- couldserve him well as a depth guy in our secondary.

7- Smelly- Make the star happy. I like it.

We are coming together, but I have a feeling we will be asking for a pash rusher, #1 WR and probably a ball hawk safety in next seasons draft.

"Franchise Changing"

Long as hell,

On a real note, we added what we needed, and added some depth. After the year we will make our grades. Just sucks that games dont start for 4 months.

god awful after our first pick. period.

quit acting like we did good.

h and h on the hot seat or they would be if holmgren wasn't such a good dick licker.

Go root for the Steelers, douche. We grabbed so many positions of need: RB. RT. Guard, DT/DEs... We got a burner of a WR. We also got a CB and a couple of ILBs. I wanted Burfict, but let's be real... there is a reason he is still there.

really. who the fuck are you?

do you really care about punctuation and other meaningless things when you are reading opinions BUT still get the meaning?

dude relax. you are being quite the quiff.

don't let me pull out my pledge pin and spank YO azzzzzzzzzz.

isn't it past your bedtime sparky?

really. who the fuck are you?

do you really care about punctuation and other meaningless things when you are reading opinions BUT still get the meaning?

dude relax. you are being quite the quiff.

don't let me pull out my pledge pin and spank YO azzzzzzzzzz.

isn't it past your bedtime sparky?

You're the one with a cartoon dog as your avatar... I think it is well past your bedtime.

You also did not address any of the other things I brought up, so fuck you. That is all.

I thought the nursing home had lights out at 11... I guess I was wrong.

I thought the nursing home had lights out at 11... I guess I was wrong.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no not yet anyways. usually when the nurse comes in to change my diapers she freshens my cocktail (if you know what i mean). well.....waiting on the ho.

funny shit.

btw cartoon dog is brian from family guy. another alcoholic.

"defining"

Here's my take on it...

Thoughts on the draft.

#3 Richardson- Thought the trade was criticized too much. We had 13 picks- and we probably wouldn't want to carry 1/4 of the roster chalked full of rookies. Even if we consider the wasteland that is the practice squad. Richardson is going to make the Claiborne/Blackmon people on here happy. I see a shiftier Byner and dare I say a little Jim Brownesque power.

Love the player, bummed we had to use 4 picks to get him.

#22 Weeden- The draft hinges on Weeden obviously if he is good (Top 15 QB) for the Browns for the next 8 years we've hit a home run this weekend. I have faith that Richardson will be a star and a few others below will be productive pros for awhile. I'm not crazy about the #22 spot. The Pats wanted to trade up we couldn't move down with them? I'd feel better if he was picked lower and then the pick or picks we could have had with the trade could have been used to make the 3rd round pick a 2nd round pick (ton of great players drafted right after our 2nd round pick). Reiff was tempting at 22, but I Weeden would have been picked by a trade up team in the beginning part of round 2.

Wasn't thrilled at first, but he really grew on me Friday morning. Told me a lot about what the FO thinks of McCoy. I like McCoy as a person and as a player, but I'd rather win than cheer for a guy I like.

37- Schwartz was not on my radar but as I read more about him he's a better pick for the Browns than Glenn/Martin. I see Ryan Tucker type production. On a side note- I've said for two month the Steelers would take Adams.

I'd been wanting Cordy Glenn for a while, but after reading up on Schwartz a bit, I'm happy with him.

3 round trade down- I was thinking great move as all the questionable picks were being taken from our original third round pick until our 87 pick (heck a punter went). But John Hughes! Worst pick- hope he proves me an idiot. I thought he was a product of his teammate who was drafted higher. I watched a few Bearcat games- His buddy stood out way more. Hughes was probably a 5th round pick based on his size. I wanted TY Hilton here- He's going to make Luck look good.

Unbelievable. I was OK with the trade down after Randle went to the NYG, but John Hughes?!? I thought he was dead. The Breakfast Club was a classic though, you have to admit that...

4- Benjamin- The guy has speed I remember the OSU game two years ago. Watching his highlights he looks like he has hands as well. Nice pick. He's a slot guy next to Little probably a future punt and kickoff guy as Cribbs winds down. Can't ask for more in round 4.

I felt like we already had a guy like this in Norwood... not as fast, but a solid slot receiver. Truth is, after Blackmon, Wright, and Randle, there were no other WR in this draft worth going crazy over. They will bring in some guys off the street to compete, but will need to address this position soon.

4- The LB- sorry missed most of draft from here- the guy looks like a solid developemental guy.

James-Michael Johnson... Solid depth guy for DJax, could compete for WLB. Needed some help in ST as well.

5- Miller- Colorado- Depth in the trenches always needed. I don't see him taking anyones spot so don't pencil him yet and maybe ever.

Nice swing man. Fills in from time to time with injury, but doesn't start except on ST. Niceties have youth at the swing position rather than relying on injury prone veterens at the end of their careers.

6- Acho- is exactly the type of guy we never seem to draft at this point- how many years do the Browns draft some obscure prospect that didn't produce at the coolege level but has size. Maybe he's an overachiever and maybe he overachieves for the Browns.

Yeah, nice depth/ST player.

6- Winn was a great value pick- remember him playing well when I watched them against Va Tach a few years ago.

Again, can't have too many of these guys, right?

7-Wade- looks slow but was projected high (3rd round) and made some plays in college- maybe he has great instincts and watches film- couldserve him well as a depth guy in our secondary.

Practice squad/ST at best, I think.

7- Smelly- Make the star happy. I like it.

This was interesting. Yes there is history with TRich, but really think he was brought in to. Compete with Marecic. The FB in the WCO needs to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Smelley ideally more of an H-Back type TE and has soft hands. This is pick that makes your team better, even if the player gets cut.

We are coming together, but I have a feeling we will be asking for a pash rusher, #1 WR and probably a ball hawk safety in next seasons draft.

No matter what, we now have something to judge this regime off of. If they still suck in 3 years and we're picking in the top 5 each draft, they have failed.

As more reflection has lifted some of my "confusion", I need to change my answer...

What A Fearful Draft.

We were afraid Minnesota will risk missing out on a blue-chipper to let someone trade up from outside the top six, so we give them a couple picks.

We were afraid Weeden won't last the first round, so we pass on Rieff. This even though it is clear that had Wright been there at 22, he would have been the pick.

Then after taking a round off, we were sweating whether Hughes will fall to us after trading down 20 spots with Denver. Hughes? A guy with a 5th round grade? and we were worried...

I'm sure we were at least concerned about a couple more late rounders and UDFA's...

Fear is a terrible way to draft. It affects judgment.

That said...

toxic, it ain't the end of the world. We didn't do badly, we just could've done better.

Ballsy.

We're going to make sure we get the best running back out there and we are going to hammer you behind the biggest, baddest, youngest offensive line in the division. And then we're going to throw our weak-armed QB in the recycle bin and draft a big 'ol country boy flame thrower, because the minute you move up in the box we're going over your head.

Then we're just going to collect big bodies and stack both lines.

Welcome to the AFC North, Cleveland, we've been waiting 13 years for you to show up.

Zombo

Frustrating ... until the light came on.

After going through combine analysis on our picks, reading interviews, and watching highlights, as well as listen to the so called experts, I feel a lot better.

We got at least 3, but most likely 5 starters, not counting guys that are gonna play special teams.

The addition of the first 3 picks improve every aspect of the offense, yes, even three passing game. TRich will keep defenses honest, help in pass protection, and make the line better. Schwartz & eventually Miller, improve the right side of the line, especially the run game. Weeden isn't gonna be running for his life every play ... Benjamin, Little, Moore, Cribbs will have better time & opportunity to get open. (They still gotta catch it) ... I truly think the offense got much better.

I like Johnson & Acho. Johnson, in my opinion is a football player ... smart, instinctive, aggressive. I still think we missed filling a couple spots.

Hughes & Winn fill in depth positions. Gonna be an interesting season.

"wasteful"

you wasted picks to move up and get richardson when he WOULD have been there anyway.

you wasted the 22nd pick to pick father time when he would have been there in the 2nd round anyway.

could've vastly improved your team, instead now you have a great RB in a league that is swinging so far away from the run game that it isn't funny and NO ONE else to support him. your oline stinks, your WR suck dong, you still have huge issues on D.

wasteful.

We got three day 1 starters on offense possibly 4 with the receiver, even if he doesn't start he'll get playing time. How could anybody be mad with that? I'm fucking elated and some of your guys are bitching because we gave up a couple late round picks? You don't know that we could've gotten our guys if we stayed put. Tom Heckert said he knows for a fact there was competition for the #3 pick, And other teams were interested in Weeden, but you guys know it all. Then in the 3rd round we trade down and still get the guy we wanted while picking up a 4th round pick and taking possible the fastest receiver in the draft with it.

If our offense improve's this year as much as our defense improved last year, and there's a good possibility that it will, nobody's gonna care that Weeden will be 29 or that we missed out on some practice squad prospects by trading up for T-Rich.

Telling... This front office made it clear that they are playing 'not to lose'.

You can't tell me that HHS (Homgren, Heckert and Shurmur) are about making the playoffs when they make no legit moves outside of TRich.

Weeden is going to get three years and then we will be drafting a Franchise QB like Gunner Kiel (if he even pans out in college)

Between the pick of John Hughes and missing out on a lot of big skillful WRs I am convinced that they are really just trying to play it safe (or stupid).

Ballsy.

We're going to make sure we get the best running back out there and we are going to hammer you behind the biggest, baddest, youngest offensive line in the division. And then we're going to throw our weak-armed QB in the recycle bin and draft a big 'ol country boy flame thrower, because the minute you move up in the box we're going over your head.

Then we're just going to collect big bodies and stack both lines.

Welcome to the AFC North, Cleveland, we've been waiting 13 years for you to show up.

Zombo

Zombo...I FUCKING LOVE YOU.

"wasteful"

you wasted picks to move up and get richardson when he WOULD have been there anyway.

you wasted the 22nd pick to pick father time when he would have been there in the 2nd round anyway.

could've vastly improved your team, instead now you have a great RB in a league that is swinging so far away from the run game that it isn't funny and NO ONE else to support him. your oline stinks, your WR suck dong, you still have huge issues on D.

wasteful.

no matter how fucked i think the draft was you should be on here thanking us for that first pick you got. once again helping out every team in our division.

Archived