THE BROWNS BOARD

Greetings from WSS

Westside Steve

Hi guys. You probably haven't seen me here much lately. Just a little note to my friends that I am recovering from cancer surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I figure I am in the best facility in the country and my chances of recovery are good. I'll be here posting my asshole remarks very soon. I love you guys.

WSS

Hi guys. You probably haven't seen me here much lately. Just a little note to my friends that I am recovering from cancer surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I figure I am in the best facility in the country and my chances of recovery are good. I'll be here posting my asshole remarks very soon. I love you guys.

WSS

Wow. Good luck buddy. I am a cancer survivor, and you will be, too. Had surgery last year after diagnosis of Hurthle Cell Carcinoma, followed by RAI treatment. I am here for you if you ever need to talk. May I recommend a book that really helped me get through it all?

Anticancer: A New Way of Life

I bought a copy of it, and decided that everyone I knew who had cancer, I would give it to them and ask them to sign the inside flap. Then the next time they know someone with cancer, they pass it along to them and ask that person to do the same. In any case, the book helped me a lot in not feeling helpless. It gave me a sense that I could do something in my life to fight back and not just have to sit around feeling like a victim.

WSS

Praying for a full and speedy recovery. And you are right I have heard that the Cleveland Clinic is one of the best.

I've known this, and Thanks, Steve, because it was sticking in my throat,

I wanted to tell everybody.

Like I told Steve, I know from personal experience witnessing it, that cancer fighting

tech has advanced to amazing degrees. Treatment/diagnostic tech/advanced chemotherapy/ratiation technieques...

The terrible odds are, anymore, that most of us have personal understanding of it directly, or indirectly.

I knew Steve had cancer for a few weeks...but I promised him I'd keep it to myself...

which wasn't easy. Actually, I called him the next day after his surgery, I didn't know,

and I'm surprised he didn't call ME an asswhole. LOL

And Steve, if you need anything, Canton Mike and I are not that far away. Oh, and I hope

your nurses are as cute and terrific as mine were when I got my new knee....

Actually, and I will be an evangelist for this, do not negect regular colonoscopies. I put it off year after year not out of fear But out of convenience.

WSS

I never had one til my Dad got colon cancer 30 yrs ago. I found out I was high risk, so I get one

every three years... I'm actually on the 4th yr out of being busy, etc...

I'd better call. There are so many cases of this... it seems it has to do with our American diet, I think,

I've read. If you need anything ,Steve, Canton Mike and I aren't that far away, I'd drive up.

Now, if you want a couple of good books on the outdoors, etc... I have a big library in the computer room...

WSS

Get well soon.

WSS

Best of luck you old bastard, thoughts are with you.

Well, hell man, I thought I was having a rough go of it with wrist surgery and subsequent permanent thumbs up cast.

I'm glad you're recovering and I look forward to making you look like an asshole when I finally get this cast off since I'm confident you'll be back in action before I can type with more than one thumb.

I hope all is going well Steve. Hang in there buddy. You are correct, The Cleveland Clinic is the best medical facility in all the land for a multitude of things. Praying for you and yours.

WSS

Thoughts and prayers for you my man!

Looking forward to your return to the board Steve!

Archived