THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board March Madness ... Join Now!

cambridgeho

NORTH CAROLINA JUST -1 FAVORITES O/U 154½u go on to win.

NORTH CAROLINA 71 GONZAGA 65 as all of the experts had it, we'll all of the experts on this board had it. ;)

And the NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT AND SEASON and THE BEST TOURNAMENT IN SPORTS IS OVER.

See you again next year. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats mjp28!! All is fine in Old Caroline :D..Redemption Tour...Mission Accomplished..That was a damn mans game right there both ways..

Congrats mjp28!! All is fine in Old Caroline :D..Redemption Tour...Mission Accomplished..That was a damn mans game right there both ways..

Congratulations gumbo and Gonzaga, one tough defensive team, gave UNC all they wanted and more. Again one shining moment in basketball and all of sports and the NCAA this year.

My congratulations also to Beanpot, Alex and Tommy all finishing within striking distance in the tournament and everyone else who stepped up to play this year.

See you again here and in other contests in 2017 and 2018. Michael "mjp"

Congrats, mjp... damn near lapped the field. I was happy to do my part to help you do so...

I did not have the guts to pick the ZAGS over UNC...we'll see in the second half.

....meanwhile the Indians down 1-5 up 8-5 bottom 9, GO TRIBE!

Disappointing game... came away feeling like the Zags lost rather than the Heels won...

The Indians on the other hand... flipped to ESPN during breaks. First check we're down 5-3. Second we tied 5-5 and Miller is in. Third still 5-5 and we're batting... decided to hand and see if we could post one... we posted 3... and it was Allen time. Stayed there for the finish.

Gritty team... weird to see Napier on the Rangers... and Encarnacion(?) with us, but I think I can get used to the changes.

And a big, "Welcome back" to Brantly...

Well thanks and it was a good and exciting NC game with a ton of lead changes! But did the best team win?

Both were #1 seeds although I feel the Zags had an easier bracket to get out of BUT we're a very good team extremely tough on defense....and had the 7' tall Polish Hammer. UNC had playoff experience maybe the deciding factor for me plus an overall taller, tougher team with plenty of shooters.

If Gonzaga won would we say that the better team won, probably -but- UNC in their record 20th Finals did win so I guess we can accept that unless you really liked and wanted a new fresh underdog in their 1st Final ever to win.

So congratulations to UNC....especially if you picked them to win -and- got a big scare all game!

So who's the favorite in 2018? Well we have 11 months to think about that. March Madness one shining moment.

... and had the 7' tall Polish Hammer.

Had he showed up.

The only shot he made that I can recall was the scramble fed lunge that he did not have time to think about. Maybe he was leg weary from the start, but what a disappointing showing. I wondered why, as good as his free-throw stroke looked most of the time, he never took a 12 footer?

Had he showed up.

The only shot he made that I can recall was the scramble fed lunge that he did not have time to think about. Maybe he was leg weary from the start, but what a disappointing showing. I wondered why, as good as his free-throw stroke looked most of the time, he never took a 12 footer?

Hail.... to The Polish Hammer! Hail Victory! Hail.... to the Polish Hammer. With the Hammer.... theZags whip on UNC!!(sorry redskins :o) Mjp--I agree the road was tougher with likes of Kentucky & Oregon(Ennis--that dude balls) but I have not seen much of Zaga but that Micheal-Goss kid would look great in a Cavs uni. Most I have heard all day was about the officiating last night..imo it was just as bad both ways..Do U need the Cap or T-Shirt Tour? :lol:

Had he showed up.

Just curious i wonder if his eye injury was bothering him? Can't shoot if you're seeing two rims plus Gonzaga needed a 100% Hammer to beat UNC.

Archived