THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...

Alkid3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18796139/cleveland-browns-wr-josh-gordon-apply-reinstatement

Not surprising to see him "apply" for reinstatement yet again.. it is that time of the year.

I have been following his snapchat and he is working out hard, everyday in FL.

Seems to be focused and committed but we have seen this all too many times.

Do we keep him and see how it pans out this season or trade him? Hopefully Goodell lets him back he has done everything he is supposed to do up until this point.

I wanna see Josh do great things for the Browns. He's still young enough to make an impact.

He needs to be out there on that field terrorizing defenses instead of sparking up doobies and eating Fritos.

So what should the Browns do. Trade him abd get picks? Or keep him for the low?

If he gets reinstated, fuck it. Play him. I don't think we could likely get jack shit in a trade for him....so might as well squeeze that lemon and see if there is any juice there. If not...you are no worse off than before. Not really.

Besides...we need a slot receiver to replace Hawkins.

(though...I mean...if someone really wants to offer a 2d/3rd round pick for him...then we may be talking)

What a shame that his career has tanked because of archaic drug rules

Eh, I don't disagree but I don't in any way feel bad for the dude. He was told to stop doing one thing specifically and he just kept at it (or hung with people who were). I'm not going to have sympathy for him. I enjoy a good beer but if millions of dollars were on the line based on not drinking I sure as shit wouldn't be despite how ridiculous the rule is.

I wonder how big of an issue that may be in the next CBA.

Obviously the disciplinary procedures will be a major issue. If the maryjane policy is changed....there would be many fewer disciplinary issues.

Fair to say?

Wrong. The drug rules did not make him choose to violate them knowing the consequences if caught. It's called responsibility and trying to place that on "archaic rules" rather than the player is ridiculous.

Fixed that for you:

What a shame that his career has tanked because of archaic drug rules his own stupidity.

Ultimately his actions are on him.

Continuing to use in spite of serious consequences would allow for a diagnosis of addiction. His refusal to deal with his own addiction is.. his problem, and nobody else's.

And if you remember all of the details of his past positive tests, it was reeaaallll light.

Yes, he should have known better. Yes, he had millions on the line. Yes, it is ultimately his fault.

But that doesn't change the fact the rules are ridiculous on the matter.

If he gets reinstated, fuck it. Play him. I don't think we could likely get jack shit in a trade for him....so might as well squeeze that lemon and see if there is any juice there. If not...you are no worse off than before. Not really.

Besides...we need a slot receiver to replace Hawkins.

(though...I mean...if someone really wants to offer a 2d/3rd round pick for him...then we may be talking)

^^ Agree 100%. Except that moves Coleman to the slot, Gordon and Pryor on the outside.

"It's like Deja vu all over again." - Y. Berra

He gets reinstated, you play him. But trusting him to stay clean? Um, nope. Um, I'd take a very iffy Gordon over any of the WRs currently on the roster other than Coleman and Pryor Jordan Leslie? Rannell Hall? Dennis Parks? Seriously? Those guys are training camp fodder. (OK, I had to look at the roster.) :)

Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...

or as PoG calls it, 'Christmas'.

Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and 4th of July. Who knows, Goodell just might give him another chance. MHO he's paid his dues, what the hey- give him another shot.

Cutting or trading him would be the stupidest Browns move yet. There is literally nothing to gain by trading him with the upside being HOF type WR performance if he stays clean. If he doesn't , he doesn't , simple as that.

This.... for the 57th time*... this...

* estimated.

Wrong. The drug rules did not make him choose to violate them knowing the consequences if caught. It's called responsibility and trying to place that on "archaic rules" rather than the player is ridiculous.

Exactly. Gordon doesn't come across as very bright, but his lack of discipline

is his own doing. HE IS responsible for not adhering to the rules of the game.

He could have been a star, make millions and millions, and then smoke it all

away later. The rules didn't make him break them.

Hue's not dealing with this dude. He had his chance last year.

IF he gets re-instated, he gets traded/released/whatever.

He's not the wearing the colors again, good luck to him.

Zombo

That does not mean that both are not true.

I wonder how big of an issue that may be in the next CBA.

Obviously the disciplinary procedures will be a major issue. If the maryjane policy is changed....there would be many fewer disciplinary issues.

Fair to say?

Hey Dude, I can play again?

vin5s7qlklm57kvcpcxn.jpg

Mike

HELL YES!

C'mon Josh don't let us down, we believe in you!

The moment of Truth.

If Gordon is reinstated, and if he stays clean, and if he's in great shape - the Browns have a legitimate #1 wideout. Lot of "ifs". However, combine Gordon with a resigned Terrell Pryor and a full season of Cory Coleman and Cleveland has a solid receiving corps that many teams would envy...and one that would help make any young quarterback's growth a lot easier.

It doesn't send the right message to the rest of your team. I'd trade him definately...

if he's going to be actually making a good comeback, just get a good pick for him,

and draft a football smart, good character, work ethic wr with that pic.

Archived