THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade Down

The Gipper

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just give the picks away? It's not like the Browns are going to draft anyone worthwhile. Seriously, Give the fucking picks away, save on cap money and throw a big fucking NO CHANCE FOR THE HOF party for Joe Thomas?

Fucking idiots.

I actually laughed aloud at this one

Why not just give the picks away? It's not like the Browns are going to draft anyone worthwhile. Seriously, Give the fucking picks away, save on cap money and throw a big fucking NO CHANCE FOR THE HOF party for Joe Thomas?

Fucking idiots.

And the real plus side to that is it only makes the Browns look half-foolish instead of completely foolish. :D

And my wife interrupted my typing this to say, "Why don't they just take the ones who are rated highest when they make each pick."

Out of the mouth of someone who knows absolutely nothing about football comes BPA (she had no idea there was a term for it).

I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

Unless they trade down to #2 with a guarantee that the 49ers will not take him, then fine.

But without that.....if you trade down any further.....the 49ers or the Bears WILL grab him, almost 100%.

No trade down this year.

But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

They were RIGHT.

No trade down this year.

But with Goff looking like a bust on the scale of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, and Wentz rated as the lowest QB in the league after week 7...

It's time to re-evaluate the assertion that the brain trust was stupid to trade down in 2016.

They were RIGHT.

It is way too early to make those assessments on those players.

I just read a report saying that the plan for the draft was to trade down from #1 and take Mitch Trubisky

It's January. They don't have a plan yet.

Certainly not before the Senior Bowl, the combine, pro days ... and the most important of all ... interviews.

And if they did have a plan, no one would know it, it wouldn't be shared and it would be 99% likely to change.

Zombo

They were RIGHT.

They also reportedly had targeted Goff, but he was gone... so there's that...

We can credit our FO for not competing with LA for the #1 overall.

That said, I haven't completely abandoned all hope for Goff... not yet...

If their logic is to trade down and pick Trubisky, who are they going to trade with?

I think if they trade down they will miss out on Trubisky AND the two top defensive players.

Stay at #1 and take one of those two defensive players....or gamble on the QB.....but don't trade out and MISS out on all of 'em.

Good point, who is going to trade up to #1 overall and then not take the highest rated QB?

Good question. When is the last time that someone traded up to like #1 or #2 and took something other than a quarterback?

(I don't know the answer)

The Browns traded up to #3 to take Richardson. Of course, we now know how stupid that was.

Good question. When is the last time that someone traded up to like #1 or #2 and took something other than a quarterback?

(I don't know the answer)

The Browns traded up to #3 to take Richardson. Of course, we now know how stupid that was.

Orlando Pace ?

Yup... Pace in '97.

The #1 overall has only been traded away 5 times including last year by the Titans. All five times have been in "the modern era".

Three times the target was a QB (Goff, Vick, George).

In addition to the Rams tabbing Pace, Cinci traded up to the #1 overall in '95 and took Ki-Jana Carter (RB).

Again, this thread is just for spitballing. Lets say hypotheticall that the 49ers, Bears and Jets all lusted over the same player...say the QB. But lets say that the Browns put it out that they too would consider this same player.....but that they would be willing to consider a trade down with each of these teams to move down so that they could take who they want at #1.

What would it take to make a trade down with:

A. the 49ers, swapping 1 for 2

B. the Bears, swapping 1 for 3

C. the Jets, swapping 1 for 6

Or lets say that it is not the QB, but the defensive player, which the Browns also express in interest in, but also have an interest in trading down. Could this bring the Jags and the Titans into the game...or some team below them?

• 1 month later...

from St Louis and was wondering any talk in Cleveland about moving down? as good as Garrett is adding more picks sure makes sense. Thanks

Yes, some. There was a whole thread on it. Someone had suggested a move down to #5 with the Tits. Can't recall the details, I will have to look it up. But that one sounded feasible to me.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45375&hl=%2Bcamp+%2Btrade+%2Bdown

from St Louis and was wondering any talk in Cleveland about moving down? as good as Garrett is adding more picks sure makes sense. Thanks

We're not trading down get right the fuck out of here. No mood to hear all the leagues fans trying to convince browns fans another trade down to acquire mediocre talent is the right call

Archived