THE BROWNS BOARD

Peckers hold out

Westside Steve

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an interview that had the Special Teams coach on there talking about Peppers. He said that his body type and ability was kind of like Cribbs. We all wanted to see Cribbs back there at Safety, now we'll finally get the chance. I'm excited by it. Also adding Pryor, I thought he was a thumper in that draft and wrestled with the thought of taking him high or trading back into the first to snag him. He doesn't have a lot of miles on him and maybe he's learned some and taken some lumps and he's ready for the next step? I hope so. That is going to be a place you'll certainly want to keep your head on a swivel, Browns Secondary is looking nasty.

Go read all the summaries of Jets games on their forums and on PFF.. Pryor hasn't put in the mental work off the field to diagnose plays correctly and therefore nearly always takes incorrect angles when he runs amuck. Could it work out? Only if he makes some radical changes to his habits. Otherwise, he's backup/ST skills at best, likely not even making the roster if nothing has changed.. which is exactly why the Jets were about to cut him.

Projecting again you AIDS riddled faggot? Off yourself already.

So I assume VD (apt abbreviation) got a time out...

Go read all the summaries of Jets games on their forums and on PFF.. Pryor hasn't put in the mental work off the field to diagnose plays correctly and therefore nearly always takes incorrect angles when he runs amuck. Could it work out? Only if he makes some radical changes to his habits. Otherwise, he's backup/ST skills at best, likely not even making the roster if nothing has changed.. which is exactly why the Jets were about to cut him.

Could be that he responds better to our coaching... a pretty standard "hope" when acquiring an under-performing player.

People talk about Peppers being a part time LB. Has there been any discussion about Pryor? His body type and style seem to fit this hybrid role almost as well if not better than Peppers. Plus, it would be in the areas he excels in, see ball. hit ball with minimal coverage responsibilities. Just a thought

People talk about Peppers being a part time LB. Has there been any discussion about Pryor? His body type and style seem to fit this hybrid role almost as well if not better than Peppers. Plus, it would be in the areas he excels in, see ball. hit ball with minimal coverage responsibilities. Just a thought

Not a bad thought either.....and Williams is probably just the type of coach to find that out too

That's not really true.

"Tweener" recently carries a negative connotation because of some high profile LB/DEs who failed to perform. There are multiple examples of talented hybrid SS/LBs in the NFL.

Further, NFL defenses are rapidly evolving and incorporating scheme-fluid and position-fluid players. Williams has already stated our defensive players will be tasked with learning two positions.

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/is-that-a-lb-or-a-safety-why-hybrid-players-are-part-of-a-growing-nfl-trend

He is a tweener and you are a tweenager. Not old enough for dating but still like the lipstick and my little ponies.

What if Peppers can play deep middle field and just run sideline to sideline making plays on deep balls.

Pryor and Collins can play deep left and right. Pop the shit out of anybody going deeper than 10 yards. Force man press coverage on the WRs with Haden and Taylor.

Kirksey watches the middle and holds em up while these safeties pop out the ball. Taking shots. Then we rush Garrett, Shelton, Bryant and Orchard straight at the QB. We'll rotate the D-Line to keep em fresh and quick. Turnovers and Sacks baby!

I meant Ogbah... and Nassib too. :)

... and #1 says:

1. It won't be 4-3 based, and good luck labeling the front

"We'll play 4-3 and 3-4 in the same game," he said. "3-3, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2, Bear, big on five down, big on six down, big on more linebackers, little on more DBs and I have 42 packages of defense. ... How much we play those type of schemes or packages is based on the AFC North. It's based on what those offenses are pulling out there to play defense on and I'm almost not afraid to make sure all the other people have to work against a lot things I'm never going to call."

So your point is that you are incorrect "labeling" us as a 3-4?

Gregg's clearly saying our D will be situationally determined... within games by game situations, but also at snap one by the nature of our opponent that week. However, our roster, deep in the DL and 2ndary in numbers, if not talent, and relatively light at LB certainly suggests that 4-man fronts will dominate. At least that's what I see.

What is it you see that says to you we have 3-4 personnel?

... and #1 says:

1. It won't be 4-3 based, and good luck labeling the front

"We'll play 4-3 and 3-4 in the same game," he said. "3-3, 3-2, 4-1, 4-2, Bear, big on five down, big on six down, big on more linebackers, little on more DBs and I have 42 packages of defense. ... How much we play those type of schemes or packages is based on the AFC North. It's based on what those offenses are pulling out there to play defense on and I'm almost not afraid to make sure all the other people have to work against a lot things I'm never going to call."

So your point is that you are incorrect "labeling" us as a 3-4?

Gregg's clearly saying our D will be situationally determined... within games by game situations, but also at snap one by the nature of our opponent that week. However, our roster, deep in the DL and 2ndary in numbers, if not talent, and relatively light at LB certainly suggests that 4-man fronts will dominate. At least that's what I see.

What is it you see that says to you we have 3-4 personnel?

With the addition of Collins and Garret we have more body's that can play.

Browns Secondary is looking nasty.

yeah like spittin watermelon seeds through gold teeth nasty? like don't come into my neighborhood whiteboy nasty? like jerk chicken pitbulls and bad breath nasty? yeah..............maybe.

now can any of them play friggin football?

this season is going to piss soooooooo many people off.

I guess technically we do still have some 3-4 personnel with orchard and garrett could prob play either or. Not sure i like it tho. His best defenses were the rams straight 4-3's right? We'll see.

Kinda lost in the offseason talk has been nassib. Hows he progressing? I wanna see weight room numbers going up

...because they had to eat crow?

too many fans great expectations blown up in their face only to realize we have another losing FO and coach.

but never listen to the guy behind the curtain. he only knows EVERYTHING.

Peppers will sign at some point & we'll see if he is as good & versatile as many of us (me included) believe.

I am satisfied that we finally have a DC who will put players in the best place for them to succeed, leading to far more accurate player evaluation & needs assessment.

Mike

Mik! I really like the Peppers AND Njoku picks! They were awesome, but I'm most excited about the #1 OVERALL monster Myles Garrett! All I've heard for 2 years is just wait till Garrett comes out, he's a beast. I can't believe we had to suck so badly in order to secure the Brown's Beast... I can't believe we actually got him. How sick would a Bosa - Garrett combo be. But hey, I think Corey Coleman is a badass, I'm okay with it. Just wait until Coleman can take the field with Gordon- it's gonna be a beauty.

I guess technically we do still have some 3-4 personnel with orchard and garrett could prob play either or. Not sure i like it tho. His best defenses were the rams straight 4-3's right? We'll see.

Definitely a lot 4-man fronts in LA... as for what was behind them??? Do you want to emphasize alignment or size/natural position?

"Still have some" is the operative phrase. Our roster is distinctly less 3-4-ish, at least to my eye, than it was going into 2016 camp with its strength shifted from LB to DL... not that we were all that strong at LB last season. LOLB was a continuing question even after Collins stabilized ROLB. And then we traded Davis...

Actually, the last time Gordon was on the field it was last year just before the season and he looked like he hadn't missed a beat. It appeared he and Pryor were going to have an epic year.

Archived