THE BROWNS BOARD

Garrett (Clowney 2.0)

One Post

Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

His performance at run D has been the most consistent 2014-2016 of any edge run defender in the league.. Each of the last 3 someone has equaled or bested him with a great season - but that player hasn't been there the other 2 yrs.

2014 - tied with McPhee for #1.

2015 - second behind Mack

2016 - Third behind Von Miller and Michael Bennett.

As well, this is his performance in pass rush over those 3 years. That's an astronomical improvement year-over-year..

I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

Good post but why are you so doubtful Garrett could replicate them? Pretty much everywhere I've read or listened says Garrett is the better prospect coming out of college.

Soggy BBQ?

Nate Ulrich‏ @NateUlrichABJ

#Browns HC Hue Jackson said DE Myles Garrett practiced yesterday and will practice tomorrow. Day off today because they're being cautious.

In my defense I come here for Browns biased news therefore I never seen anything about Garrett not taking the field in OTAs. Why?

Take this with a grain of salt or from a guy with some scouting background..Pepper's & Garrett are a media secret weapon & the Browns are telling them & showing them Butt-kiss when the media arrives...Would love to be the fly on the wall when Hue told Williams "Peppers & Higgins spells Cory till Cory's return" Speculation? You bet ya!!

Clowney has been in the top 3 at edge run defender in every year he has played in the league.

he suited up for 4 games in his rookie season. how can you be the best of anything when you are getting paid millions and put in 25% of what you are expected?

c'mon man!!

I sincerely hope Garrett can approach these stats. I highly doubt he'll be able to replicate them.

Clowney is nowhere near the top....sorry....

If Garrett only gets 10 sacks in his first 3 years(31 games)?....he;ll be considered a bust.....

Heck....Ogbah has identical numbers to Clowney(tackles and sacks)....and he's a tad above average, at best.....

Also may I inflect...

I dare to ask not dare to who in the holy fuck I'm friends with.

I email Tom every great once in a while Wargowrong.

That's it man we ain't in cahoots dude were just some fans. Grow the fuck up already.

Also may I inflect...

I dare to ask not dare to who in the holy fuck I'm friends with.

I email Tom every great once in a while Wargowrong.

That's it man we ain't in cahoots dude were just some fans. Grow the fuck up already.

Try English next time. For all his faults, your dad seems to have a decent grasp on the language. Maybe he'll teach you for his next back rub.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/31/browns-top-pick-myles-garrett-not-practicing/102348080/

Back-to the ot this is going to suck if it shakes out the way it might.

I mean we had some excellent production in college but since then it's been little more than prognosticators and boasting from Garrett himself.

WSS

Get back to me when Garrett's microfracture surgery is scheduled...

I swear, some folks look for shit to worry about...

But, but, but ...............it's been reported that he got his leg stuck in a stationary bike and had a complete break of the spoke. Plus the sky is falling.

220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

I think you have to take the Browns at their word the Garrett issue isn't serious.

It would look pretty bad to sell it off as a "non" issue to 3 weeks later come back the kid is looking at a season ending surgery.

Lets be real here.

Oh....this was just a quick comment

I really liked hearing what Von Miller had to say about Garrett. He's obviously from the same school, and they have a special connection, but Miller essentially stated that "nobody will be able to block Garrett", and that's he's already in a league of his own. I'm not sure THAT'S true, but it goes to show you the respect some people already have for the kid.

What I like about Garrett is he doesn't appear to be an egotistical type guy. He wants to do great things, and he expects it. From what I read, the guy comes to work and does his job, and that's about it. As excited as we all are about Garrett, don't be surprised if the guy that makes the headlines is Emmanuel Ogbah. That year of experience, plus having Garrett's presence on the opposite side could really pay dividends to Ogbah's ability to ruin a QB's day. If it's 3rd and long, you can bet that both Ogbah and Garrett are coming for your soul, and you can't really double both of them effectively. What I like more is we have two very fast linebackers in Kirksey and Collins that are solid tacklers, so the short stuff hopefully won't kill us.

Just like Coleman, we need Garrett ready to go for training camp. We need our big dogs healthy and ready to learn. We need it in the worst way.

Honestly dont see how anybody could not like Garrett.....and I agree Jiggins....Ogbah should benefit from the attention that is sure to go Myles way....

Yep, I personally feel we should count the sacks of the two together for that very reason. Ogbah is going to likely at least double last year's total. And Garrett is used to double teams on just about every play. Won't be unexpected. I hope they keep a good count of the number of QB pressures this year compared to last whether we get the sack or not. Should show a major difference for the entire D.

• 4 weeks later...

The only reason people are scared of Garrett is the injury possibility/probability, and his taking plays off.

Everything else is abundantly there. Ogbah actually might have a coming out year getting more competition and new scheme. Hw will probably get more sacks than Garrett.

Archived